No announcement yet.

LED light and switch with no neutral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring two pieces of plywood up there with you to crawl on. One to crawl on and one to put in front of you when you get to the end of the first. The leap frog them. It sucks but makes it much easier than trying to keep perched on 16" spaced joists. You'll be even more unhappy about working in the attic when you put your foot through the ceiling into the bathroom..........

Yeah. I've been there...........
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      Bring two pieces of plywood up there with you to crawl on. One to crawl on and one to put in front of you when you get to the end of the first. The leap frog them. It sucks but makes it much easier than trying to keep perched on 16" spaced joists. You'll be even more unhappy about working in the attic when you put your foot through the ceiling into the bathroom..........

Yeah. I've been there...........
      I actually have more than one. I go up there a lot so I'm putting in some paths to common areas I may go. I had the hd cut up some 3/4" ply for this. The pitch is so bad that I still have a hard time getting to the outside walls. The nails coming through the sheeting don't help either. I've stabbed myself in the head more times than I can count...Lol.

And yet my mom's house is worse. I'm glad I never have to go up there again....lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I actually have more than one. I go up there a lot so I'm putting in some paths to common areas I may go. I had the hd cut up some 3/4" ply for this. The pitch is so bad that I still have a hard time getting to the outside walls. The nails coming through the sheeting don't help either. I've stabbed myself in the head more times than I can count...Lol.

And yet my mom's house is worse. I'm glad I never have to go up there again....lol

This is a very nice neat setup. Any chance you could give us a walk through on these boxes and plates and how you are using them with your UPS(?). I don't recall seeing color coded plates like that on the NA market.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wall plates.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1190420

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
          This is a very nice neat setup. Any chance you could give us a walk through on these boxes and plates and how you are using them with your UPS(?). I don't recall seeing color coded plates like that on the NA market.

[ATTACH]60445[/ATTACH]
          I actually painted them myself. The power inlets you can unscrew from the recessed part making painting them easy. For the outlets I plugged the holes with thin cardboard so paint wouldn't get in them then painted them. They scratch pretty easily, but it doesn't much matter.

I have thread over at avsforum about my equipment room: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-hom...1470115?page=1

edit: you might want to follow the above link in a desktop/laptop browser. On my phone in both Tapatalk and the mobile browser, the images didn't show for some reason.
          Last edited by sirmeili; April 3, 2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X