No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the HS default is location 1 is room and location 2 is floor. There is an option to swap those in HS and if you do that you will have to speak the floor as the room. We will be adding a check to handle that.

Originally posted by Gunneyk View Post
    OK this is the first place I have seen a reference to Location 1 vs room. In my system I changed the labels a long time ago so I have no clue what they were originally. In the Alexa documentation it says:

light=Device | kitchen=Room | first floor=Floor |on=a button on the device

Here is what my section in the setup looks like.

[ATTACH]50500[/ATTACH]

So am I correct in assuming that Location 1 is what is listed as Room in all the docs. And if so then Location 2 must be what everyone is calling Floor. If this is indeed correct can we have the documentation changed to denote it is really Location1 and 2 since there is not telling what people have changed their configuration to? I am pretty sure this is all correct assumptions but I would rather not make assumptions.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Ok, this should help a little, I managed to find the list of device names and room names that are in the ver 1.0 skill that is live.

Again, we have gone through and added many more to this list, but the 1.1 skill is still in the queue for certification. But you can test with these.

Also, we are working with Amazon to create a skill that allows you to say any word, so no list will be needed. That will solve this problem!

For the rooms, the list is:

kitchen
      dining room
      bedroom
      master bedroom
      living room
      basement
      garage
      outside
      all rooms
      shed
      attic
      hallway
      foray
      bathroom
      guest bedroom
      pantry
      porch
      deck
      pool
      room
      laundry
      family room

For the devices:

light
      lights
      door
      doors
      sensor
      sensors
      garage door
      motion sensor
      outside lights
      outside light
      sprinklers
      partition
      security panel
      lamp
      lamps
      floor lamp
      heat set point
      cool set point
      temperature
      mode
      pool lights
      pump
      pool pump
      sump pump
      coffee machine
      device

As an example to set your heat, name your thermostat heat setpoint device to:

"heat set point"

Now you can say: alexa, tell homeseer to set the heat set point to 65 degrees.

Comment

so far - cautiously optimistic...

Okay so I can get my dining room lights to turn on/off pretty reliably. However thats the only set of lights that I can get to work so far... Does it take a certain amount of time or is there a force refresh after you tweak the floor/room/device names for Echo to pick it up? Ill update post as I continue integration.

Ill keep playing - very excited this is finally available - all in time for us to impress our friends and family at xmas gatherings. Also means I need about 6 more of these echos as stocking stuffers.

Request for future releases:

New Rooms - Shop, Master Path, Kitchen Nook, Hallway, Front Patio, Back Patio, Entry, Laundry Room, Powder Room, Guest Bath, Master Bath, Guest Bathroom, Master Bathroom, Game Room, Play Room

(PS - Who was Golf Simulator Room for? I'm Jealous)
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

I am definitely having some difficulties with certain rooms and devices.

If I set my device floor BLANK, room KITCHEN, device "Fan" I cant get it to detect it. But if I set another device floor BLANK, room KITCHEN, device "Cabinet Lights" this device works fine.

same thing for my Master Bedroom Fan and Lights...

Overall I am finding that anything not listed with "Lights" for a device name included, alexa cant find the device.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
          Okay so I can get my dining room lights to turn on/off pretty reliably. However thats the only set of lights that I can get to work so far... Does it take a certain amount of time or is there a force refresh after you tweak the floor/room/device names for Echo to pick it up? Ill update post as I continue integration.
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

It will pick up room/device name changes immediately, it always asks for the list before it tries to parse the command.

Ill keep playing - very excited this is finally available - all in time for us to impress our friends and family at xmas gatherings. Also means I need about 6 more of these echos as stocking stuffers.

Request for future releases:

New Rooms - Shop, Master Path, Kitchen Nook, Hallway, Front Patio, Back Patio, Entry, Laundry Room, Powder Room, Guest Bath, Master Bath, Guest Bathroom, Master Bathroom, Game Room, Play Room

(PS - Who was Golf Simulator Room for? I'm Jealous)

Comment

Keep in mind, this version works best with commands like:

turn off the lights in the kitchen

Turn off the kitchen lights probably will not work.

I am definitely having some difficulties with certain rooms and devices.

If I set my device floor BLANK, room KITCHEN, device "Fan" I cant get it to detect it. But if I set another device floor BLANK, room KITCHEN, device "Cabinet Lights" this device works fine.

same thing for my Master Bedroom Fan and Lights...

Overall I am finding that anything not listed with "Lights" for a device name included, alexa cant find the device.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                Keep in mind, this version works best with commands like:

turn off the lights in the kitchen

Turn off the kitchen lights probably will not work.
                You nailed it. This also resolved my "fan" device issues. If I say alexa turn off the fan in the kitchen (or master bedroom), it works great. If I say alexa turn off the kitchen fan it doesnt understand the question.

