Load a playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load a playlist

I want to create an event that loads a smart play list page (kids movies) on my main Kodi install. I don't want it to start playing, just to load the movie selection list.

Can you tell me how I would accomplish this?

I am not sure if there is an easier way but through a series of input commands I have an event that loads the playlist. I'd still like to know if there is a more direct method to loading a video playlist besides loading the videoplaylist page and then sending input commands (down,down,select)

Comment

one way to do it is to add your playlist as a favourite then from HS you can use a "GUI Activate Window" action with the Window parameter set as favourites, and then if you have only one favourite you just need to add a "Input Select" action

another way that is supposed to work is to modify one of the keymap xml files to map a keyboard or remote key to open your favourite, and then in HS add an Input Execute Action to trigger this key.

Comment

OK I must be retarded, how do you create a favorite

Comment

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
          OK I must be retarded, how do you create a favorite
          right click on your smart playlist then click "Add to favourites"

Comment

That's great, works perfectly. Thanks!

Comment

with version 3.0.1.2 of the Kodi plugin you can now play a favourite by using the event action type "Player Open Media"

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                with version 3.0.1.2 of the Kodi plugin you can now play a favourite by using the event action type "Player Open Media"

spud
                I have version .10 kodi and I can see the list of favorites, but when I select anyone of them it reverts back to "please select".. how do I fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                  spud
                  I have version .10 kodi and I can see the list of favorites, but when I select anyone of them it reverts back to "please select".. how do I fix it?
                  what kind of favourites is it?
                  You can only play favourites which are actual media files with this action.

Comment

what kind of favourites is it?
                    You can only play favourites which are actual media files with this action.

they are video file playlists. it won't let me select any of them

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
                      they are video file playlists. it won't let me select any of them
                      If I remember correctly playlists don't work with this action, I guess that if you add a favorite to a specific video it works?

Comment

If I remember correctly playlists don't work with this action, I guess that if you add a favorite to a specific video it works?

yep....

Comment

Workaround to run Playlists from this plugin (as I also run playlists from HS3)

Get the exact URL by adding playlist to favorites, then opening the %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\favourites.xml and the exact URL will be in there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

with Kodi v18 you now have to use the "Playlist" media type for this to work Click image for larger version

Name:	playlist.png
Views:	111
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1286650

Comment

Working...
                            X