First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Alert ZCOMBO-G

I have the same zee2. I have never had them show up in the log. My events catch alarms though. I am still on .107 though.

Comment

I definitely had them in the log since I remember searching for the text "heartbeat" and seeing it highlighted. But if you don't have them in the log, I wonder where your event gets its info from. To me, this just got stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        I definitely had them in the log since I remember searching for the text "heartbeat" and seeing it highlighted. But if you don't have them in the log, I wonder where your event gets its info from. To me, this just got stranger.
        Yes. It has always been strange to me that the log doesn't show it but events catch it. I see them in my log now because my event shows in the log. . .but not other than that.

Comment

Hmm, I've had the event disabled for some time now and the word heartbeat definitely hasn't appeared. I just re-enabled the events and I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

Comment

Mine broke!

Yesterday my unit went into "Smoke Alarm" mode! The events fired as programmed, all the lights in the house turned on, I received continuous text alerts and my HSTouch clients spoke the alerts too. Only problem was... there was no smoke in the house! After a bit of troubleshooting, resetting the batteries, etc.. the smoke alert kept coming back. I took the unit outside and eventually brought it into work to test. Still stuck in smoke mode. Clearly went defective on me.

I installed a replacement unit last night and that was not a snap! I forgot how difficult these are to pair. Anyway... eventually got it installed and all is well again. My heartbeat interval is now 1:07:21 give or take a couple of seconds. That's about 7 minutes longer than the old unit.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have one of these. All that shows is the battery and the heatbeat. Are these the only two that show up normally. thanks

Comment

Have you guys been able to get updated battery info from the ZCOMBO?
                I've been trying for days but havent been getting any feedback, setup polling and get nothing.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Integraoligist View Post
                  Have you guys been able to get updated battery info from the ZCOMBO?
                  I've been trying for days but havent been getting any feedback, setup polling and get nothing.

Thoughts?
                  Click on the battery device and make sure the checkbox is unchecked to "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:"

It's possible the device is sending the same value (i.e. 100%) and if that checkbox is checked, you will not get an updated time.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I've got 4 of them that all report battery. Though I did have one the other night that started chirping about a low battery, but with no indication on the zwave side. Battery level was 77%. Changed the batteries and it stopped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed, batteries last forever. I have 5 of them (use SDJ-Health since it gives a quick overview of my 13 battery devices). As long as you are getting "Heatbeat Acknowledged" you're good.

My first unit over a year old is still at 87% so I assume battery life is about two years. We'll see.

I suppose an event could be written to provide a heads up before a unit starts chirping.

Comment

Originally posted by epimetheus View Post
                        I've got 4 of them that all report battery. Though I did have one the other night that started chirping about a low battery, but with no indication on the zwave side. Battery level was 77%. Changed the batteries and it stopped.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        This is about the level they start chirping at. I've got two which I've had for a couple of years - gone through battery replacement with both and discovered that this value is about when the chirping happens - not ~0%.

Robert
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          Click on the battery device and make sure the checkbox is unchecked to "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:"

It's possible the device is sending the same value (i.e. 100%) and if that checkbox is checked, you will not get an updated time.

Comment

Unfortunately Z-Wave devices battery reporting isn't the most accurately reported value. My locks rarely change and then when they do they are low enough to require a battery change.

Comment

Do they make the ZCombo-G in a hard-wired version?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                                Do they make the ZCombo-G in a hard-wired version?
                                First Alert sells a hard-wired detector and a module that can be used between the detector and a Z-Wave device (like Aeon makes). I replaced an old hard wired detector and it’s great not to have to replace batteries!

EDIT: I meant BRK, not First Alert
                                Last edited by randman; January 5, 2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X