Thanks much.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                  You can see what Alexa is hearing by checking settings in the app or on the web at http://echo.amazon.com/#settings/dialogs
                  Thank you for that hint. I was looking at the main list of requests in the Echo app and they never showed up. However if I go into Settings - History they are all there. We can't see what is passed to HS or what HS is trying to do or how it resolves it which would be really nice. I can see from the history that Alexa hears my phrases perfectly every time yet HS rarely gets it right. I was trying to get a light in my dining room to work thru the HS / Echo interface. Originally it was named "Dining Room Sconce" which obviously wouldn't work. It's Location was also called Dining Room. So I changed the device name to just Sconce and when I said "Alexa tell HomeSeer to turn on the Sconce in the Dining Room" she did and reported back that she turned on the Sconce in the Dining Room. I thought OK. Unfortunately I tried that exact same phase 6 more times and she states she doesn't recognize that device in my profile. If I look in the history she absolutely hears the word Sconce and that it is in the Dining Room. So I don't get it. Yes I can change the name to Light instead of Sconce but I have two issues with that. One is that I have another "Light" in the dining room so this idea of simplifying all the names hits a brick wall pretty quickly. Second, if Alexa and HS can get it right once why can't it do it repeatedly? Again I know Alexa is hearing it correctly so why can't HS do the proper thing each time? But anyway thanks for the tip about the history in the settings.

Comment

I can tell you no one was sadder or more surprised than me the old thread got deleted(big whoops..., huge...)..., all the instructions I wrote out for letting a user build his own skill and linking it to our echo interface were in there.

On the upside, we get to continue the conversation fresh.
                    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                      Is this why the 3rd party Echo integration threads were deleted? I thought HS didn't delete threads, or so I had been told. At least they should have been kept, but then the titles could have been updated to reflect they were threads about 3rd party integration, rather than HS native integration. I am not sure I buy that they were removed due to spam removals. Why would whole, long threads be deleted over handful of spam posts?

Otherwise, great for HS.

Also, it would be nice to be able to call Homeseer something custom, rather than calling it "Homeseer" during the verbal commands, in case someone has named their home automation something specific. Is that possible?
                      I have never known HST to delete threads, except of when Rupp gets over excited and managed to delete all Jonn00's threads, however that was a genuine mistake and they were re-instated from backup.

I believe all BBS systems automatically have a clean out automatically unless there is an archiving system - otherwise they would simply run out of space. However, for a complete thread to vanish I would ask the creator of the thread if he removed it.
                      sigpic
                      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have an event called lights, that is manually triggered. I've verified that myhs is connected through my iphone app, but when do the phrases below it doesn't work. Granted I am saying run the event lights. It can't find the device,

Run The Event {Event}
                        "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Run The Event All Lights Off"
                        Run The {Event} Event
                        "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Run The All Lights Off Event"

After testing more, the first option doesn't work, and the 2nd one runs sometimes, and I stress sometimes. I've tried talking fast, slow, speaking more clear with no luck.

Setup iftt and it works perfect, looks like this will be my solution for the time being I would love only to connect to homeseer, and not go through a 3rd party.
                        Last edited by afmiller; December 12, 2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by afmiller View Post
                          I have an event called lights, that is manually triggered. I've verified that myhs is connected through my iphone app, but when do the phrases below it doesn't work. ....

Setup iftt and it works perfect, looks like this will be my solution for the time being I would love only to connect to homeseer, and not go through a 3rd party.
                          Dittos.

Elliott
                          "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                          "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I have an event called lights, that is manually triggered. I've verified that myhs is connected through my iphone app, but when do the phrases below it doesn't work. Granted I am saying run the event lights. It can't find the device,

Run The Event {Event}
                            "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Run The Event All Lights Off"
                            Run The {Event} Event
                            "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to Run The All Lights Off Event"

After testing more, the first option doesn't work, and the 2nd one runs sometimes, and I stress sometimes. I've tried talking fast, slow, speaking more clear with no luck.

Ditto times three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would love only to connect to homeseer, and not go through a 3rd party.
                              You should try Spud Kinect plugin. This will only interact with HS thru VR. It is very accurate.....
                              Hector
                              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
                                Ditto times three
                                I wonder if IFTTT has an API for setting up triggers. Now that I finished adding automatic configuration of the Alexa HA Bridge for local lighting control, I am wondering if I can do something similar and script up pushing events automatically to IFTTT for people who'd rather use that service than the official or my unofficial Skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X