Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to previous status, Speech Announcements

Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some help. I don't know exactly where to post this, but I would like to have an event or script which turns all the relays on my 16 channel relay board on, makes a speech announcement via TTS, and then returns the relays to their previous state. I know it had been mentioned before, but I wasn't able to find exactly what I'm looking for. Each relay has its own device that I can reference.

Originally posted by Tfernandezw View Post
    Hi All,

I was wondering if I could get some help. I don't know exactly where to post this, but I would like to have an event or script which turns all the relays on my 16 channel relay board on, makes a speech announcement via TTS, and then returns the relays to their previous state. I know it had been mentioned before, but I wasn't able to find exactly what I'm looking for. Each relay has its own device that I can reference.
    An event would work just fine.

Edit: Rereading your question I guess the problem you have is "returning to previous state" and knowing what that is?

Comment

Exactly, I need something to remember the previous state. Because some will stay on, while others will go back to off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly, I need something to remember the previous state. Because some will stay on, while others will go back to off.

Someone much smarter then me I'm sure will have an easy answer but the way I know it would work is separate events for each of the 16 channels (which seems like can be done by someone smarter then me with maybe one script).

You can run a an event check the status and only turn on if its not already on. The turn off after a manual delay. This way it would only flip back off if it wasn't already on. If it was on the event for that channel wouldn't run and it would just stay on the whole time. Making one event then copying it would be fairly quick and I know it would work, but I agree there is probley a easier way just over my head.

Comment

While I feel that works, I'm using LMS actions to trigger the event when there is a TTS speech and then when it's done talking then trigger it back. I'm worried with so many events that the messages will get cut as it will cycle through all the events, turn each relay on one by one and then go back though it again. I'd like to have all the relays that need to be turned on turn on at the same time, if possible, to limit the amount of time.

Comment

While I feel that works, I'm using LMS actions to trigger the event when there is a TTS speech and then when it's done talking then trigger it back. I'm worried with so many events that the messages will get cut as it will cycle through all the events, turn each relay on one by one and then go back though it again. I'd like to have all the relays that need to be turned on turn on at the same time, if possible, to limit the amount of time.

I'm sure there is a better way just wait for it, but doubt you will see a time delay. Also a very small delay is going to exist no matter what as each command to the relay will be separate anyways. Your talking milliseconds though.

Just hold out for a better option or test for now anyways.

Comment

I did something similar for a while in HS2, but for just 8 zones. I created an extra device for each zone and stored the current state in the device string (on/off, source, volume). Whenever a zone changed state, I ran an event to update the string. When a TTS event was triggered it would run a script that would switch the affected zones, speak the text, play a wav file, etc., then reset the zones to the stored states in the appropriate status device strings. I had to fiddle with short delays to accommodate the physical switching time for the amp, but eventually got it to work fairly reliably.

At its core, this is just a bookkeeping problem, but it's daunting for 16 zones. Blade has a plug-in (BLSpeech) that will do this for select audio sources, but I do not believe it has the ability to link to a generic setup. It might be worth a try to inquire though.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
              X