No announcement yet.

Qubino z-wave - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the Update. I'm also very happy with them and high energy LED.

Do you have any experience with the Relay switch from Qubino? My initial attempt produced a annoying high frequent noise and I was wondering if the where defected as well as I could not add them to the network.

Comment

Sorry, I still use Fibaro for non-dimmable lights/other stuff.
      Sounds strange, I can't imagine they should make any noise.

Comment

If you have any questions for Qubino, please do not hesitate and contact us on info@qubino.com.
        https://twitter.com/Qubino
        linkedin.com/company/qubino
        https://www.youtube.com/user/QubinoModules

Comment

Originally posted by Qubino View Post
          If you have any questions for Qubino, please do not hesitate and contact us on info@qubino.com.
          https://twitter.com/Qubino
          linkedin.com/company/qubino
          https://www.youtube.com/user/QubinoModules
          Just one observation:

As far as I can tell from the Z-Wave Alliance website, none of the Qubino modules are certified. The absence of any official Z-Wave branding on your website and/or documentation would also lead me to believe that the products are not certified which I'm sure you are aware is against the rules, assuming of course that you are using official Z-Wave SOC's in these devices and making them available for end users to purchase.

Paul..
          Last edited by sooty; December 2, 2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Qubino modules are done according to all z-wave standards, in cooperation with sigma designs and products are in progress of certifications.

Cheers
            Qubino Team

Comment

Qubino modules are done according to all z-wave standards, in cooperation with sigma designs and products are in progress of certifications.
              Please post back when they ARE certified. Then we can officially ask support in HS.

But perhaps it would be better if you talked to HST directly.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I have some of the Aotec widgits, which are a similar form factor, but the qubino looks nicer because it's flatter (important because of limited switch box depth) and because it appears it can also send bytes of digital sensor data, not just a 1-bit on/off z-wave message. Is it called qubino because there's an arduino inside that users can program to send the digital sensor data? That would be very nice indeed.
                Last edited by NeverDie; December 3, 2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Cheers
                  Qubino Team
                  Being in the process of certification is not the same as being certified. According to my interpretation of the Z-Wave Alliance rules, whilst a manufacturer is permitted to purchase a number of SOC's and build devices for testing purposes, these devices should not be offered for sale to end users until certified.

That said, the dimmers look interesting if they are of the trailing edge variety and should be more compatible with LED's than the leading edge Fibaro's. I'm also not that enthused with the quality of the Fibaro modules. I've seen a couple of FGD dimmers with melted casings which can't be a good sign.

I can't see any info on the Qubino web site that says if the devices are Z-Wave +.

Paul..

Comment

As in RIGHT NOW they do not work with HS3. I know a guy that tried.

He also gave me one (as I helped him out), I'll be happy to test it when it's supported by HS.
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Looks like Toby had it working with HS2 (above) almost 6 months ago. Maybe it already works in a similar capacity in HS3, especially if your primary goal is just using them as dimmers.... Toby said above that he was going to test it in HS3. @Toby: How did it test out in HS3?

The qubino website says there is a US version available also. @Qubino: Where can I get some of those?

BTW, is the high frequency noise (audible or electrical?) that Toby reported an issue? Or was it unique to Toby's units? Does the noise only happen during the diming?
                      Last edited by NeverDie; December 3, 2014, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I never got it working with HS3 either. Could not conclude if it was the qubino device or the z-wave plugin, so I did not post a anything. I'm waiting for the z-wave plugin to go out of beta before I give it another test (and hopefully qubino are certified by then).

As to the noise, it was audible. A high frequency sound. Not sure if this was related to my unit only. I'm kinda hoping that's the case as I really like the shape and features of the qubino.

Toby

Comment

All informations on installing module are on the following link. We are here for any additional Questions. Have a nice weekend

http://qubino.com/forgot-close-door/

Comment

Also bought two modules and I must say they do a better job dimming led's compared with the fibaro modules. Works fine in HS2 but power reporting in HS3 doesn't work. Is there anybody who has this working in HS3 ??

Comment

Did you use the AC Bypass with the Fibaro dimmers?

Comment

Apparently Qubino is certified:
                                http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1231

My suggestion is that Qubino themselves contact the HS team, and tell them that customers want Qubino-support in HS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X