Transfering Z-Wave Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfering Z-Wave Network

Earlier this year I started to switch over from X-10 to Z-wave. I purchased a HomeTrollerZEE controller and SmartStick+. I started with an Aeotec Z-Stick and upgraded when the SmartStick+ became available. The transition from X10 was pretty smooth, but I believe I exceeded the number of devices a ZEE can comfortable handle. I also want to install several plugins that are not supported by the ZEE.

So I just got a Intel NUC i3 based system, another SmartStick+, and HS3 license. I installed HS3 on the NUC and configured the second SmartStick+. Erased that interface just in case there was something there on from factory testing. So now comes the question. How do I transfer my ZEE network into the NUC?

Some suggestions I see describe using the "Send Network to Another Controller and Make it Primary" on the ZEE and "Receive Network from Another Controller" on the NUC. I assume I should do the later first. I also read that "Backup this Interface" (on the ZEE) and "Restore a Network to this Interface" (on the NUC) might work.

Which method would you all suggest? Maybe there's another way to do this?

Thanks,
    Claude

---
    Current Date/Time: 12/21/2015 10:19:56 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.208
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZEE 3.6.11+ #538 PREEMPT Fri Aug 30 20:42:08 BST 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 33 Days 2 Hours 18 Minutes 25 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.4
    Number of Devices: 168
    Number of Events: 11

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.72: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.1.29: Z-Wave
Working...
X