Alexa has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa has died

Alexa has stopped working with my HS3 computer. She does not recognize any of my HS3 devices. I have disabled and re enabled the HS3 skill, but I cannot get the Amazon Echo to discover any of my HS3 devices. Alexa is still working with my Lutron switches.

MyHomeseer seems to be working because I am still able to control all of HS3 devices via HS3TOUCH.

Anyone else having problems?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Try logging into myhs and changing your password. Delete and readd the hs3 skill which will prompt you to login.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I changed my MyHomeseer password and it now conforms to the new password requirements. I also changed my password settings in HS3 for MyHomeseer. HSTouch is working and I can control all my devices from my iPhone and iPad.

I disabled (unlinked) my Homeseer skill in Alexa, then re enabled it with the new password. Alexa is still not able to find any of my devices.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Steve Q

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

The only thing I can think of is to make sure JSON is enabled in the network tab. Also disable any firewalls.

HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

When you do the discover process check the HS log for a discover message. If not there, restart HS and check the log to make sure HS connects to myhs ok. It sounds like your HS system is not connected to the myhs server for some reason.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I don't think you're using Android, but if there's an equivalent to the Reverb device for IOS, you could add that as one of your Alexa devices and see if it sees your HS devices.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Alexa has died

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              The only thing I can think of is to make sure JSON is enabled in the network tab. Also disable any firewalls.

JSON is enabled, thanks. No firewalls.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                When you do the discover process check the HS log for a discover message. If not there, restart HS and check the log to make sure HS connects to myhs ok. It sounds like your HS system is not connected to the myhs server for some reason.

Rich, attached are segments of my startup log after a restart. No errors, HS3 connects to myhs, Amazon discovery is showing in the log. Still no devices being discovered by Alexa.

HSTouch is working fine.

About 18 months ago my myhs account had to be reset from your end because it quit communicating with HSTouch. Perhaps something similar is going on between HS3 and Echo?

Steve Q

Comment

Since you are getting the discovery messages, communications is ok. In the Alexa app in the HS smarthome section, are there any previous devices there? If so delete them all and discover again. Makes sure the devices you want discovered have been enabled for voice control in the device properties.

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                  Rich, attached are segments of my startup log after a restart. No errors, HS3 connects to myhs, Amazon discovery is showing in the log. Still no devices being discovered by Alexa.

HSTouch is working fine.

About 18 months ago my myhs account had to be reset from your end because it quit communicating with HSTouch. Perhaps something similar is going on between HS3 and Echo?

Steve Q

Comment

Alexa has died

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                    I don't think you're using Android, but if there's an equivalent to the Reverb device for IOS, you could add that as one of your Alexa devices and see if it sees your HS devices.

Robert

Robert, I have 4 Echo devices; original echo, echo dot 1, echo dot 2, and Echo Tap. I have tried to discover devices with 2 of them; no go.

I also use the Amazon shopping app on my iPhone for voice control of HS3 devices, but as far as I know, it cannot be used to discover HS3 devices.

Thanks, Steve Q

Comment

Since you are getting the discovery messages, communications is ok. In the Alexa app in the HS smarthome section, are there any previous devices there? If so delete them all and discover again. Makes sure the devices you want discovered have been enabled for voice control in the device properties.

I have deleted all the devices several times. There are no HS3 devices showing in the Alexa app. I have disabled and re enabled the HS3 skill several times. I have tried rediscovering 10 or more times from multiple platforms. No devices are found, no error messages appear.

I have 2 Lutron switches and the Lutron skill. The Lutron devices are always discovered and they are working properly with Alexa.

I have 53 HS3 voice enabled devices that were previously working for the last 12 months. None of them are currently discoverable.

IMHO something is broken at your end.

Steve Q

Comment

Note, you can start the discover from the Alexa app. Also, if you more than one, each one will need to be on a different account, otherwise they will all control the same devices.

I have deleted all the devices several times. There are no HS3 devices showing in the Alexa app. I have disabled and re enabled the HS3 skill several times. I have tried rediscovering 10 or more times from multiple platforms. No devices are found, no error messages appear.

I have 2 Lutron switches and the Lutron skill. The Lutron devices are always discovered and they are working properly with Alexa.

I have 53 HS3 voice enabled devices that were previously working for the last 12 months. None of them are currently discoverable.

IMHO something is broken at your end.

Steve Q

Comment

Note, you can start the discover from the Alexa app. Also, if you more than one, each one will need to be on a different account, otherwise they will all control the same devices.

Yes, I have tried starting the discovery from the Alexa app and also by saying "Alexa, discover devices". Neither approach works.

Yes, I want all my echos to control all my devices. They work great that way! A single account is all I need.

Where do we go from here? Can I set up a second myhs account with a different username and password and try it on my test HS3 computer? Or should I try my existing account on my test setup?

Steve Q

Comment

Maybe HS is having a problem with one of your devices, although I would expect an error in the log. On the device management page select all your devices and disable them for voice control. Then enable one for voice control and discover again. See if it finds one device. If so, then you can enter more until it fails.

Yes, I have tried starting the discovery from the Alexa app and also by saying "Alexa, discover devices". Neither approach works.

Yes, I want all my echos to control all my devices. They work great that way! A single account is all I need.

Where do we go from here? Can I set up a second myhs account with a different username and password and try it on my test HS3 computer? Or should I try my existing account on my test setup?

Steve Q

Comment

Alexa has died

Ok, it's easy to disable them all for voice. But how do I know which ones to re enable? I have 307 devices. I will have to manually go through all of them and make a manual list of my 53 voice active devices before I run the disable all. This is a huge task! Is there some way I can get HS3 to list only the voice active devices?

Steve Q

Edit: when you run "Disable Voice", HS3 lists the devices disabled in the HS3 log [emoji3].

Steve Q

Last edited by Steve Q; June 27, 2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X