Global Cache Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Cache Devices

I have 2 global cache devices connected, have been working great till today. They are showing as connected on my device management page...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Global Cache.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1210654

But when I go to the UltraGCIR Plug in it is saying there is no devices on my network....

Name:	Global Cache 2.PNG
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1210653

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Have you tried to reboot/restart your Global Cache devices or your HomeSeer system?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Yes I have rebooted them, If I check through global caches my help app, It sees them on my network. I have deleted them from my Device Management Page and they will not come back. The Plug in Still says there is no devices on my network.

Comment

Hello,

A few things to check:
        • If you are running the HomeSeer Global Cache plug-in, please disable it.
        • If you are running the Global Cache iHelp.exe program on your HomeSeer system, please close it.
        • If you are running a firewall on your HomeSeer system, please temporarily disable it.

One the above tasks are complete, please:
        • Restart HomeSeer.
        • Run the following command to confirm the plug-in is listening for incoming packets:
          netstat -an | find ":9131"

Please report back with results.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,

Sorry but I have not been at this home automation long. Only about 6 months to a year. I am learning a lot as I go. But I cannot figure out where I run the command you want me to run. If you could assist me with that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

You run this in a cmd (dos) window.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If I have done this correctly, which I did everything you said. I am not running Homeseer Global Cache, I disabled my firewall restarted Homeseer, and ran the command. This is what I got...

Name:	Capture Global Cache.PNG
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	1190224

Don't know if I ran the command right, But did it exactly as you posted.

Let me know,

Thanks, Mike

Comment

This confirms the plug-in appears to be properly initialized and is listening for the Global Cache information packet. Did you say you tried to use the Global Cache iHelp program *on your HS3 system* to see if it sees your Global Cache devices on the network? If you try this test, you'll need to shutdown HS3 because the Global Cache iHelp program is not configured to share port 9131.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

After this test, please enable debug from UltraGCIR3 > UltraGCIR3 > Options > Application Options > Debug, then restart the plug-in. Let it run for about 5 minutes, then change the logging level back to Informational. Next, please locate the plug-in's debug.txt file located in the HS3 root directory and post it here so I can review it.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Yes I have used the Ihelp App, It finds my devices.

Name:	Capture Global Cache 1.PNG
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1190247

Comment

Here you go....

Name:	Capture Global Cache 2.PNG
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	1190248

Comment

This clearly shows the Global Cache packets are not making it into the plug-in. Can you please send an e-mail to ultrajones@hotmail.com and provide me the best time to call you?

Comment

Similar type of issue - Help please

Hi,

So it seems I am having a similar issue since my iTach wifi device can't connect.

Steps I have take so far:

1.- The plug-in can't seem to connect, so I opened the iHelp tool.

2.- I am able to use the iHelp tool and can see my iTach device successfully.

3.- Verified that the firewall doesn't interfere, actually turned it off just in case.

3.- After closing iHelp and then restarting HS3, I then activated the plug-in and still can't connect.

4.- I the disabled the plug-in, reset the iTach device, reconnect the iTach device to my network (inputting the SSID and pwd). After waiting 5 min and the lights blink every other second indicating its connected to the network.

5.- Restarting HS3 then activating the debug mode in the plug-in and nothing.

Note: I also ran the command: netstat -an | find ":9131" and got the response:
                          UDP 0.0.0.0:9131 *:*

I have attached the debug log to see if you can see something.

Info on my system:

Version of plug-in ULTRAGCIR3: 3.0.6132.16975
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.293

Thanks for your help,

Chris
                          Attached Files

Comment

Solved!

OK,

so not 100% sure what trully fixed it...but will explain for others to see what I did to troubleshoot:

1.- The device was visible by iHelp, BUT the IP address was always the same (169.254.1.70) which is the default IP...Even if I had selected the DHCP.

2. I manually 'hardcoded' a reserved IP in the router for the MAC Address

3.- Restarted the itach device several time with DCHP enabled....waited around 10 minutes to log into the router..

voila....after noticing the itach had connected to my router (blinking light), I ran iHelp and noticed the IP had changed....

So I activated the GCIR plug-in and now it connected!!

Thanks
                            Chris

Comment

Working...
                            X