Is it possible to bridge 2 HS3 systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to bridge 2 HS3 systems?

is bridging possible? or at the very least can the values from hs3 system 1 be pulled into hs3 system 2?

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    is bridging possible? or at the very least can the values from hs3 system 1 be pulled into hs3 system 2?
    Jon00 has a script for coupling HS2 with HS3. Jon00 HomeSeer 2 - HomeSeer 3 connector.

“Although not intended, it can also be used to link 2 or more copies of Homeseer 3 (or Homeseer 2) together with the same features as above”
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Jon00 has a script for coupling HS2 with HS3. Jon00 HomeSeer 2 - HomeSeer 3 connector

cool! thanks Randy! I try it out.

Comment

I don't have an answer, but I'm very curious about your use case. Do you mind sharing more information what what you are wanting to achieve?

Comment

Like the previous post, can you provide the use case and scenario for your two instances and the host OS platform that describes the outcome expected.

You can aggregate z-wave network by a couple of options:
          1. the inclusion as a seconds controller.

2 a. A single controller with multiple z-wave devices.

2 b. A single controller with Z-net albeit HS or non HS configuration

Option 1 and 2a. a z-wave device can be on the host or remote but there are multiple z-wave networks that are distinctly managed.

Option 2b the multiple z-wave devices are represented as a single z-wave network with one ID and automatically propagates to all devices on change. The includes Network Wide Incursion (NWI) and represents redundancy as devices are mirrored.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
            I don't have an answer, but I'm very curious about your use case. Do you mind sharing more information what what you are wanting to achieve?

modbus does not work very well. its caused all kinds of problems for me. the only way modbus will work for me is if I disable and then enable the plugin. I use modbus to get the voltage on my solar system. I use the voltage to decide when to start the charger, when to make hot water, when to start fans, etc......so I am trying to put modbus all by itself and pull the data back into my main system. gavin is doing a rewrite of the plugin, so eventually it will work right. hopefully, I will still have some hair on my head

Comment

modbus does not work very well. its caused all kinds of problems for me. the only way modbus will work for me is if I disable and then enable the plugin. I use modbus to get the voltage on my solar system. I use the voltage to decide when to start the charger, when to make hot water, when to start fans, etc......so I am trying to put modbus all by itself and pull the data back into my main system. gavin is doing a rewrite of the plugin, so eventually it will work right. hopefully, I will still have some hair on my head
              First thought comes to mind is to use MQTT to bridge the two systems.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                First thought comes to mind is to use MQTT to bridge the two systems.

I've been looking at mqtt but haven't dipped my toes into it yet. if I can get jons gateway to work it will solve my problem until gavin gets the rewrite done.

Comment

When HS2 replaced HS1 and HS3 replaced HS2 the mcsXap plugin could be used to synchronize devices across multiple instances. xAP is a broadcast protocol so was well suited for this. Now MQTT is more in vogue for Machine to Machine communication and I suspect it could be used across multiple instances of HS3, but I have not tried it.

Both of these plug-ins are device-oriented so for the general case they will not be mirroring Events or other aspects of HS.

Comment

Working...
                  X