X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mediatech View Post
    Hi Mark,
    First...Thank you so much for your help. I know you probably are hammered with tech support issues here on the forum so I appreciate your time. Second, I just got back in town & hope to play with this tonight. Short answer is "no progress", because starting with the PLM, the only way I knew to get it recognized was with the HS Insteon plugin, not yours. My understanding is that I need to delete that instantiation of the PLM as well as the HS Insteon plugin, which I have done. So....now comes how to take what you told me about Unix/Linux commands and implement. Without being fatalistic, I was hoping for a slightly more user friendly UI to achieve this as the command line is not my strong suit. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be a substantial user base of OSX users w my idiosyncratic setup I.e. 2413U and H3 Zee S2 trying to chat with an Insteon 2466 wall switch. In short order I'm going to call it because of the time involved in getting a silly light to turn on. Might be more cost effective to replace my existing wall switch w a Zwave unit. Sorry for the long response but I'm trying to avoid wasting anymore time on this.....unless we can put out a clarion call to any established OSX users here on the forum.
    based on your screen shot of the hsinsteon setup looks like /dev/ttyUSB0 is what you need to enter into my plugin as the Interface. its not really a com port, its the usb port reference. this is what makes Linux a little more difficult to setup.

good luck with your project.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark Sandler Insteon: OSX Port

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      based on your screen shot of the hsinsteon setup looks like /dev/ttyUSB0 is what you need to enter into my plugin as the Interface. its not really a com port, its the usb port reference. this is what makes Linux a little more difficult to setup.

good luck with your project.
      Hi Mark,
      I'm back! Ok, purchased your plugin. Copied /dev/tty/USB0 into "Interface Port" area for your plugin. I figured that is the most logical path as that is where my two Insteon devices that were "seen" by the freebie Insteon plugin came up. I have disabled that free one so that there isn't any potential conflict. Even after pointing to the where I believe the PLM is located, I'm getting:

"** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in."

And on the "Installed Plugins area" next to your plug I'm getting :

Plugin COMPort Vers update License
      Insteon N/A 3.0.6.0 N/A Licensed (License ID 101872)

Plug in status
      "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS"

I've already done a factory reset of the PLM. No change. I've restarted the plugin and restarted HS. Buptkis....

I believe I need to get your plugin to "see" the PLM first before anything else can happen. Now just to make sure I've got this right, the 2413U USB connection is going into the HS Zee 2 and NOT my Mac tower, right?

I have "Detailed Debugging" enabled and clicked to generate a report but I don't know where the following is located in OSX: "A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'Insteon Error report.log'."

Comment

Hi Mark,
        I'm back! Ok, purchased your plugin. Copied /dev/tty/USB0 into "Interface Port" area for your plugin. I figured that is the most logical path as that is where my two Insteon devices that were "seen" by the freebie Insteon plugin came up. I have disabled that free one so that there isn't any potential conflict. Even after pointing to the where I believe the PLM is located, I'm getting:

"** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***Please make sure the interface is configured correctly and restart the plug-in."

And on the "Installed Plugins area" next to your plug I'm getting :

Plugin COMPort Vers update License
        Insteon N/A 3.0.6.0 N/A Licensed (License ID 101872)

Plug in status
        "WARNING: Please check the Interface and enter the Interface Port information on the Config page and restart HS"

I've already done a factory reset of the PLM. No change. I've restarted the plugin and restarted HS. Buptkis....

I believe I need to get your plugin to "see" the PLM first before anything else can happen. Now just to make sure I've got this right, the 2413U USB connection is going into the HS Zee 2 and NOT my Mac tower, right?

I have "Detailed Debugging" enabled and clicked to generate a report but I don't know where the following is located in OSX: "A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'Insteon Error report.log'."
        try one of the followings as the port depending on your setup

/dev/ttyS0 is COM1
        /dev/ttyS1 is COM2
        /dev/ttyUSB0 is USB
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

try one of the followings as the port depending on your setup

/dev/ttyS0 is COM1
          /dev/ttyS1 is COM2
          /dev/ttyUSB0 is USB

Aye, aye cap'n. I'll give those other /dev options a try. Also, for future reference where is this [ 'the HomeSeer config directory'] located in OSX? It might become helpful in the future if i have to send a log file:

"A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'Insteon Error report.log'."

Is anyone out there running OSX with HomeSeer, the 2413U PLM, besides me? Surely someone has run into this IF they are out there....

Comment

Aye, aye cap'n. I'll give those other /dev options a try. Also, for future reference where is this [ 'the HomeSeer config directory'] located in OSX? It might become helpful in the future if i have to send a log file:

"A report was generated and is located in your HomeSeer config directory as 'Insteon Error report.log'."

Is anyone out there running OSX with HomeSeer, the 2413U PLM, besides me? Surely someone has run into this IF they are out there....
            they are case sensitive as well.

have you found the hs3 directory? the config is a subfolder.

search the entire homeseer forum for osx and see if you get any hits. although you may not be able to search for a 3 letter word. otherwise ask HST directly
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

search the entire homeseer forum for osx and see if you get any hits. although you may not be able to search for a 3 letter word. otherwise ask HST directly
              Mark, you are awesome. thanks for the prompt replies. In the meantime I'll start trying these /dev options. I'm going to get this working if it kills me.

Comment

Insteon Sandler Plugin config: OSX

Bada bing bada boom! I messed up in my syntax! I input: /dev/tty/USB0
                and after carefully reviewing what you sent it should have been /dev/ttyUSB0 so NOW plug in status says "OK"

NOW to see if I can add my other Insteon devices. Onward and upward. Will keep ya posted.

Comment

Insteon Sandler Plugin config: OSX: How To

Hi Mark,
                  Success! except for one Insteon device. I'm not sure if you can tell me if its age that is the problem or what. It works fine manually, so it would be ashamed to toss it. I might try adding a few more Insteon devices to see if its an AC line phase issue or just "too old". In any event i was able to add my 2477HD dimmer just fine. With respect to the problematic 2466SW (0736) switch which will not "add" I get this:

"The Insteon device at 0B.A0.1A did not respond. Please check to make sure the address is correct and that the device is powered-up. The device was not registered. Press the 'Continue' button to continue setting up the plug-in"

I know the address is correct and I've tried 3 times. I'll let you know if I make any progress after adding some more Insteon nodes.

Re: your getting started area here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158129

Comment

Glad to hear things are working.

as for the the problematic 2466SW (0736), enable detailed logging on the plugin config page, and try to add the device again. then post a hs log snippet of the transaction. I need to see if the switch is responding at all
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X