Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADIO Connect Problem - Solved!

Gurus,

Just purchased two ADIO-100s. Hooked them directly to a two port usb-serial adapters, no other cables. Usb-serial adapter came up as Com 10 and 11. I configured the ports for no paraity, 9600 baud, 8 bit, no handshake, and 1 stop bit, typical. Checked the dip switches and made sure the ADIO switched were set to off/off to match 9600 baud. I downloaded the ADIO plugin, installed normally, configured the modules for Com 10 and 11. The ADIO plugin loads but then says "unable to read COM 10" and "unable to read COM 11". I tried deleting and reinstalling. So far I have been unable to get HS to communicate with the new units. What am I doing incorrectly?

Maybe the direct connection from the USB-serial to the ADIO is the issue? (Incidentally I know the usb-serial is working as I used it before to connect to Stargate). Maybe I need a null modem cable between the serial port and the ADIO-100. There is a pinout in the installation guide, but it is not very clear. Do I need a special cable?

Thanks,

Leo

Do you have an on board serial port to try a test? Many of these USB to Serial device are hit and miss and may work with one device and not another.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I do have an unused on board Com port, I'll give that a try. I did try a different usb adapter, same brand though.

Comment

I tried using the built in Com 1 to connect to the ADIO, same response. "Unable to read from COM1" after re-configuring everything.

Do I need to cross pins 2 and 3 on the cable? When I look at the pinout in the manual 3 is receive and 2 is transmit. It is the same for the standard computer pinout. It sounds like a typical null modem cable is required? I'll work this angle for now.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Using the Termite program I was able to open the USB-serial port Com 10 that the ADIO-100 is connected to and communicate with it (I did this on Com 1 also to be sure of the same reponses). Following instructions in the instrument manual I typed Z and received the following reponse:

>Z
          Integrity Instruments. Inc Model 232M100 v4.3
          Built on 24-Jan-10 13:02:34
          >

Correct me if I'm wrong but this tells me I have a good connection from my PC to the ADIO-100. Not sure why HomeSeer doesn't see the module. Could it be a version issue, is my ADIO-100 Plugin Version 1.0.0.1 and HS version 2.5.0.52 somehow not compatible with my ADIO v4.3 firmware version? The item was built some time ago (actually nearly 3 years ago (supposedly new from Discount Home Automation)), could it be an older version?

(Incidentally, swapping pins 2 and 3 on the port was not the right direction to go, a straight connection is correct)

Any support will be much appreciated, I'm anxious to start analog/digital interfaceing.

Comment

If you bought these from HomeSeer then you can put in a help desk request using the blue support link above for direct support.

Comment

I'm out of ideas since I think HS and the ADIO-100s can see each other but aren't communicating. I'll put in a request with the help line. If you have any thoughts in the meantime, let me know.

Thanks,

Comment

Same problem

I purchased ADIO-100 2 months ago and was only able to install it yesterday.
                I have the same problem. HS can communicate wit ADIO as I did the same comm test with Hyperterminal and got the same reply from the unit.
                Did you get an answer from the helpdesk ?

Comment

No reply yet, but not expected as it is a holiday. When you get a response from the unit what was your build date and version? I'll post anything I learn.

Comment

Originally posted by ybouchard View Post
                    I purchased ADIO-100 2 months ago and was only able to install it yesterday.
                    I have the same problem. HS can communicate wit ADIO as I did the same comm test with Hyperterminal and got the same reply from the unit.
                    Did you get an answer from the helpdesk ?
                    If you purchased this from HS then I would recommend putting in a help desk request as well. This will ensure more visibility to the issue.

Comment

Nothing from the help desk yet, are they working this week?

Comment

The help desk staff is out this week for the most part. What version of HS are you running? Did the direct connect to serial port not work?

Comment

I managed to get the ADIO to connect using direct Com connection wiring. I was able to communicate with the unit using Termite so I know the wiring is sound (see previous post). I know the connection is good, but HS can't communicate with the unit "unable to read Com10". Since the connection is good, I'm out of ideas as to what the problem could be. Another seer is having the same issue. Could it be a version issue?

Thanks for your interest.

Comment

What version of HS are you running?

Comment

ADIO-100 Plugin Version is 1.0.0.1, HS version 2.5.0.52, ADIO v4.3 firmware version.

Comment

Working...
                              X