No announcement yet.

Firmware for HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's close. hang in there. We'll post to this thread when we release it.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
      Will it also have the option to leave the bottom LED on at all times?
      No, it won't have this option. sorry.

Comment

Firmware is up on the download page, anyone try it yet?

Comment

New HS-WD100+ wall dimmer firmware posted: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182206

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            New HS-WD100+ wall dimmer firmware posted: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182206
            Thank you!

Comment

No, it won't have this option. sorry.

How hard would it have been to add this little feature???? I have 14 of these dimmers now and about 20 other dimmers. All the other ones have their LED on when the lights are off, except these. Did you guys just decide not to add that or is it technically impossible to add?

I'm definitely disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                Firmware is up on the download page, anyone try it yet?
                I put it on 5 dimmers and they work great. It is nice to have a remote ramp rate.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I agree. I have it on 3 dimmers and the ramp rate is working awesome now.

It takes a really long time to upload, so be patient. I noticed I had better success if I left the lights on when I uploaded the firmware (sounds weird but I would get failures if the lights were off) and it's also an indicator that its completed as the light switch resets itself and the lights go off.

Comment

How hard would it have been to add this little feature???? I have 14 of these dimmers now and about 20 other dimmers. All the other ones have their LED on when the lights are off, except these.
                    We already support this feature in the wall switch but I don't believe there are any Z-Wave dimmers with multi-segment indicator displays that can be programmed to do this. You can't do it with the Cooper or Leviton dimmers, for example. That said, you can probably do this yourself by adding an extra event for each switch that dims the switch to 1% when the switch is turned off. Have you tried that? A 1% setting will light the bottom LED and (in most cases), it's not enough juice to power most bulbs (even incandescent ones). I tried it in my office and it works just fine... takes about 2 seconds to trigger. I'll post a screen shot of the event below.

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                    I agree. I have it on 3 dimmers and the ramp rate is working awesome now.

It takes a really long time to upload, so be patient. I noticed I had better success if I left the lights on when I uploaded the firmware (sounds weird but I would get failures if the lights were off) and it's also an indicator that its completed as the light switch resets itself and the lights go off.
                    Yes, it takes 5-10 minutes per dimmer to install. This is normal.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Edit: You are correct on the multi segment LED... I should read all the way thru

Mark, just an FYI, the GE Jasco dimmers (which the HS models after) do have an LED so you can find them in the dark (or convert it to be on when the light is on).

https://byjasco.com/products/ge-z-wa...l-smart-dimmer

Comment

The Leviton dimmers I have also have the LED on when the dimmer is off...

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                          Edit: You are correct on the multi segment LED... I should read all the way thru

Mark, just an FYI, the GE Jasco dimmers (which the HS models after) do have an LED so you can find them in the dark (or convert it to be on when the light is on).

https://byjasco.com/products/ge-z-wa...l-smart-dimmer
                          Wayne, this is what I wrote: "I don't believe there are any Z-Wave dimmers with multi-segment indicator displays..." The Jasco dimmer doesn't have a multi-segment display. That's what makes ours a bit more complicated to manage.

Nonetheless, as I indicated.. you can achieve what you want by adding an event. I whipped together a little video to show how it works:

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                            The Leviton dimmers I have also have the LED on when the dimmer is off...

Cheers
                            Al
                            Really? They didn't when we carried them here but that was probably 4 years ago, give or take. The Coopers definitely don't behave that way.

Comment

Wayne, this is what I wrote: "I don't believe there are any Z-Wave dimmers with multi-segment indicator displays..." The Jasco dimmer doesn't have a multi-segment display. That's what makes ours a bit more complicated to manage.

Nonetheless, as I indicated.. you can achieve what you want by adding an event. I whipped together a little video to show how it works:
                              Hi Marc,

I tried that a while a go when we were talking about ways to make this work, but then every time I want to turn on the light, I would have to hold the On button all the way, because the last dim level was always set to 1%. So then, I setup another Event to always set the single On tap to 100%, which is not perfect, but acceptable... However, another thing that breaks is the status presentation in apps like ImperiHome. ImperiHome thinks the device is on when it's set to 1%. So, then I started messing with the Status Graphics and values and whatnot, but so far I haven't been able to get it to fully behave the way it should, and even if I finally do, I would have to do it individually for all of these 14 dimmers I have. It's just not practical...

Would it be that difficult for you guys to just add that feature in the firmware? How hard could it be to add a few lines of code in the firmware to say if the light is off, leave the bottom LED on?

Pretty much every other dimmer has that option, and so do your own switches. Even if it's just for the sake of consistency, you guys should add it to the dimmers too

Comment

Hi Marc,
                                I tried that a while a go when we were talking about ways to make this work, but then every time I want to turn on the light, I would have to hold the On button all the way, because the last dim level was always set to 1%. So then, I setup another Event to always set the single On tap to 100%, which is not perfect, but acceptable... However, another thing that breaks is the status presentation in apps like ImperiHome. ImperiHome thinks the device is on when it's set to 1%. So, then I started messing with the Status Graphics and values and whatnot, but so far I haven't been able to get it to fully behave the way it should, and even if I finally do, I would have to do it individually for all of these 14 dimmers I have. It's just not practical...
                                +1 these are valid issues with running it as a scene and leaving the switch on at 1% all time to keep the LED on.

Comment

Working...
                                X