AEOTEC Multisensor 6_Trouble getting it to report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
    Mine shows Tamper cover removed under home security when it touched. You could see if it shows the same for you.
    Christopher from Aeotec confirmed that the "vibration" sensor is really the tamper detection.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Is it just me, or does that make no sense at all?

I can confirm when I tap the device with my finger, I get a "Tampering Cover Removed".

When looking at the device status tab, there are other values including "glass breakage" - does anyone know what the sensor actually is? (a transducer perhaps?). Is the device deciding what the acoustic signal is and assigning the numeric code? (via some DSP routine in the hardware?)

It would seem more useful if there was an accelerometer providing real values back. Or even a transducer, with linear value 0 - 255 for amplitude (or log scale for dB).

If it can only provide a "3" when tapped - then I guess I'll change the text to "I got bumped", chuckle and carry on.

Comment

Here's my theory. They use some stock firmware that Sigma Designs provides (owners of the Z-Wave protocol) and are lazy and don't bother modifying it -- hence the glass breakage thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
          Here's my theory. They use some stock firmware that Sigma Designs provides (owners of the Z-Wave protocol) and are lazy and don't bother modifying it -- hence the glass breakage thing.
          *Plausible*

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I also should add that with the beta Z-Wave 3.0.1.30 parameters 3, 4, 101-103 and 111-113 are now part of the settings page. Beware that the Enabled/Disabled for the PIR toggles parameter 4 between 0 for disabled and 1 for enabled, but 1 is the lowest sensitivity. If you want to set parameter 4 to 2-5 for higher sensitivity, the motion sensor will show disabled on this page.
            So how did you get those settings? Mine only shows the wake up interval.

Comment

Originally posted by matt246 View Post
              So how did you get those settings? Mine only shows the wake up interval.
              Which version of the zwave plugin are you running. I recently added one of these sensors and have all those settings as well. I was using .53 at the time.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I updated my z wave plugin to the beta yesterday I think I was running on .30 before that.

That still didn't fix the issue though they still don't appear.

Comment

Originally posted by matt246 View Post
                  I updated my z wave plugin to the beta yesterday I think I was running on .30 before that.

That still didn't fix the issue though they still don't appear.
                  What is your Z-Wave interface? First thing is to rescan. Failing that, remove and re-add.

Comment

So far this is what ive tried (none of it has worked)

Updated to the latest beta of the z wave plugin.
                    Removed my device from the z wave interface, then readded it.

Didnt work so I tried erasing my network ( I dont have too many devices yet )
                    Readded everything including the multisensor still no extra settings, although I got 2 lux devices created which was odd?

Removed the latest z wave beta, erased my device again and readded everything and still no settings...

Comment

What controller are you using? Z-Stick, Z-NET?

Comment

Aeon Labs Z Stick Gen 5

Comment

What version of firmware is on the Multisensor? The latest is on the Aeotec site.

Cheers
                          Al

Comment

Z Stick - Z-Wave 3.95
                            Multisensor - 1.6

Comment

I'm assuming that you are powering by USB. Other than that and making sure you are running a recent version of HS3, I can't think of anything else to try. All those parameters can be set manually as well, with the section at the bottom of the Settings area. There's an engineering spec attached to post #4 that will tell you all those parameters.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

The only other thing I can think of is that I'm unaware of "official" support for the Gen5 Z-Wave stick. For North America, HS3 typically supports the old Z-Troller, the original Z-Stick, the SmartStick+, and the Z-NET. For Europe, I think there's another/different controller.

Not sure if that would cause any problems, but it might. It may be worthwhile to upgrade to a SmartStick+ (essentially, a Z-NET in USB trim).

Comment

Working...
                                X