CT100 Thermostat reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT100 Thermostat reporting

I am getting queue transmit errors in my log, and it has been suggested to disable all polling, including what I have on the CT100.
    If I disable polling, the only thing I see updated is the temperature.

How can I get the Operating State, for example, to update unless I am polling it?

I am fighting the same issue. It appears that mode, fan mode, and the setpoints will update by themselves. The root, the operating state and the Humidity may need to be polled....

I still have fan mode on one thermostat that refuses to update, so I don't think this is the complete answer. However, if you aren't getting ANY updates... that seems to be a different issue.

I suspect that delete and re-add will be offered as a fix.... sooner or later.
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      I am fighting the same issue. It appears that mode, fan mode, and the setpoints will update by themselves. The root, the operating state and the Humidity may need to be polled....

I still have fan mode on one thermostat that refuses to update, so I don't think this is the complete answer. However, if you aren't getting ANY updates... that seems to be a different issue.

I suspect that delete and re-add will be offered as a fix.... sooner or later.
      Yeah, that's what everyone loves to recommend. Easy answer, huh?

Well, I've done the remove and re-add. And it's on constant power, not batteries, too.

Comment

For me, updating to the latest Z-Wave beta (.216) fixed a lot of issues.

12 hours into the experiment, it seems polling will really screw up the function of the CT100, though the initial advice I received in October said polling was a necessity, since the thermostat would not report.

Either something changed from a software perspective (I know some CT100 issues were addressed) or I got bad advice..... maybe a bit of both.
        Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I did .216 this morning, and still getting the errors.

I will just keep being the squeaky wheel through bugzilla until this is resolved.
          Rather frustrating to see my log filled with these errors.

Comment

This issue has, apparently, been known for quite some time (January of 2014). There are 6 Bugzilla tickets referencing this general issue with CT100s. One ticket, the most serious and marked "major," hasn't been touched since early September. I don't think this is seen as a priority...

My reading of the Bugzilla tickets leads me to believe that Homeseer believes that no polling should be required.... if things were operating properly. However, it also appears that there is some lack of understand or confusion as to how the CT100 was designed to operate.... so there is some uncertainty as to what "operating properly" actually means.
            Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I completely agree with you.
              I have never received a solid answer regarding anything when referencing the CT100.
              It's a great unit, and when I poll it, it works, but I just noticed after several hours now, that even my temperature does not update without polling.

If there is a proper way to "add" this to the network because it's powered, and a proper way to configure it in Homeseer, then I would love for someone to speak up. Until then, I will poll it periodically as I see fit, and I will continue to slam HS for the transmit errors that continue to appear in my log. I have less than 10 nodes online right now, so I should not be experiencing these kinds of issues.

I do like that they finally fixed the humidity bug.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
                I am getting queue transmit errors in my log, and it has been suggested to disable all polling, including what I have on the CT100.
                If I disable polling, the only thing I see updated is the temperature.

How can I get the Operating State, for example, to update unless I am polling it?
                The CT100 will NOT update Fan State and Operating State without polling. It is not a HomeSeer issue it is a 2gig issue. Those two child nodes do not generate anything to the network when they change. All of the other children will report without polling, if it is included correctly. Humidity does report, but only after X% of change and/or time - I'm not sure of the standards, but I know it does report without polling. If you need humidity to report every subtle change it would have to be polled.

In my installation I need operating state, so I poll it very frequently when heat is on. We don't use the thermostats for air conditioning so we don't care about Fan State. I have 8 of them and they all behave the same.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Remember there is no need for a root to be polled in addition to child nodes. Polling the root, by default polls all child nodes.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    Remember there is no need for a root to be polled in addition to child nodes. Polling the root, by default polls all child nodes.
                    OK, this underscores the NEED for documentation. When I first set up HS3 and these thermostats there was no information available, so I hit this board. The first thread I read said polling is mandatory, since the CT100 would not automatically report. Then I got wind that maybe that was not correct. So, last night, I found another thread that said to poll the root every 15 min., the operational state every 2 minutes, and the humidity every 5 minutes.... everything else would report without polling.

Some people are not getting ANY information from the child nodes, without polling. I appear to be getting *some* information from child nodes, but not the same information from every thermostat.

