Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

variables for email

I found this question before in the forum but it was unanswered
    Are there variables available for emails for example who armed or disarmed the system, which zone tripped the alarm, etc. ?

if there are where can I find the documentation for them

Thanks in advance

THANX
    MITCH
    if I had a son he would be a son of a Mitch

Currently no variables are exposed. I will put it on the list to look into.

Thanks
    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Beta 3.0.2.0

I have just promoted version 3.0.2.0 into the Beta updater. This version includes a new set of Global Variables that can be used in speech and/or email actions. The variable list is shown below. These only latch the "common" events from the panel like open/close zones, arm/disarm areas, alarm. These are basically in line with the LastCommonSecurityEvent which is a public set of properties accessible via scripts and defined in the documentation (see example scripts if interested in that)

Note that Global Variables are created when the plugin runs and are updated as common events happen. If the plugin is stopped, the last values remain in HS3 until it is stopped/restarted. When HS3 is restarted all Global Variables are lost/reset.

HS3 Global Variables can be reviewed directly in the HS3 web UI under Tools->Global Variables, Timers & Counters->Global Variables TAB

$$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastZoneName:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastZoneNumber:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastZoneEvent:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastZoneTime:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastAreaNumber:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastAreaEvent:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastAreaUser:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastAreaTime:
      $$GLOBALVAR:NapcoGemini_LastAlarm:
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
        (see example scripts if interested in that)

Where can I find example scripts?

I am not very good yet, and just looking to use the GUI "run script command" action to basically email and speak the output of one of the new variables.

Soory for the NEWB question, but I have been searching for basic examples and have not found what I'm looking for,

Thanks

UPDATE: Never mind. That was easy. I just added the string above to the body of email and viola.

Thanks!!!
        Last edited by charlesmbell; June 22, 2016, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X