No announcement yet.

3.0.1.130 Stable now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 212 here and it is working fine unsecure. The app version on mine is 3.3, what is yours?

Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
    Fibaro FGD-212 250 W Universal Dimmer

If i add the module non secure it all looks good apart from Switch Multilevel 2 which is the second input. When you use this is also does Switch Multilevel 1
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi, all mine are 3.4.

I excluded one that was working which was added over a year ago, and i now have the fault on this one when trying to add

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      I have a 212 here and it is working fine unsecure. The app version on mine is 3.3, what is yours?

Comment

I can send you a video it wont let me attach, i first press button 1 on then off.

After i press button 2 on then off and you can see both are controlled although when this happens the light does not come on so the capi isnt being updated ?

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          Hi Rich,

Could you have a look into this? It is happing with all of my (20+) Qubino Flush 2 switches, and I know this was introduced recently (at 130 or shortly before).

Thanks!
          Hi Rich,

Running 130 and I have the same issue. Can you have a look at it. Is it helpfull if we create a new topic for this undocumented feature?

The node information is:

Thanks,

John
          Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like the plugin is not finding the correct device when a command is recieved. I have no idea what changed could have caused this. The only way to fix it is for me to test the device here. Unfortunately we don't have any. Maybe you can reach out to Qubino and see if they will send us some samples. I will also ask.
            I will reach out to my contact at Goap. Hopefully they will send you some samples!
            stefxx

Comment

Sounds like the plugin is not finding the correct device when a command is recieved. I have no idea what changed could have caused this. The only way to fix it is for me to test the device here.
              I just tried all versions from 120 to 130. Up to 126 it works fine, 128 and up have this issue. I couldn't find a Linux version 127.

Not sure if this helped, but it is something that changed between version 126 and 128.

Thanks again!
              stefxx

Comment

I am observing two issues with Z-Wave Plugin .130 and above with regards to Aeotec Gen 2 Smart Switches (App ID 3 or 3.0) and Smart Dimmers (App ID 1.15).

1:
                For both existing and new devices, expanding the Settings drop down on Z-Wave tab of the root device takes a long time (30-60s). I suspect this is due to HomeSeer looking for the "This setting determines the function of the color LED" value, which is not present, since these devices don't have a color LED (well, technically there is a red LED, but it is just a dumb LED that tells you the device is plugged in or you hit the switch, nothing like the configurable LEDs on Gen5/6 Aeotec devices). Once the Settings expands, there is a "Set" button, but there is no field for entering or modifying this value and there is an error message in red text below this setting: "No response from the device. Please make sure the device is powered and operating properly."

The Z-Wave plugin should probably not be asking these Gen2 devices for this setting.

2:
                When including new Gen2 devices, HS reports "5 out of 6 Child devices", which is odd, since there are only 5 child devices for these to begin with (maybe related to LED above?). This appears to be an off-by-one error because the resulting root and child devices are associated incorrectly: flipping a physical switch results in the root device being updated and attempting to set Volts or Watts reporting groups fails.

Reverting to Z-Wave Plugin .87 and re-adding these devices works properly. It is then possible to update to .130 or above and the devices continue to function properly. So this appears to be an issue in the inclusion routine in .130 and above.

Comment

I have Qubino sending us some samples. This will be ideal as we can test going forward to avoid this type of issue. It will be easy to fix once we have the actual device. I suspect some changes that we made for the Fibaro micro switches have something to with this.

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                  I just tried all versions from 120 to 130. Up to 126 it works fine, 128 and up have this issue. I couldn't find a Linux version 127.

Not sure if this helped, but it is something that changed between version 126 and 128.

Thanks again!

Comment

Can you post the info from the node info page for this device so I can see all the details. Most likely when we added support for the newer modules we used existing code as Aeon typically uses the same parameters, but it sounds like maybe they dropped some. So I can compare the docs and see what changed. I need the MFG ID info to do that.

Originally posted by ian351c View Post
                    I am observing two issues with Z-Wave Plugin .130 and above with regards to Aeotec Gen 2 Smart Switches (App ID 3 or 3.0) and Smart Dimmers (App ID 1.15).

1:
                    For both existing and new devices, expanding the Settings drop down on Z-Wave tab of the root device takes a long time (30-60s). I suspect this is due to HomeSeer looking for the "This setting determines the function of the color LED" value, which is not present, since these devices don't have a color LED (well, technically there is a red LED, but it is just a dumb LED that tells you the device is plugged in or you hit the switch, nothing like the configurable LEDs on Gen5/6 Aeotec devices). Once the Settings expands, there is a "Set" button, but there is no field for entering or modifying this value and there is an error message in red text below this setting: "No response from the device. Please make sure the device is powered and operating properly."

The Z-Wave plugin should probably not be asking these Gen2 devices for this setting.

2:
                    When including new Gen2 devices, HS reports "5 out of 6 Child devices", which is odd, since there are only 5 child devices for these to begin with (maybe related to LED above?). This appears to be an off-by-one error because the resulting root and child devices are associated incorrectly: flipping a physical switch results in the root device being updated and attempting to set Volts or Watts reporting groups fails.

Reverting to Z-Wave Plugin .87 and re-adding these devices works properly. It is then possible to update to .130 or above and the devices continue to function properly. So this appears to be an issue in the inclusion routine in .130 and above.

Comment

Hi Rich

Any news on my issue ?

Thanks Matt

Comment

Since my unit (V 3.3) is working ok, I have reached out to Fibaro for version 3.4 so I can test that. Luckily it appears these units are field upgradable.

Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
                        Hi Rich

Any news on my issue ?

Thanks Matt

Comment

Thanks Rich

There is a firmware version 3.5 so i believe maybe mine need to be updated.

Appreciate your support.

Since my unit (V 3.3) is working ok, I have reached out to Fibaro for version 3.4 so I can test that. Luckily it appears these units are field upgradable.

Comment

Do you mean that Fibaro is sending the file required for FOTA updates?

I believe update is only possible with a fibaro controller.

---
                            John

Comment

Rich,

by the looks of things they may have changed something in 3.4.

see below
                              Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the info from the node info page for this device so I can see all the details. Most likely when we added support for the newer modules we used existing code as Aeon typically uses the same parameters, but it sounds like maybe they dropped some. So I can compare the docs and see what changed. I need the MFG ID info to do that.
                                Here is for the Smart Dimmer:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.52.19 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	1192103
                                And for the Smart Switch:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 1.54.43 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	1192104