Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for LS1 & LS2 LED Strip Controllers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for LS1 & LS2 LED Strip Controllers?

Rien --

Could you let me know if this plug-in will support the new LS1 and LS2 LED Strip controllers as we have a few of these coming from China for an LED project we are doing and want to use your plug-in. These controllers use the iBox1 and iBox2 WIFI Controllers which I see you support. The LS2 is 8-zone capable using the FUT089 remote so I assume the iBox1/iBox2 is also 8-zone capable but only see 4 zones in your plug-in documentation which is why I'm asking.

See:

http://www.futlight.com/productlist.aspx?typeid=100

Thanks

Originally posted by foxxconn View Post
    Rien --

Could you let me know if this plug-in will support the new LS1 and LS2 LED Strip controllers as we have a few of these coming from China for an LED project we are doing and want to use your plug-in. These controllers use the iBox1 and iBox2 WIFI Controllers which I see you support. The LS2 is 8-zone capable using the FUT089 remote so I assume the iBox1/iBox2 is also 8-zone capable but only see 4 zones in your plug-in documentation which is why I'm asking.

See:

http://www.futlight.com/productlist.aspx?typeid=100

Thanks
    I don't have any of those to test with. But I tested sending zone 5, 6, 7, and 8 and this is being sent without errors

So I asume this will work and I can add 4 more zones to the plugin.

Let me know as you receive your goods from China and we test this scenario.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Should be here next week. Will it be possible to autodetect the number of zones or are you going to have an options setting in the plug-in for the number of zones in-use?

Comment

Originally posted by foxxconn View Post
        Should be here next week. Will it be possible to autodetect the number of zones or are you going to have an options setting in the plug-in for the number of zones in-use?
        Did you received and tested the new stuff?
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

>>Did you received and tested the new stuff?

Rien --

Sorry for the delay, we just receved a bunch of LS1 controllers, the FUT090 Remote and the iBox1 WIFI Bridge V6. We performed standard setup in AP mode and installed your plug-in in HS3 selecting the fixed IP address we gave the iBox1. Your plug-in sees the WIFI Bridge fine and is able to control the light in the WIFI bridge just fine.

The problem is that the plug-in is unable to control any of the LS1 controllers as the Mi.Light iPhone APP can. We assume there has been a protocol extension to account for the 99 channels and 99999 ID's you can select on the LS1. Factory default, the LS1 LED display shows (CH00, 0000, LED4). LED4 is RGBW mode. We have played with combinations of (CH00 + 0001, CH01 + 0000, CH01 + 0001) without success so we assume the protocol is a bit different.

We would be more than happy to provide wireshark traces of the protocol sent between the iPhone Mi.Light APP and the iBox1 as needed since the iPhone application controls the LS1 through the WIFI iBox1 bridge just fine.

We could also bring you into our workstation running HS3 and your plug-in along with wireshark using Citrix remote access (GoToAssist) so you could debug in real-time as I send the commands you request to the iBox1 from the Mi.Light iPhone app for tracking by Wireshark.

Let me know what you would like to do. I'm an IT/Pro and Developer so I'm sure I can help get you the data required to make your plug-in compatible with the LS1 series.

I work late nights here in Pacific time if your available.

Joe

Comment

Easy debug of LS1 command set using sniffer bridge

Rien --

Regarding easy discovery of the command set between the LS1 and iBox. I'm enclosing a JAVA .JAR program which I modified from another project. When run it sits in the middle of the UDP traffic between your plug-in (or the official Mi.Light 3.0 APP) and the iBox (BRIDGE). It will listen for commands received from APP, print the command data on the console and in a log file milight.log, then forward the commands to the real iBox. It does the reverse with the response from the iBox, prints it on the console and in the log file milight.log, then forwards the response to the APP.

Using this means, you don't need an LS1 to determine the new commands at all.

1. Install the latest official milight 3.0 app on your phone.

2. Confirm it can discover the real iBox and works

3. Run enclosed application at a command-prompt and provide the IP of the iBox:

JAVA -jar milight-sniff-bridge.jar 192.168.0.20

4. In the milight 3.0 app, select SEARCHING FOR DEVICE to find the milight-sniff-bridge which will have a MAC address of: AC:CF:23:F5:7A4.

5. Now select that new MAC and put the milight 3.0 app into FUT090 remote mode (LS1) by selecting the top-right round icon and finding the picture of the FUT090 and clicking ok.

6. Send functions you want to decode and see the commands sent and the responses received from the iBox.

7. Note you will see keep alive packets back and forth from the milight 3.0 app which you can ignore. I could add a program option to filter those out if you like.

8. Once you have modified your code to allow for FUT090/LS1 mode you can test the output to confirm it's correct by pointing your plug-in at the IP address of the system running the JAVA program (milight-sniff-bridge.jar) instead of the real iBox2 so you can see the output.

Let me know if you have any issues or need any assistance. This tool should make it easy to add an option to your plug-in to support the normal 4-channel controllers or the FUT090/LS1 mode. I'll be happy to help in any way I can and test when you have something ready.

Joe
            Attached Files
            Last edited by foxxconn; May 26, 2017, 04:29 AM. Reason: Add JAR file with extension renamed to .txt

Comment

Rien --

Any update on this? If you need help I would be happy to assist. Thanks.

Comment

I'd be interested how this is working too - I'm about ready to try setting up my LED strips.

G

Comment

Can you try the beta version at https://www.dropbox.com/s/n5gj5ip94y...ssLED.exe?dl=0
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien --

Instructions for use of that .EXE file? Looks like a simple replacement of one file. As it's been over 30 days since we tested in trial mode are we going to run into expiration issues with this and if so let us know how to solve that. Don't want to purchase unless we can test and confirm it works. Thank You.

Comment

This is now supported.
                      Regards,

Rien du Pre
                      The Netherlands
                      Using:
                      Plugin's:
                      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                      X