Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates mate??

Comment

Hi Gwumm any more updates, just saw smarthomes.com.au they got more devices now. do you know if there are any other companies in oz selling zwave products? have you imported anything yet??

Comment

Originally posted by psaini View Post
        Hi Gwumm any more updates, just saw smarthomes.com.au they got more devices now. do you know if there are any other companies in oz selling zwave products? have you imported anything yet??
        G'day Psaini,
        Smarthome have the new devices listed, but are still waiting to actually receive them - which is a few months away.

This is legitimate, in a sense that Australian products are a rarity in the Z-wave production - which is the overall difficulty.

With this in mind, I'm expecting more of an update in a couple of months.

-Gwumm

Comment

Z Wave update

HI - new to the board and about to test some z wave units from smarthome. I have an existing X10 system at home however has become very unstable over the last 5 years. Many modules just simply dont work due to interference and other gremlins in the power lines somewhere. My wife is so over it.

Anyone using X10 and Z wave together? Any alt suppliers to smarthome for aussie compatible units?

Any thoughts, tips ect from the group

Comment

Great news guys!

Here is another Z-Wave Supplier in Australia: http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au

There pricing is heaps cheaper then Smarthome's, and after creating an account, they sent me a 10% off discount voucher - WIN!

Looks like Z-wave really is finally spreading it's wings Down-Under!
            -Gwumm
            Last edited by Gwumm; April 24, 2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

All,
              As per my previous post - I just found out the 10% Discount Voucher at http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au is their April Promo!

So whilst their prices are heaps cheaper than anywhere else, I'd suggest signing up ASAP so you can get the voucher
              -Gwumm

Comment

Originally posted by Gwumm View Post
                G'day... Yeah I bought some stuff from Smart Home. VERY Expensive for what they are offering, and a very limited offering, however it does work after a lot of configuration changes in HS.
                hey sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm finally going to buy from smarthome.com.au. How hard was it to get these going in Homeseer? sounds like it was messy?

if you have the homeseer home troller, do you need to get additional hardware for it to speak to z wave devices? doesn't look like you do.

Cheers

Comment

you would need to ensure the hometroller is for the right frequency, i think it might actually be American only, not Australian frequency but since i don't (yet) run Z-Wave i could be wrong.

I think normally you just need the Z-Wave USB controller, and then the Z-Wave devices, whereby the more devices you have the better the reception or reliability is suppose to become (because of the mesh networking)
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hello

Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am fairly new to HomeSeer, I bought HSPro about 9 months ago. I am skilling up while my new house gets built and glad to see more zwave options lately in the Aus frequency.

Currently my Homeseer setup is pretty basic, I am using a Zwave USB key, one zwave plug in switch, webcam xp, sqblaster and hs touch for testing purposes. I am running HSPro on a dedicated dual core laptop with xppro and office 2003 for voicecontrol/TTS/HS Speaker. I haven't heard of any voice rec that works any better than office 2003 with adaptive turned off tho I am open to input.

I have budget in the house build for around 35 zwave mini in wall Switch/dimmer controllers and a few outdoor switches, 4 motor control, ac (i may use sqblaster for this), a couple sqblasters, some cameras and a couple sensors.

I work with a seasoned HS enthusiast that will hopefully assist me on the macros I plan on having but all in all my setup will be pretty straight forward...my wife needs to be able to use it after all, my Harmony One IR setup has spoiled her so far

I look forward to diving into it a lot more over coming months and I hope to not annoy anyone with silly questions, troll the forums before asking is my motto.

Cheers,
                    Dan

Comment

Water meter

Originally posted by DV8 View Post
                      Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge on these forums. I am fairly new to HomeSeer, I bought HSPro about 9 months ago. I am skilling up while my new house gets built and glad to see more zwave options lately in the Aus frequency.

Currently my Homeseer setup is pretty basic, I am using a Zwave USB key, one zwave plug in switch, webcam xp, sqblaster and hs touch for testing purposes. I am running HSPro on a dedicated dual core laptop with xppro and office 2003 for voicecontrol/TTS/HS Speaker. I haven't heard of any voice rec that works any better than office 2003 with adaptive turned off tho I am open to input.

I have budget in the house build for around 35 zwave mini in wall Switch/dimmer controllers and a few outdoor switches, 4 motor control, ac (i may use sqblaster for this), a couple sqblasters, some cameras and a couple sensors.

I work with a seasoned HS enthusiast that will hopefully assist me on the macros I plan on having but all in all my setup will be pretty straight forward...my wife needs to be able to use it after all, my Harmony One IR setup has spoiled her so far

I look forward to diving into it a lot more over coming months and I hope to not annoy anyone with silly questions, troll the forums before asking is my motto.

Cheers,
                      Dan
                      Hi Dan,

I'm in a very similar position you were in a few years ago, though I don't have the luxury of knowing anyone with homeseer.

I am researching at the moment, but think i'll just dive in and purchase pro. The thing i'm worried about is the choice of products available with the Australian frequency. I am trying to find some way to measure water flow, nothing comes in the Australian frequency and if it does it's not compatible with Homeseer.

How have you found the selection of products?

Thanks for any info you can give.

Cheers,

Aaron

Comment

I have been using Insteon devices in my house for a number of years after converting from x10. They are reliable and you can get them both in Australia and in the US.

they work with Homeseer, Google home, Alexa and most other devices.

as they are dual mesh (both powerline and RF) they are very reliable.

Comment

way to ncro a thread 2012 to 2018

re. water flow, I use a flow sensor connected to an arduino sending via rf to a mysensors hub (another $5 arduino uno clone) connected to homeseer. There is a mysensors plugin.

fwiw, I am in Aus too and have about 20 zwave devices and find Fibaro to be worth the bucks. (also prefer UZB1 for dongle). They are pretty trouble free.

Comment

Originally posted by Leachy76 View Post
                            but think i'll just dive in and purchase pro
                            I'm pretty happy with HS, although it feels a bit outdated. I've got Pro, it's worth it, otherwice you have to pay for everething separately. Note that they have half price sell twice a year - if you are not in a hurry.

Comment

Hi all
                              msy.com.au
                              is having a Fibaro sale 50% off
                              Ends soon I think on 13th December

Comment

Working...
                              X