Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FortrezZ's MIMO Z-wave module BETA test - Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FortrezZ's MIMO Z-wave module BETA test - Works!

FortrezZ's MIMO (Multi Input Multi Output) Z-wave module BETA test

FortrezZ has an exciting new product coming soon to market and is looking for application testers. The MIMO (Multiple Input - Multiple Output) Module is an interface / bridge module, capable of converting up to four digital & analog voltage inputs and/or a Z-Wave RF message input to one or two dry contact relay outputs and/or a Z-Wave RF message output.

A limited quantity of beta MIMO units will be made available to qualified beta testers. Qualified testers will be requested to submit testing results and feedback to FortrezZ for evaluation. FortrezZ will use tester feedback to improve the final MIMO production unit.

Upon the completion of beta testing and once production units become available, testers will be given the option to trade in their beta unit for a production MIMO.

To qualify for a beta unit, please contact Steve Szasz at FortrezZ.
    - Email Steve at Steve@FortrezZ.com
    - In your email include the following:
    - What is your specific application for MIMO. Provide a brief description.
    - What z-wave system(s) are you using, etc. Provide a brief description about your z-wave setup.

If you qualify, you will receive a reply email with a link to purchase the MIMO unit.

Questions? Contact Steve@fortrezz.com
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Has anyone tested this with the Ztroller and HS2?
    regards
    Doug

Comment

Sorry, nope, I'm testing with a Smartstick on an HT2, but I would expect the MIMO to work similarly as it's probably more the HS SW version that will cause any variances.

I am curious though who else is testing the MIMO and what their experiences have been. I haven't heard from Steve in a while so I don't know how the beta testing program is going, what sort of feedback he's received, what changes FortrezZ may make to the MIMO design (if any), and when/if it's slated for production release...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      All Z-Wave 90+, HT S2, HS 2.5.058 & SmartStick
      Any interest in a Mid-Atlantic meet? Voice your opinion in forum - US Regional MAHUG!
      Last edited by Olbrit; September 29, 2012, 10:54 AM.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

And can I presume it's been working ok for you?
        How does it "show up" in the HT? Do you get access to analog values, to set the input thresholds?
        doug

Comment

Hi Doug, below is how it shows up. I'm playing with a specific HVAC project and am only using the binary sensors and switches up to now, so I don't know the answer to your analog question yet. The project is not going too well as I'm having problems, (external to the MIMO), in getting 24VAC converted to 12VDC reliably, but this isn't the MIMO's fault. I also only get a few testing days every 3 months when I'm at the remote project house, so it's going slow.
          Maybe if you email Steve with your questions he can help shed some light on them for you? I am also hoping to see some more Beta Testers chime in on this thread as I will expect others to have done way more testing...

Any interest in a Mid-Atlantic meet? Voice your opinion in forum - US Regional MAHUG!
          Attached Files
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I've been playing around with this in MIMO2 mode (the default). I can't seem to get the sensors (SIG1 and SIG2) to detect the opening/closing of magnetic contact closure devices. I don't have anything hooked to the relays, but they seem to fire when activated from HS. However, I have noticed that if I fire one relay, then fire the other relay, they both then turn off. Not sure if that is by design, or a bug.

Comment

Hmmm..... Oh well. I just ordered one earlier today, so I guess I'll get to join the fun, and I'll report whether I see that behavior too. I do need the relays to work correctly for my application.
              Doug

Comment

Hi,
                I've received this device and included it my network. Only the root device shows up, no children. What am I missing?
                I excluded it, re-included it, and I can rescan it without error. It all seems fine except that I don't have the devices that actually allow me to do stuff.

I'm using a z-troller and HS2.

Where am I being stupid here??
                doug

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running?

Comment

Hi,
                    I'm running 2.5.0.52 which, I think, is the latest.

rgds
                    Doug

Comment

.60 is the latest version and is available here:
                      http://homeseer.com/downloads/

Try that and see if support has been added to this version.

Comment

Sometimes I see recommendations for adding from HS and not the Z-Troller, is that how you added it? What shows in your log when you rescan? I added mine with .52 I believe and it stayed the same up to .58 where I am now, I have not tried .60 yet.

Comment

Hmm. I guess I just presumed .52 was the latest version because the Updater gets that one. Should I consider it the latest "stable" version and the later more experimental? Anyway, the changelog doesn't mention adding support for this device, but I'll try the update this evening anyway.

With regards to adding the node from HS itself, as distinct from using the Ztroller to add it: Well, I just couldn't get that to work. I made sure the device had been removed, and it's status LED flash reflected that, but HS didn't do anything when I pressed the button on the device, until it timed out. (About 4 inches distance).

I added it again with the Ztroller, and scanned it again to get its capabilities. Here's what the log shows:

10/8/2012 8:25:57 AM Z-Wave Contacting node 29 to get supported features
                          10/8/2012 8:25:58 AM Z-Wave Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 29...
                          10/8/2012 8:25:59 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 132=84H (FortrezZ), Type: 1059=423H, ID: 266=10AH
                          10/8/2012 8:25:59 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface (Node 29) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_INSTANCE, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, COMMAND_CLASS_METER_PULSE, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY
                          10/8/2012 8:25:59 AM Z-Wave Z-Wave device 29 version: Lib: 3.34 App: 1.10
                          10/8/2012 8:26:07 AM Z-Wave Device supports 0 groups for associations
                          10/8/2012 8:26:38 AM Z-Wave ********** Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 29 **********

That does sort of look plausibly correct...

What next? I will try .60 tonight, but it seems that it did work with .52 for you, Olbrit...

Doug

Comment

I thought it was a quirk in my system, but maybe not...whenever I Add a new device, HS rarely shows that it found it in the Add Node screen and times out, but it did add it! However, the new device is always there when I do an Import. (Been doing it for years in multiple HS versions, so I just got used to this). For grins it would be interesting to see what happens if you Remove the MIMO Node entirely, reboot and ensure it's gone in HS and ZT, confirm in Who Am I, then Add using HS, ignore the timeouts and then see if it Imports ok?
                            (Yup, I installed MIMO using .52 fine).

Comment

MIMO didn't install correctly for me until I was at 2.5.0.55. There are still some issues in it's operation which could be either HS or MIMO related, so don't get your hopes up during your testing.

Comment

Working...
                              X