just for interest......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just for interest......

saw this in Slashdot. Homeseer gets a few mentions.
    https://ask.slashdot.org/story/16/05...t-in-the-cloud

Added my 2 cents worth,
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

What they are interested in is our shopping habits and wannahaves, not what time we turn our lights off. We each have to make a choice these days. Will I take advantage of the nearly synchronous information** available for buyers on the internet or not. If not I can keep my shopping to myself. If I want the best price for the best product I expose what products I am interested in. With or without utilizing any cloud services. Excluding automation cloud services for privacy reasons while shopping on EBay and playing iTunes music is farcical.

Do I "trust" any corporation with knowledge about me? Nooo. You may have noticed I'm a little overboard on security. Well I have had my personal information stolen four times. Twice my employers had everyone's personal info compromised. Once my bank did. Once the darn Bloodmobile had their laptop stolen with my info in it. Even my blood type is accessible in Romania. That doesn't even count the government losing 20 years worth of security clearance applications to China - something I read about in the newspaper but no one from the responsible organizations has ever contacted me about. For about 10 years starting in the early 90s someone else used my name with a middle initial added and my social security number. I still have to answer incredibly maddening questions about my use of an alias.

It's cliche but there is nothing left to hide now that we're too old to make our own sex tapes.

* synchronous information as in the buyer and seller have equal knowledge about the product and market

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post

It's cliche but there is nothing left to hide now that we're too old to make our own sex tapes.

Eh? Speak for yourself!
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Eh? Speak for yourself!
          lol
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X