This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwmaq View Post
    I would like the ability to set a time range and have selected devices randomly (turn on 0-100% or off ). This would be for security reasons.
    ex)
    set time range (between 9:00AM and 9:45AM) random devices

kitchen device on 50%.
    living room device 1 on 75%
    living room device 2 on 100%

The devices on sequence would be different each time that the event would run.
    I believe there are other plugins that can do this
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Have a 'global' Inteon special trigger

Hi Mark,

I think I asked this in the past but could not find the posts.

First, context. For any light On for an extended time, I want to dim it after 1 hour (to warn of an impeding Off), then turn it Off 5 minutes later. If there is someone in the room, then that person will likely go to the switch and press to turn it On again; no one in the room, then it's automatically turned Off. I use this logic on about 10 lights.

I would like a special Insteon trigger that would fire when the end result of a local intervention at a switch is that the light's status is On, regardless whether it was because of a normal On, a fast On, a start/stop ramp.

I need to rely on a local intervention at the switch to determine if someone is in the room.

The ideal Insteon trigger for me would be:
      - Transmits an On, Fast On, or Start Ramp up (anything that leaves the light On)
      - Transmits an Off, Fast Off, or Start Ramp down to zero (anything that leaves the light Off)

The alternative is to have a bunch of Or's to address each type of local intervention and multiply hat by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
        Hi Mark,

First, context. For any light On for an extended time, I want to dim it after 1 hour (to warn of an impeding Off), then turn it Off 5 minutes later. If there is someone in the room, then that person will likely go to the switch and press to turn it On again; no one in the room, then it's automatically turned Off. I use this logic on about 10 lights.

I would like a special Insteon trigger that would fire when the end result of a local intervention at a switch is that the light's status is On, regardless whether it was because of a normal On, a fast On, a start/stop ramp.

I need to rely on a local intervention at the switch to determine if someone is in the room.

- Transmits an On, Fast On, or Start Ramp up (anything that leaves the light On)
        - Transmits an Off, Fast Off, or Start Ramp down to zero (anything that leaves the light Off)

The alternative is to have a bunch of Or's to address each type of local intervention and multiply hat by 10.
        Claude,

I do something similar, but use a motion sensor to determine occupancy. so if the lights dim, one just has to retrigger the MS to get the lights back up.

i'll add your request to the wish list
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I do something similar, but just start with the trigger "IF Master Bathroom Ceiling Light has been On for at least 3h, 0m, 0s"
          That captures any on state, regardless of how it got there.

Comment

Mark - Motion sensors are the ultimate presence detector, but the hassle of changing 10 batteries is a turn off. I might look at this in our next home where I'll cable in a 9/12V supply

jono - I started with a similar approach, but I wanted a person present to be able to 'cancel' the shut off when the Dim appears by turning the light On and benefit from another 1 hour delay before Dimming again. Your approach with my requirements would trigger the dimming and later shut Of the light without taking into account a manual intervention at the switch; you then need to get into complementary events that bloat the process.

For each monitored light, I have 2 events:
            Attached Files

Comment

Any change in the possibility of including support of the "Smartenit" EZIO2X4 (5010D)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Grant View Post
                Any change in the possibility of including support of the "Smartenit" EZIO2X4 (5010D)?
                Bill,

it should work already. please start a new thread if you have any issues.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark - Motion sensors are the ultimate presence detector, but the hassle of changing 10 batteries is a turn off. I might look at this in our next home where I'll cable in a 9/12V supply

jono - I started with a similar approach, but I wanted a person present to be able to 'cancel' the shut off when the Dim appears by turning the light On and benefit from another 1 hour delay before Dimming again. Your approach with my requirements would trigger the dimming and later shut Of the light without taking into account a manual intervention at the switch; you then need to get into complementary events that bloat the process.

For each monitored light, I have 2 events:
                  Understood. Since I also use a dimming event to signal the light is about to get turned off, and then a delayed off event, I just have any on or dim event at the switch cancel any delayed action on the switch. Then I have it so the entire dimming followed by off event can only occur once per hour. I believe it gets you close to where you want to be, at least until the new triggers you request are available.

