Save/restore state. What am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk:

I decided to change the way I was doing announcements and so went back the old/standard way, and thus NOT using the save/restore state. When I did this, I noticed that version .21 (that you kindly sent) has some issue with announcements - i.e., whatever the Sonos was playing is stopped and the announcement(s) are made, but then it wouldn't go back to playing the original music/stream. SO, I have gone back to using version 20 - thought you would like to know...

Also, are the announcement file(s) supposed to be left in the Sonos queue after the announcement(s) have completed?

Regards,
    BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
      I noticed that version .21 (that you kindly sent) has some issue with announcements - i.e., whatever the Sonos was playing is stopped and the announcement(s) are made, but then it wouldn't go back to playing the original music/stream. SO, I have gone back to using version 20 - thought you would like to know...
      The announcement code was not touched so this would surprise me. I suspect something wasn't installed properly w/ the manual install of 21 versus using the installer OR smells like a firewall thing. You just created a different event and that was it or other things changed at the same time (restarts, move platform, PI installs, manual copy of things)?

Also, are the announcement file(s) supposed to be left in the Sonos queue after the announcement(s) have completed?
      They wouldn't unless the TTS completed unsuccessfully as you described. All reads like events weren't received, typical firewall thing. Is this on Windows or Linux?

Comment

Dirk:

I'm running on Linux - Lubuntu 16.04 LTS. Sorry for such a delay in responding.

Regards,
        Paul

Comment

Dirk:

I'm running on Linux - Lubuntu 16.04 LTS. Sorry for such a delay in responding.

Regards,
          Paul
          I posted an official version 22 this week. Nothing was changed to the announcement part so if it still doesn't work, you will have to make a disk log trace to see what's going on. Just to reiterate, many premium services such as Pandora and others cannot resume where they left off they should start playing again after the announcement but will start with another song.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
          X