ChromeCast Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guy999 View Post
    in case anyone has problems with google audio cast I have it in my office and it was persistently losing connection, after a ton of research, I basically just bought a ethernet connection from google store for about 15 bucks and now it's directly wired in and it seems to work great.

the problem before was I would cast something and then my phone/etc would forget that I had a google cast at all and I couldn't stop the music without just turning off the power to the device......
    Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
    I have the same experience, i had problems with stability until i connected the Ethernet adapter......
    Same here. Just ordered the ethernet adapter, I hope it fixes my problems!
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
      Same here. Just ordered the ethernet adapter, I hope it fixes my problems!
      May be a case of too-little-too-late, but something like this would work to connect Chromecast by ethernet: http://m.ebay.com/itm/172277575326?_...75&_mwBanner=1

That's not the exact generic unit I'm using, but they all use the same chip set so it might as well be the same one.

Wes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

ok so the direct ethernet adapter is working amazing. I have 3 zones in my house, and after today I'll have 5 zones of audio working in my house.

so my question is on the github stuff above would it allow me to setup a homeseer event that can automatically get all of the different chromecasts to automatically play a pandora playlist or automatically play a spotify playlist.

Comment

Speaker Client?

Any chance of turning the Chromecast Audio into a speaker client like AirPlay Speak?

Comment

I saw an interesting approach to trigger taking an amplifier out of standby by a SONOS Connect using a Raspberry Pi: https://github.com/geeeyetee/SonosAmpJuicePi

I wonder if this could be adapted to Chromecasts as well. If a Chromecast going active could switch on a distribution amp, that would be enormously useful in using the CCA in a whole house configuration.

Also, take a look at this thread which has a lot of ideas on building WHA out of chromecasts: https://community.smartthings.com/t/...ntial/24465/94

If HS can speak through the CCA, it cyield a FAR cheaper solution for HS announcements and WHA than SONOS could support

thx
            mike

Comment

I'd like to use the Chromecast Audio plugged into my homeseer server to send audio alerts to other Google Homes in my house. Anyone have any ideas? Is this even possible right now?

Comment

Has anyone got this working inside of HomeSeer?

I have 5 zones in my house. I'm using Chromecast Audio connected to some mini-amps from Amazon. Mini-amps are powered by a z-wave power strip so I can turn on/off the amps from HomeSeer but I'd definitely like to be able to control the music from within HomeSeer as well.

Comment

I've gotten around the no Homeseer support for this by using Tasker and the Autocast plugin on my phone in conjunction with the Tasker plugin for HS3 (although that isn't absolutely needed).

Allows me to use my Home and Chromecasts basically as a speaker client and also control music playback.

Comment

You can now use your Google Home and Chromecasts as speaker clients using the Chromecast plugin. This plugin also allows to control volume, media playback, etc...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191073

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      You can now use your Google Home and Chromecasts as speaker clients using the Chromecast plugin. This plugin also allows to control volume, media playback, etc...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191073
                      This is awesome.... Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X