Qubino Zwave+ Modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino Zwave+ Modules

I thought I'd give some of the new ZWave plus modules from Qubino a try in HS3 as they claim to be certified.
    Experience so far is not brilliant.
    I have tested a Flush 1 Relay plus and a Flush 1D relay plus. I have a Flush 2 Relay plus on the way. The difference between the Flush 1 and the 1D is that the 1D has 'volt-free' contacts, like the Fibaro modules. The 1D also doesn't appear to monitor power, which I hadn't realised until I read the manual properly.
    I am running HS3 3.0.0.194 ZWave 3.0.1.25 and use a UZB1 Zwave plus stick.

Flush 1 plus I haven't been able to successfully include this device into my network. I've include and excluded it a few times with the device within 1m of the controller but HS3 gets stuck and ultimately timesout. It finds the node reports all the supported classes and library versions, retrieves all the association groups (8 No) and then hangs. See attached file 'Qubino Flush 1 Relay.jpg'. It never manages to retrieve any child devices.

Flush 1D plus I fared a little better with this device as it did successfully include and create some child devices. I tried a few re-scans, sometimes it found 3 out of 3 child devices, sometimes it found 4 out of 4.
    See attached file 'Node 52.jpg'.
    No associations were set automatically. Polling intervals were set for all child devices, so need to be removed manually. The child device called 'Goap Switch Binary Node 92 Root Switch Binary 1' successfully controls the relay and instant updates if Input 1 is manually switched.
    Manually switching input 2 doesn't do anything. I added a Group 1 association to Homeseer but still no response to input 2.
    I tried adding other associations to Homeseer with Endpoints, e.g. Group 3 which is supposed to reflect the state of Input 2 but without success. HS3 reports it has successfully added the association but auditing the node only ever shows the Group 1 association. No change in HS3 lack of response to local switching of input 2.
    Also quite worryingly it only sees 3 neighbors, after a few optimizations, whereas a nearby node can see 15.

I'll put in a Bugzilla about this when I have time but I wondered if anybody else has experience of these devices yet. I do have 1 of the previous (not plus) Qubino modules which works OK although I have only ever used input 1. I have stuck to Fibaro in the past because the Qubino devices strangely require the inputs switched by the neutral rather than the live. It's of no consequence if you are just connecting a local switch but if you want to monitor some circuit going live it's no good. The new plus modules have changed to use live as the input switch which makes much more sense.

Steve
    Attached Files

Today's update is that I now have the Flush 1 Relay plus successfully included in the network. Yesterday repeated rescans timed out before creating any child devices. Today first rescan I tried created 7 out of 7 child devices. You've got to love ZWave
    Input 1 and the relay work with instant status (I had to manually create the association of group 1 to Homeseer). Watts are reported. Don't know about accumulated kWh as with only a neon bulb across the output of my test device I may have to wait a long time to see it climb above 0!
    Bad news is I can't get HS3 to recognize any changes to Input 2. I haven't got I3 connected.
    It doesn't seem to be possible to create associations with endpoints to HS for this device. HS reports they are created successfully but auditing the node shows they haven't been created. This appears to be a bug in HS3 and probably prevents use of I2 and I3.
    Worryingly the device only sees 5 neighbors even though it's close to a device that can see 15. Still that's 2 better than I achieved with the 1D yesterday. It is communicating directly with the UBZ1 stick so not really an issue although still surprising.
    Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

I now have one of the Qubino Flush Relay x 2 Plus devices. It was on a long back order, I bought all 3 devices at the same time on a discount offer.
      Similar results to the other new Qubino ZWave Plus devices with HS3.
      They don't appear to support NWI so have to be very close to the controller to include.
      They take a long time to include (a few minutes), which seems to be a common issue with ZWave Plus modules in HS3. Sometimes HS3 will timeout before it has fully scanned the device.
      Range seems very poor. Noticeably fewer neighbors detected than other devices close by. No direct route to controller in a position where other devices can reach the controller directly (UZB1). This is probably the most disappointing issue with these Qubino+ devices and will stop me buying any more.
      HS3 can control both relays without problem.
      HS3 sets no associations by default.
      Setting Group 1 to Homeseer gives instant status of Relay 1, switched locally, and power reports. Switching input 2 locally does not update Switch 2 in HS3. In fact if Relay 1 is OFF then switching input 2 locally turns Switch 1 in HS3 On and OFF.
      Played around with other Group associations without any success.
      Have submitted a Bugzilla ID 3032 but no point in linking to it as it is locked!

Polling does update HS3 to reflect the correct state of the relays.

Is anybody else using the new Qubino ZWave+ modules?

