This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keylink

In 6 Button or 8 Button Dual-Band KeypadLinc Dimmer or Switch there is a missing command from the drop down list under Button Mode. There is Toggle,
    Non-Toggle On, but the Non-Toggle Off is Missing!

What I would like to have happen is when Button C is Pressed Toggle Fan On,
    then when Button D is Pressed Toggle Fan Off and sync button led's, and the device. I can get Buttons to Toggle on and off correctly when I set Button C and Button D to Toggle and both buttons to Radio Group 1. Then when I add the link I do not cross link I just Link Button-C to on and Button-D to Off, and it works. But when I turn on Button-D via HS3 Device Management the Button D turns On but does not toggle Button C Off, it leaves it on.

Under Firmware Version:43 (7.3) does not have Non-Toggle Off, but it only has these two settings under (Button Mode, Button Groups), HS Control is missing.

Under Firmware Version:41 (6.9) does have the Non-Toggle Off, but it also has these three settings under (Button Mode, HS Control, Button Groups)

The plugin version is 3.0.6.0.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?
    Joe.
    Attached Files

Joe.

Non toggle off is not supported on the latest kpls

You can use non toggle on and set the responders to an off value.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Missing Items in Device Management HS3

I upgraded to 3.0.6.14 before I read your post, to see if that made a difference.
      Now in hs3 view device management only Buttons B,C D show up.
      Missing Button A and On/Off for Local Load. So I deleted the device and rolled back to 3.0.6.0. Restarted HS3 and added the Device back in and still missing Load On/Off and Button A in hs3 view device management.

Also I ordered a brand new device just to make sure it was not my key pad link.

See Attached Images.
      Attached Files

Comment

add RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section in the insteon.ini and restart the plugin. this should recreate the missing hs devices
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

That did fix the key pad in HS3, but I am still having an issue.
          Button A is set to turn ON Test Device, Button B is set to turn OFF Test Device.
          Not Crossed Link, just Linked as responder both buttons are set as Toggle ON.
          See attached Picture. When we press Button A the Device Turns On and Button A lights up. When we Press Button B the Device Turns Off. HS3 Device Management Shows the states of the Device Changing correctly and the Key Pad Link and the device work correctly. But when I try to control the buttons from HS3 under the Device Management all the States change correctly, but the key pad link fails to work correctly. If the Device is off and Button B is lit, when we Click ON in the Device Management, the device turns on, Button A turns on or is lit, but Button B stays Lit or On. But the Device Management View shows the correct status. I am also including a picture of the log.
          Now I do hear beeps like there was an issue but not sure what it is.

I did switch back 3.0.6.0 of the software and you can see the attached images for firmware level of attached devices.

Can you help?

Joe.
          Attached Files

Comment

Key Pad Link Issues...

Mark,

Tomorrow I plan to run test right off the same circuit as HS3 and kill the rest of the house, to test for noise. Would it be better to change the Interface to network version? Might that be any faster?

Joe.

Comment

I see you are using the 'trigger group' setting with the kpl plugin settings. that may not be supported with current KPLs
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by JRomstadt View Post
                Mark,

Tomorrow I plan to run test right off the same circuit as HS3 and kill the rest of the house, to test for noise. Would it be better to change the Interface to network version? Might that be any faster?

Joe.
                don't change interfaces for this. the PLMs are faster anyways
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Keypad link

After 7.0 they are triggers don't show up at least in the interface.
                  What would be the work around?

Comment

All I want to do is have button A turn on Device X, then Button B turn off Device X. That works fine when I press Button A or B. The problem is to turn Device X on or off via HS3 and have the correct Buttons A/B light up, that's the real issue. If I cross link the keypad link with Device X, works great by hand but when one turns off Device X by hand the correct buttons don't light up also!

Joe

Comment

All I want to do is have button A turn on Device X, then Button B turn off Device X. That works fine when I press Button A or B. The problem is to turn Device X on or off via HS3 and have the correct Buttons A/B light up, that's the real issue. If I cross link the keypad link with Device X, works great by hand but when one turns off Device X by hand the correct buttons don't light up also!

Joe
                      change the 'trigger group' setting back to hs control and post a detailed hs log snippet of yoru attempt to turn a or b on via the dev mgmt. page
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

After 7.0 they are triggers don't show up at least in the interface.
                        What would be the work around?
                        I don't following this comment
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Keypad link

What it really looks like is some part of the plugin or HS3 is not respecting the Group1 flag on Button A and B. Because when devices are crossed linked, and Device X is tripped by hand Button A lights up and Device X goes on. But if Device X is switched off by hand, Device X goes off, Button A goes Off but Button B never is lit again until one press Button B on key pad. I think it has something to do with sending off command and having Button B light up. Or it is a mix of the Group1 setting with a button being light via an off command.

Joe

Comment

Keypad link

once the keypad link reaches firmware 7.3 the Trigger/On-Off option for the keypad link is not displayed. With firmware 6.9 that I used earlier in the option shows up. I have tried keypad links from 6.9, 7.1, 7.3 and 7.8. Tomorrow before I try the power I will go back to 6.9 and change HS3 from trigger to on/off.

Joe

Comment

keypad link.

Tried Firmware 6.9 and used HS on/off works like before Button A and Button B light up and turn Device on and off ok. But when I turn on Device X by hand Button A lights up and Device X goes on. But when I then off Device X by hand Device X turns off Button A goes off but Button B fails to light .

Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X