HS-WD100+: Flickers | Cycles | Goes to 5 of 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+: Flickers | Cycles | Goes to 5 of 7

My recent install of the HS-WD100+ dimmer in a circuit with 2 lightbulbs has left me scratching my head. The two bulbs are different: one is LED and the other halogen, which may already be a problem. I haven't tested that. The behavior I'm getting is this:

1) If the dimmer is in the range of, say, 20 percent to 50 percent -- 1 to 4 bars on the LED indicator -- the bulbs will flicker.

2) If I maximize the dimmer power, it will immediately start back at zero and then ramp up to LED 5 of 7. In some cases, it will go into a loop where it marches up to 7, back to 1, up to 7, etc.

3) If I put the dimmer on the 5th LED, it will be stable, but then the lights are only partially lit. If I try to go beyond 5, it launches into the weirdness in (2).

I've been able to repeat this behavior more or less using a SmartThings hub and the included apps. I don't know what firmware is installed in the dimmer, though I may need to update that.

Any tips?

Thanks.

--Brent

Originally posted by BJToepper View Post
    Any tips?
    Yes, try some different bulbs! We put a chart together about a year ago that compared dimming behaviors of different bulbs... flickering can vary quite a bit!
    LED Bulb Comparison

Also, installing a load resistor can help smooth flicking issues out. I've tested this one myself with some success: https://www.amazon.com/PCS-Load-Resi.../dp/B01ES0AYU8
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Yes, try some different bulbs! We put a chart together about a year ago that compared dimming behaviors of different bulbs... flickering can vary quite a bit!
      LED Bulb Comparison

Also, installing a load resistor can help smooth flicking issues out. I've tested this one myself with some success: https://www.amazon.com/PCS-Load-Resi.../dp/B01ES0AYU8
      how is the load resistor wired? in series on the hot side? or is it the the load capacitors that go at the fixture in parallel?

Comment

or like the diagram?

Comment

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post
          or like the diagram?
          yes, just like that.... load to neutral.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X