Steve

Comment

I thought I had Z-Wave+ Qubino modules but I am unsure, the ZDK the switches report is ZDK 4.55. If so I have two single dimmer units and they 90% work, the two sensor inputs do not accurately represent themselves in HS (I am not sure if they do at all, forgot now) but the rest of the dimmers work however this has been after some recent plugin changes so they did not work out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          I thought I had Z-Wave+ Qubino modules but I am unsure, the ZDK the switches report is ZDK 4.55. If so I have two single dimmer units and they 90% work, the two sensor inputs do not accurately represent themselves in HS (I am not sure if they do at all, forgot now) but the rest of the dimmers work however this has been after some recent plugin changes so they did not work out of the box.
          Mine report ZDK 6.51.6 which is ZWave+. They also have 'Zwaveplus Info' as one of the supported command classes. I have one old (non ZWave+) Qubino module which is ZDK 4.55.
          My experience with both versions is that as long as you are only using one input and one output HS3 copes OK. Otherwise they are a problem, which may be down to Qubino or HS but both are supposedly certified.
          Steve

Comment

Further experimentation with the Relay x 2 shows more problems. With group 1 associated to HS you get the power readings but the power from both relays is summed and appears as Watts for Relay 2 even though there are seperate power child devices for both Relays. It is supposed to report the power separately for each relay so maybe an HS3 issue or maybe a Qubino issue.
            Also with Group 1 associated, even if you don't switch locally, HS3 gets confused on the status of the Relays when you operate Relay 2. It thinks Relay 1 has changed state as well even though it hasn't.
            Basically with all these Qubino devices in HS3, if you stick to a single relay and a single input they work fine. Once you bring a second relay into the mix or 2 or 3 local inputs HS3 gets it's knickers in a twist.
            It would be good to see HS get to grips with these devices.
            Steve

Comment

I love those Qubino's and they seem to work pretty good. Have about 10 of those now but HS3 support is limited. Especially the additional inputs don't work on any of those modules (and I tried it on the Flush 1 relay, Flush 2 relay or dimmer devices). Also, setting the association to the highest Group (3 or 4) gives the best experience with realtime updates, but HS3 always associate with Group 1 for some reason.
              stefxx

Comment

Comment

Qubino is in my opinion one of the best modules here in EU, so please HS support this brand. Just bought a dimmer and a 2relay switch both z-wave +.
                  It won't create a device. (I tried several times). Sync timed out.

(Another way is if HS or someone can tell me what modules to buy. I tried a lot of devices)
                  It must be small to fit in a standard junction box. It must have a varistor as a protection to over-voltage and be and be filled with some sort of potting compound. (otherwise it can start burning or smelt which actual happens to me.) It must be running on power from a diesel generator (some modules don't). I had the generator only when there are power outages. I had some spikes when my water-pump goes on and off together with the generator
                  In addition its good if the module has quality relays if it's a switch.
                  Some modules don't work when its cold. I have some of the modules in the barn and outside the house. Could be -30C here sometimes in the winter.
                  Suggestions what to buy???? Qubino is working and meet my specifications. (Fibaro doesn't)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by lunkan; November 14, 2015, 01:59 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Replying myself just to not mix things together. To be clear this is NOT an Qubino module. This happened after a power spike in year 2013. This is actually why I want a safer module (that HS support) , don't want this to happen again.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
                      Qubino is in my opinion one of the best modules here in EU, so please HS support this brand. Just bought a dimmer and a 2relay switch both z-wave +.
                      It won't create a device. (I tried several times). Sync timed out.
                      Update, it will include with a newer UZB Controller with Lib version 4.05
                      (the old one with ver. 3.99 won't work for me)
                      Still problem with power report and status on a double relay switch.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lunkan; January 16, 2016, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Any update on this? Are the problems still there.

I have the double relais non Z-wave+ version but these have the same problems with power reporting as described for the Z-wave+ versions.

I want to add >10 Qubino double relais Z-wave+ switches, but it seems that Homeseer stops me spending money.

---
                        John

Comment

It's still problems with power reporting in double relays module (latest z-wave beta 3.0.1.74)

Comment

I have this problem, too. The strange thing is, I have had it working well for a few weeks, but then I wanted to get I2 working and (as per the manual, set parameter 100 to 9 and) excluded the module.

Now, I cannot reinclude ut. I've tried many, many times. The inclusion process hangs, and I'm left with no HS3 devices and a ghost device in my controller.

I believe I have upgraded the z-wave plugin (to 3.0.1.77) since the successful inclusion. Not sure if it is the z-wave plugin version or the the parameter that caused the problems, but now I seem to be left with a bricked dimmer.

I laso tried downgrading to BETA 3.0.1.74 and but no luck.

Comment

Try to reset/exclude the module, press service button (S on the module) MORE than 6 seconds. All parameters should be set to default.

Comment

Working...
                              X