GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

Before the latest (and greatest) firmware update (85114) I could tell Google Home to "Tell Harmony to turn on TV" and it would. The same with HomeSeer. I could use "Tell" now only responds to "Ask".

Now when I use "Tell" she respond with "Sorry I don't know how to help with that."

I was looking back on some online information and Ask/Tell was used interchangeable.

The problem is we all leaned to use Ask/Tell and most of the family used Tell so we have yet another learning curve.

I feel sure it was and over sight of the Google Engineers...

Re: GH not reponding to "Tell" after firmware update

jimbrandon,

Right about the time I started realizing the differences between how GH responds when using either ask or tell I noticed it stopped responding as well.
    {"Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn on the desk lamp." I get "That command was not found on the device". It will accept "Ok, Google ask HomeSeer to turn the desk lamp on." However, if I say, "Ok, Google tell HomeSeer to turn on the lamp." It accepts it.}
    It also happened close to when they released Multi-user access. If I remember correctly a few hours after I turned multi-user on it stopped accepting the "tell" command.

You mentioned the firmware 85114 - I also confirmed I am on that firmware. I tried searching for some type of release notes - couldn't come up with any - have you run across any release notes for GH Firmware?

Comment

Well, GH this morning is responding to Tell...

Comment

Working...
      X