Commands work as URL, but not as Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commands work as URL, but not as Buttons

I'm unable to send commands from either the remote or the buttons in the device inventory area. If I take the command shown in the log and directly plug it in the command will go through just fine. I have tried uninstalling the app and removing all traces of it in the system folders, but it still does it on a clean install. This worked months back, but stopped working, and now is the first time I've been able to take the time to play around with it. Any ideas what the issue is?

Oct-02 11:11:33 PM DirecTV INFO WebException: ConnectFailure Unable to connect to the remote server
    Oct-02 11:11:12 PM DirecTV INFO CMD SENT: http://#.#.#.#:8080/remote/processKe...f&clientAddr=0

try to disable your firewall and AV

Comment

I had this happen, as well. However, in my case, the DirecTV box had not actually set a static IP address... Like you, I haven't had time to spend much time with this, but it is on my to-do list, once the high water passes.....
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Spud,

Genie clients - Are the power/power on/power off buttons suppose to work?

All buttons on the remote and device list work for clients except power/power on/power off (main unit works fine). There's no way to turn them off and on that I can find.

Thanks,Steven G

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
          Spud,

Genie clients - Are the power/power on/power off buttons suppose to work?

All buttons on the remote and device list work for clients except power/power on/power off (main unit works fine). There's no way to turn them off and on that I can find.

Thanks,Steven G
          I don't have a Genie client to test with but some other users have reported the same thing.
          Set the log level to debug, and please post the logs you get when you try to power off.

Do you have power saving mode on this receiver? could you try to turn that on/off to see if that makes any difference.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            try to disable your firewall and AV
            Sorry for the long delay, apparently my subscription notification didn't come through. I have tried this already and I get the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by wljohnson05 View Post
              Sorry for the long delay, apparently my subscription notification didn't come through. I have tried this already and I get the same result.
              could you set the log level to debug from the config page, and post the logs you get when you try to press a button from the device management page

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                could you set the log level to debug from the config page, and post the logs you get when you try to press a button from the device management page
                Just decided to go back and take a look at the config for my designer project since it really didn't make sense that the web buttons work but not the tablet ones.....somehow when I copied some of my designer buttons around it cleared out the config in them. Once I put that back in, it worked fine; nothing wrong with your stuff. Sorry being an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                X