No announcement yet.

HomeSeer and Apple Siri (HomeKit) the easy way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumper this is an awesome write up, and I just wanted to find out, I was very upset to hear that homeseer isn't planning on native Homekit support, very upsetting from a pretty big player in the home automation market, to NOT want to integrate with one of the largest mobile providers... so anyway, here I am, I was using the Fraggel plug in for ever even though he stopped supporting it and it was working,,, OK, until it stopped.. just recently, it has come up as blocked and I cant get it working any longer, I have two apple homepods also, and loved the homekit functionality... HomeSeer told me sorry were not supporting it, I was told to look into the Rpi option,
    so my question to you is your very informative post is from 2017, is there anything newer I should follow?
    or is this still valid?!
    I very much miss my homekit intregration and hope your apps will stitch that link again..

Comment

https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...er-plugin-2018

im using this on a raspi, but there is a windows install option now that I will follow if I run into issues with my radio in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyborg View Post
        https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebr...er-plugin-2018

im using this on a raspi, but there is a windows install option now that I will follow if I run into issues with my radio in the future.
        I was starting to build the raspberry Pi on, I don't mind either way I just am trying to find the latest and MOST IMPORTANTLY still developed one..
        in addition the one you posted
        does mention insteon devices?
        80% of my network is Insteon, only a small portion of my network Door locks, and some sensors, are zwave, will this still work?!

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

I was starting to build the raspberry Pi on, I don't mind either way I just am trying to find the latest and MOST IMPORTANTLY still developed one..
          80% of my network is Insteon, only a small portion of my network Door locks, and some sensors, are zwave, will this still work?!
          I don’t have any Insteon products or experience with Insteon so I can’t be of any assistance there.

Comment

Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post

Hi,

For your information, I have about 30 Insteon devices. All accessible from HomeKit via HomeBridge.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

The configmaker is great, but i was actually expecting it to just use any device with "voice command" enabled.
              I have a shitheap of zigbee, z-wave, etc. devices

Comment

That is not how the integration between HomeKit, Homebridge, and HomeSeer work. I have over 100 devices (and more to go) configured into 4 or 5 homebridge instances, It is not that big of a deal to add them in. I do highly recommend that you go to homebridge.io and use the newer stuff rather than the older homebridge installations.

Even have my non-HomeKit enabled RTSP based cameras integrated. It is really cool.

Unfortunately, I have read that the Homebridge-HomeSeer plugin developer is slowly abandoning HomeSeer. So, future support of this technology (plugin) may become slow and stagnant. He really did an outstanding job.

I am a bit of a user interface snob and have a lot of opinions in terms of when a user interface looks good or not. It is a side effect of what I do for work, and kind of unfortunate as certain type of interfaces I just can’t stand. The HomeKit “home” interface is not perfect, or even nice to look at, but I definitely have become grown to it. The integration with HomeSeer does work well.... And with non-HomeKit cameras! That is just cool.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post

Unfortunately, I have read that the Homebridge-HomeSeer plugin developer is slowly abandoning HomeSeer. So, future support of this technology (plugin) may become slow and stagnant. He really did an outstanding job.

That's mostly true - I've mostly stopped developing on this plugin as I've switch to using Hubitat, but I still check my github page and try to help if someone raises an issue (though response times are slow!). In an ideal world, I'd like to just hand this over to HomeSeer, see them integrate its functionality into the HomeSeer product, and move on from it. Apple has greatly opened up the licensing on HomeKit over the last year or so, so integrating HomeKit functionality directly into HomeSeer shouldn't be as much of an issue as it was in the past. And a lot of functionality could be given for a little work - I suspect that for 99% of the users out there, all they really need to integrate is Lights, Switches, and Locks -- the easiest items to implement! My plugin could them be just a supplement for those who need the little bit more that it provides. Anybody from HomeSeer listening!

Comment

We really appreciate your work! It is outstanding.
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

We really appreciate your work! It is outstanding.
                      Thank you! It was my first time programming anything significant in about 20 years (and first time ever using JavaScript), so I was happy that it turned out well! At some point, I'll try to document the code a bit more so that others can build from it.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post

That's mostly true - I've mostly stopped developing on this plugin as I've switch to using Hubitat, but I still check my github page and try to help if someone raises an issue (though response times are slow!). In an ideal world, I'd like to just hand this over to HomeSeer, see them integrate its functionality into the HomeSeer product, and move on from it. Apple has greatly opened up the licensing on HomeKit over the last year or so, so integrating HomeKit functionality directly into HomeSeer shouldn't be as much of an issue as it was in the past. And a lot of functionality could be given for a little work - I suspect that for 99% of the users out there, all they really need to integrate is Lights, Switches, and Locks -- the easiest items to implement! My plugin could them be just a supplement for those who need the little bit more that it provides. Anybody from HomeSeer listening!
                        macromark Rupp maybe would be time that HS take over ... we've been waiting for long time on this integration

Comment

Thank you! It was my first time programming anything significant in about 20 years (and first time ever using JavaScript), so I was happy that it turned out well! At some point, I'll try to document the code a bit more so that others can build from it.
                          Please do create a write up and/or document the code. I would certainly be interested as there are changes that I would like to make. For one audio zone control, tv control, and the like. It’s on my list to do...

Again, many thank you’d for the time you took to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post

macromark Rupp maybe would be time that HS take over ... we've been waiting for long time on this integration
                            I doubt that this will happen. Let’s be honest - they are android users and don’t particularly care about Apple users. If they did, then things wouldn’t be in such a disarray for us Apple users. But then, how many environments can one support? And then, Apple certainly didn’t make it easy for third partys to integrate with. Was at CES two years ago and many of the Car manufacturers said nothing good about working with Apple.

Comment

I doubt that this will happen. Let’s be honest - they are android users and don’t particularly care about Apple users. If they did, then things wouldn’t be in such a disarray for us Apple users. But then, how many environments can one support? And then, Apple certainly didn’t make it easy for third partys to integrate with. Was at CES two years ago and many of the Car manufacturers said nothing good about working with Apple.
                              HomeSeer doesn't even have built-in support for groups of devices yet - so I doubt they will be doing HomeKit any time soon!

Comment

So sad to see you switching... Love your plug-in. Yes, it would be great if HomeSeer just supports HomeKit already. The Home app, and many other HomeKit compatible apps, are great, and obviate the need to use HomeSeer GUI, especially on phones and iPads. I've been using your homebridge plug-in now, and use the Home app on my iPhone and Apple Watch to control HomeSeer devices. HomeSeer's event engine, and its ability to integrate various technologies is its strength IMO. However, its traditional reputation as being very good with integration is now undermined by its lack of HomeKit support.

Comment

Working...
                                X