Upgrading a Zee S2 to use a RaspberryPi 3 B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading a Zee S2 to use a RaspberryPi 3 B

Don't know when HomeSeer will upgrade the Zee S2 to run on a RaspberryPi 3 B I've got a question.

Has anyone taken the Z-Wave card off the Zee S2s RaspberryPi 2 B and put it on the RaspberryPi 3 B along with the SD card? Unless the copy of the OS is quite old it should be able to ID the WiFi interface to one can connect up using WiFI without adding a dongle. Plus the extra speed should hurt.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Don't know when HomeSeer will upgrade the Zee S2 to run on a RaspberryPi 3 B I've got a question.

Has anyone taken the Z-Wave card off the Zee S2s RaspberryPi 2 B and put it on the RaspberryPi 3 B along with the SD card? Unless the copy of the OS is quite old it should be able to ID the WiFi interface to one can connect up using WiFI without adding a dongle. Plus the extra speed should hurt.
    I haven't tried this personally but you should be able to make a bootable image of your S2 SD card and copy it to another one to try it. As far as I know the expansion header is compatible and the software should work fine.

Comment

The Zee S2 image should be rpi3 ready. The Linux release needs to be 4 or greater. To verify, issue command 'uname -r'
      Code:
      $ uname -r
      4.9.24-v7+
      Also verify the pi3-miniuart-bt overlay is in place:
      Code:
      $ grep dtoverlay /boot/config.txt
      #dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
      dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
      If you don't see the line "dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt", you'll need to add that to the end of the /boot/config.txt file. You can add a comment as well if you wish

Code:
      # switch bluetooth function to ttyS0 and restore UART0/ttyAMA0 over GPIO 14&15
      dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
      Last edited by zwolfpack; June 26, 2017, 09:57 AM. Reason: correct Linux release info

Comment

Working...
      X