Comment

Device Management Page

It would be nice to have an option to save the list of devices from the Device Management page into a CSV file. I currently do this by importing Web page into Excel, but it requires a lot of manual intervention to remove HTML bloat. Also it would be nice if the comm reliability column were implemented as two columns: one with just the % and the other with (failed out of X). The reason being is that it is nice to be able to sort on comm reliability to find which devices need love first

Actually it would be nice to be able to sort the table on any of the columns via the web page. But I would still like the CSV option as I try to keep historical records.

Comment

Originally posted by bburns View Post
                      It would be nice to have an option to save the list of devices from the Device Management page into a CSV file. I currently do this by importing Web page into Excel, but it requires a lot of manual intervention to remove HTML bloat. Also it would be nice if the comm reliability column were implemented as two columns: one with just the % and the other with (failed out of X). The reason being is that it is nice to be able to sort on comm reliability to find which devices need love first

Actually it would be nice to be able to sort the table on any of the columns via the web page. But I would still like the CSV option as I try to keep historical records.
                      the latest beta has the ability to sort the device table by the various column headings.

what do you do with the exported device list?
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mainly I keep track of whether a device is getting better or worse with respect to comm reliability. It helps me identify if something else is causing a comm problem or whether the device is just slowly degrading.

For instance, I have seen the case where a device was performing poorly in the summer months and okay in the winter months. Turns out I had window AC unit on the same circuit and thus the cause of the issue.

It makes it easier to detect when you add something that Insteon does particularly like a CFL.

I would like to automate saving off the data on a regular basis (like monthly) instead of me doing it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by bburns View Post
                          Mainly I keep track of whether a device is getting better or worse with respect to comm reliability. It helps me identify if something else is causing a comm problem or whether the device is just slowly degrading.

For instance, I have seen the case where a device was performing poorly in the summer months and okay in the winter months. Turns out I had window AC unit on the same circuit and thus the cause of the issue.

It makes it easier to detect when you add something that Insteon does particularly like a CFL.

I would like to automate saving off the data on a regular basis (like monthly) instead of me doing it manually.
                          Mark, I too would find this very valuable. I'm guessing it could be done by having another column on the device page that calculates communication reliability for the last 20 tries. Then one could compare the last 20 tries to the longer term average (since last reset). If a device is communicating worse than the long term average, perhaps it could be presented in red.

Also, I'm wondering if there a is way to trigger an event when the PLM is communicating more poorly than on average? That could be used to alert users to look for changes in their system, or even to trigger a reset to service a PLM that has become "gunked up". I know there are already special triggers for the PLM no longer responding or crashes, which is very useful, but there isn't a trigger for general malaise. Currently I just use a time-based trigger and do a reset every few days.

Comment

Settings Last Read info

On the Insteon Plugin, Edit Insteon Device page for Motion Sensors, I would like to see a "Settings last read timestamp" and maybe even a count of On cmds that have occurred since last read.

This would be useful for me when troubleshooting and setting up Motion Sensors. Something similar to mock up pasted below:

Thank you for your consideration.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by randy_h; March 23, 2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

+1 ... So useful on debugging

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                                the latest beta has the ability to sort the device table by the various column headings.

what do you do with the exported device list?
                                Mark,

I forgot to mention the other thing that I do with my spreadsheets that I think would be really nice to integrate with the manage device page:
                                • Add a field for circuit breaker number - I use this all the time!!! Its also helpful in correlating a failure is related to a circuit. If you could sort the the main device page on this field as well would be awesome.
                                • Another field I have in my spreadsheet is a Notes field where I can write general notes/reminders to myself, such as this inline device is hidden in the crawlspace in the NW corner, or the junction box has 2 hot wires...throw both breakers!!

I think the breaker one would be handy for everyone.

Thanks,
                                B2

Comment

Working...
                                X