This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 control within Insteon Plug-in

Recent switchover to HS3 from HS2 on system running windows 10 previously XP using multiple RelayNet and RainNet controllers .

Polling all devices (in this case X10) in a location fails to return current status but for the last few devices. (Poll Devices for Status Button).

Diagnostics show x10 command out of Insteon/Smarthome 2314U collision.

Need recommendation as to correct as this is an important control issue in our 24/7 operation.
    1) Are there settings to control pace of the X10 status request out of the Insteon PLM (possible settings)? or
    2) Build an API to interface to the Insteon plug-in that triggers on the Poll Devices for Status Button
    3) Build a set of alarm events that trigger status
    Any advice/recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

I have made a few changes to the plugin regarding x10. check out the beta thread

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185693

Can you tell me about your setup?

how many x10 device do you have vs insteon devices?

have you tried increasing the "Response Timeout (sec)" on the plugin config page
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

problem resolved

Mark
      Thanks for your help and quick response.
      Problem was multi-faceted. Several devices set to status=False (Blame me as it's a user setup issue), Extending the timeout helped significantly lower the responses for those whose status reporting were set correctly, and the few reporting (COULD NOT RETURN STATUS responses) were tracked down to collisions within the x10 RelayNet handling. WGL Designs recommends switching to local connect as opposed to X10 which we're considering.
      (we control a lot of sensor based automated water handling equipment and tank level monitoring as well as irrigation).

Comment

Originally posted by WarrenK View Post
        Mark
        Thanks for your help and quick response.
        Problem was multi-faceted. Several devices set to status=False (Blame me as it's a user setup issue), Extending the timeout helped significantly lower the responses for those whose status reporting were set correctly, and the few reporting (COULD NOT RETURN STATUS responses) were tracked down to collisions within the x10 RelayNet handling. WGL Designs recommends switching to local connect as opposed to X10 which we're considering.
        (we control a lot of sensor based automated water handling equipment and tank level monitoring as well as irrigation).
        glad its working. thanks for reporting back.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X