X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woow , fast reply !
    Thanks , i will take a look into this.
    Would be great if this is possible i was already imagining it on my tablet sliding trough the movies and press to play.

EDIT: i have it kind of working.
    i looked at the xbmc media server and just copied that link into a button text name so it displays the html page in HStouch.
    It does use allot of CPU since the xbmc webpage loads up all the covers that you have located on the computer.
    So running on tablets / phones with single core is almost impossible, my galaxy s3 barely keeps it together.

Maybe if there is a possibility to code this in the xbmc webdisplay that only 25 covers are displayed then press next to the other movies to reduce the load.
    Furher then that it is very nice and has a WAF haha

im very interested in the media api though.
    Last edited by Vincenttor; March 6, 2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Wild Media Server

Hi Spud,
      During my adventures on the internet I came across this:
      http://www.wildmediaserver.com/product_info.php

Looks like the one to rule them all DLNA servers!
      I'm not a coder but for the love of anything home automation and the great work you guys do, I think it would be a great addon to Homeseer if someone like you could integrate it and may be used to serve media databases to HSTouch. I tested it with XBMC, and boy! it works a treat and with tones of configurations you will find something of intrest.

Regards.

Eman..
      Last edited by Eman; April 24, 2014, 07:26 PM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Hi Spud,
        During my adventures on the internet I came across this:
        http://www.wildmediaserver.com/product_info.php

Looks like the one to rule them all DLNA servers!
        I'm not a coder but for the love of anything home automation and the great work you guys do, I think it would be a great addon to Homeseer if someone like you could integrate it and may be used to serve media databases to HSTouch. I tested it with XBMC, and boy! it works a treat and with tones of configurations you will find something of intrest.

Regards.

Eman..
        I think there is already a DLNA plugin for HS3 created by someone else, have you tried it?
        Or do you mean you would like a dedicated plugin for wild media server?

Comment

Wild Media Server

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I think there is already a DLNA plugin for HS3 created by someone else, have you tried it?
          Or do you mean you would like a dedicated plugin for wild media server?

Yes I'm using the DLNA plugin. And may be not necessarily a dedicated plugin for wild media server but something you mentioned somewhere else about HSTouch Media API
          I just don't know how to go about it but just think it's a good add on to a Homeseer Server. Don't get me wrong there in nothing in there for me but I just wanted to highlight it to others in case they haven't seen it yet. It says somewhere on their website that you can use Wild Media Server (UPnP, DLNA, HTTP) Play To & Web-Access for free. Other Devices will cost you for each license.

Just wantend your and others' opinions how to use it

Regards.

Eman..
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

option to manually connect to xbmc devices

Android devices like my MINIX X7 xbmc version dont have the zeroconf and the only way to control this xbmc is to connect it manually.
            I would like to have this option in the next version of the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerbl View Post
              Android devices like my MINIX X7 xbmc version dont have the zeroconf and the only way to control this xbmc is to connect it manually.
              I'm on it, I'm going to add an option to manually add a XBMC instance, and then some actions to connect and disconnect from it.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.17 available here you can manually connect or disconnect to an XBMC instance that doesn't publish the services with zeroconf.

First add the instance in Config/XBMC.ini file like this:
                Code:
                [PLAYERS]
                1###name=TV Room
                1###ipaddress=192.168.1.102
                1###port=8081
                1###password=xbmc
                1###username=xbmc
                If you use the default port (8080) and/or if you don't use any username and password you can remove the corresponding lines.
                If you already have some instances configured in the [PLAYERS] section, increment the number at the beginning of the lines, i.e. 2### instead of 1###, etc...

Once this is done restart the plugin, then you can use the buttons associated to the root device to connect/disconnect or you can use the XBMC actions "Plugin Connect" and "Plugin Disconnect" from events.

Comment

thanks a lot! :-)

This open possibilties to control remote xbmc's as well. over the internet too. :-)
                  Got another challenge for you: I want to run a program addon in xbmc from HS3. How is this possible?
                  I managed to do this with a http call, but would like it to be simpler.
                  A lot of program addons would be nice to control from hs.
                  Like XBMC backup..

Regards Roger

Comment

This open possibilties to control remote xbmc's as well. over the internet too. :-)
                    Got another challenge for you: I want to run a program addon in xbmc from HS3. How is this possible?
                    I managed to do this with a http call, but would like it to be simpler.
                    A lot of program addons would be nice to control from hs.
                    Like XBMC backup..

Regards Roger
                    I can add some event actions to execute an addon with some parameters.
                    What do you want to do exactly? What does your http call look like?

Comment

My http call

hi! Thanks for a quick response! :-)
                      I wanted to call the security cam addon from your HS3 xmbc plugin, but had to do it with curl.exe and this call:

http://myserver:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAdd on","params":{"addonid":"script.securitycam"},"id":"1"}}

The curl.exe progam is called when somebody push my doorbell, and
                      with this parameter:
                      -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d @d:\curl2.txt http://myserver:8080/jsonrpc

The curl2.txt file has this content:
                      {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"a ddonid":"script.securitycam"},"id":"1"}}

Thats all and it works fine only I would rather have you to embed it into
                      the xbmc plugin! :-)

Regards Roger

Comment

in version 3.0.0.18 available here I added a "Execute Addon" action.
                        to configure an action that does the same thing that your http call you should just have to fill the Addon ID field with: script.securitycam

I couldn't find a simple addon that use parameters, so I did not add the possibility to add parameters yet, if you need this feature just let me know.

Comment

well done!

Well done mate! Now I think its possible to even schedule backups of the xbmc! Will try this option today and let you know if it works well!

regards Roger

It worked very well. Now I will see if its nessesary with any parameters to execute XBMC backup from HS3.
                          Keep on with the good work!
                          :-)
                          Last edited by rogerbl; May 27, 2014, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Hi spud. I watch a lot of TV shows. The plugin displays the title of the episode of the show. Could it be possible to also show the title of the show and season and episode information?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Phaeton; May 26, 2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                              Hi spud. I look a lot of TV shows. The plugin displays the title of the episode of the show. Could it be possible to also show the title of the show and season and episode information?

For TV Shows I could probably set the title device as "TV Show Title - Season X - Episode N - Episode Title"

Would that be ok or would you like a new device for each information?

Comment

Hi spud. For me one device does the job. Would be great. Love the plugin. We enjoy it already a lot

Comment

Working...
                                X