Alternate products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternate products?

It appears the HS WFTT07 has been discontinued.

This product would have been perfect for my application.

What tabletop alternatives are there?

Today you can utilize the Pipo W10 tabletop. Only thing is that the screen is pivoted flat a bit. Think it also runs Android.

[ATTACH]63267[/ATTACH]

I use the Pipo x7 with a multiple touch 17" wide screen and it works great.

My stock tabletop touchscreens run embedded XP and also work great. I have not to date seen a design match to my Jogglers. Major modifications here using an SSD drive, RTC and a bios replacement of original stock EFI bios. Mods include soldering skills, ROM updating, SSD, RTC et al.

[ATTACH]63268[/ATTACH]

Note too that the Jogglers were first made around 1999 and well advanced for their time and used one of the first Intel SoC chip atom based chip sets. My stock ones have built in DECT and Zigbee chips but I have never figured out how to use the chips. I did purchase a bunch of Openframe DECT phones for the devices. Actually though the DECT phones do work with my Ooma box.

[ATTACH]63269[/ATTACH]

You can also purchase a SIBO touchscreen which is the same as the Homeseer WFTT07 from China if you want. Personally had bad dealings with SIBO and put them on my S List.
    Last edited by Pete; September 9, 2017, 04:22 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hey... looks like an old thread, but I make my suggestion.

I've purchase 3 Amazon Fire 7 tablet for 50$US each. The HSTouch application is available from the Amazon AppStore.

It's the cheapest tablet I found and it works pretty well with HomeSeer.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Originally posted by flaplante@gmail.com View Post
        I've purchase 3 Amazon Fire 7 tablet for 50$US each. The HSTouch application is available from the Amazon AppStore.

It's the cheapest tablet I found and it works pretty well with HomeSeer.

Have a nice day!
        I just went with a Fire 8... do you have a way to prevent it from turning off the screen after 30 minutes?

Edit, found it:

1. Go to the SETTINGS area
        2. Click on DEVICE OPTIONS
        3. Triple-tap the SERIAL NUMBER option, towards the bottom of the screen. Keep tapping!
        4. The DEVELOPER OPTIONS will now be accessible.
        5. Find the option labeled STAY AWAKE. Click on it to ENABLE.

Once configured, the tablet will never go to “Sleep” while charging!
        Last edited by NutsyHome; May 3, 2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Mine still dims the screen a slight but after some time and will goto the lock screen during a power outage. Still works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a way to wake up the screen based on occupancy (motion detector)? I believe Imperihome implements this function.

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller View Post
              Is there a way to wake up the screen based on occupancy (motion detector)? I believe Imperihome implements this function.

Hey there. if you are using Imperihome.... screen wake up does 'kinda' work on a fire. one you having it running, it works fine unless you go to another app on the fire. that will "take over" the camera, and not give it back to IH. if you start/stop IH it will work again.

Comment

Originally posted by mskvarenina View Post
                It appears the HS WFTT07 has been discontinued.

This product would have been perfect for my application.

What tabletop alternatives are there?
                If you're interested, I have two brand new unopened WFTT07's and one that's been opened and used sparingly. My wife just can't get into the HA thing like I wished.

PM me if you're interested in buying them.

Comment

Working...
                X