Randy, are you polling your CT100s? If so, how?
                    Last edited by ewkearns; March 30, 2015, 12:09 PM.
                    Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      The CT100 will NOT update Fan State and Operating State without polling. It is not a HomeSeer issue it is a 2gig issue. Those two child nodes do not generate anything to the network when they change. All of the other children will report without polling, if it is included correctly. Humidity does report, but only after X% of change and/or time - I'm not sure of the standards, but I know it does report without polling. If you need humidity to report every subtle change it would have to be polled.

In my installation I need operating state, so I poll it very frequently when heat is on. We don't use the thermostats for air conditioning so we don't care about Fan State. I have 8 of them and they all behave the same.
                      Au contraire! I finally bit the bullet and deleted and reinstalled one of my CT100s. Everything is updating without polling, except FAN MODE, which I believe is broken in HS3. It just refuses to show any information, whatsoever.

I specifically tested operational state and fan state and they report in a timely fashion. I assume this is as expected by Homeseer, since the only polling automatically applied is for the battery state.
                      Home Assistant 2024.3

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Au contraire! I finally bit the bullet and deleted and reinstalled one of my CT100s. Everything is updating without polling, except FAN MODE, which I believe is broken in HS3. It just refuses to show any information, whatsoever.

I specifically tested operational state and fan state and they report in a timely fashion. I assume this is as expected by Homeseer, since the only polling automatically applied is for the battery state.
                        My Operating State and Fan State have never reported. My Fan Mode reports. As I said earlier I don't deal with fans. I have scanned and rescanned, even replaced one of my thermostats last month and none of them have ever reported operating state. Rich has CT100s at the HST office and confirmed that there is no reporting going on. I just excluded, deleted and reincluded/rescanned one of mine and it is still the same. Setpoints, temperature, humidity, mode and fan mode all report without polling, but Fan State and Operating State do not. Maybe yours is a different firmware version or some other magic is taking place. Is yours a different version? Maybe Linear updated them when they acquired 2Gig.
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK disabled my boiler and I set the heating setpoint to 88 degrees through the Device Manager and the thermostat demanded heat, but the operating state stayed at idle. This is the thermostat that I just re-included in the network. Z-Wave V3.0.0.216. I did that just after my last post, ran an errand and came back and it was still showing idle, though it had been heating for 1 hour.

I went to the thermostat and changed the setpoint by 1 degree and the operating state was updated. The operating state also updates when I change the mode at the thermostat.

If I change mode or setpoint through the device manager, the operating state stays at idle. With my back porch set to a heating setpoint of 80 degrees and the actual temperature at 78, the operating state was updated because I changed the setpoint at the thermostat. I used a hair dryer to raise the temperature of the thermostat to the point that it stopped demanding heat. The operating state in Device Manager remained showing Heating. Then I changed the setpoint through the Device Manager to 60 degrees and the operating state remained at Heating. At the thermostat, I changed the setpoint by one degree and the operating state was updated to idle.

The conclusion is that the thermostat will update the operating state with other changes made at the device, but mine do not update it during normal operation. It does not update when the temperature of the room changes to make the thermostat demand heat and it does not update if I change the setpoint remotely to make the thermostat demand heat. Since I log the valve status of each zone and any status updates of the thermostats are logged I can look at the log to see what is happening. I have a back room that has no polling on the thermostat and 30 days of log to look at. There is not one instance where that thermostat reported an operating state update, yet the valve opens and closes many times per day. The rest of the thermostats report operating state changes, but only immediately after being polled.

Comment

So polling is a necessity if you want ALL the data.

Even so, with having less than 10 nodes currently, I should not be getting these errors:

Mar-31 4:31:53 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
                              So polling is a necessity if you want ALL the data.

Even so, with having less than 10 nodes currently, I should not be getting these errors:

Mar-31 4:31:53 PM Z-Wave Error Z-Troller: Error, the Z-Wave API Transmit Queue is not empty after waiting 20 seconds - the interface may be disconnected or not operational (Z-Troller).
                              According to ewkearns his report without polling. That is not true for all 8 of mine.

Your error is a communication error between HomeSeer and your Z-Troller and is not related to polling. How often are you seeing the error? How is your Z-Troller connected?

Comment

Working...
                              X