Discussions related to HS3 build 435

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    To my surprise, my plugins are taking 580MB - just noticed that now and will investigate which ones of the 19 plugins are the big consumers.
    That's acutally not a lot. The average is only 30 MB pr. plugin, not unreasonable for .NET applications.

My numbers are 907 MB for 23 plugins = 39 MB pr. plugin. Still not worried about that. But that makes the continuous rise in memory usage for the HS3.exe process even more alerting...
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Personally with Homeseer 2 here did much metric bean counting such that I think that the metrics' counting did ding the utilization of Homeseer 2.

That said with Homeseer 3 now a days do spot utilization checks but nothing that runs continuously. That is me though.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        That's acutally not a lot. The average is only 30 MB pr. plugin, not unreasonable for .NET applications.

My numbers are 907 MB for 23 plugins = 39 MB pr. plugin. Still not worried about that. But that makes the continuous rise in memory usage for the HS3.exe process even more alerting...
        Thanks for that Moskus.. I never noticed until just this morning and feel assured thanks to you, that it is not an issue. My system runs great so never thought about the foot print left by the plugins..

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

PRTG.
          It's free for the first 100 sensors, which should be enough to get you started. In my setup, one computer takes 8 sensors by default. You can of course remove some that you don't find useful, and add others.

Here's the sensors for my HS3 server:

I can't seem to find compatible sensors for HS3, only entire machine?
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Plug-In Memory Used: 12 EXE Plug-Ins using 204 Mbytes

So my average is even lower.

---
            John

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              I can't seem to find compatible sensors for HS3, only entire machine?
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Got it running, I'll report back over the weekend.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Scratch that. After I restarted HS3, I started to run into port issues on 80, found out the monitor requires port 80 and I guess can't be changed, so I uninstalled.

I really don't feel like moving HS3 to a different port.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

@ServiceXP

Read this post before pulling your hair out. Randy's solution worked perfectly and was quite easy to implement.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...08#post1367508

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                      @ServiceXP

Read this post before pulling your hair out. Randy's solution worked perfectly and was quite easy to implement.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...08#post1367508
                      Thanks for looking out for me, but the cause in my case was the monitoring software that I installed sitting on port 80. The program has no way to change it's port number, and I didn't feel like changing the port HS3 is sitting on.

Anyway thanks again.
                      Last edited by ServiceXp; May 26, 2018, 06:15 PM.
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

You can change the port number PRTG, of course. I can't remember how I did it, but it wasn't hard.

But PRTG should default to port 8080?

Comment

You can change the port number PRTG, of course. I can't remember how I did it, but it wasn't hard.

But PRTG should default to port 8080?

I spent about an hour looking for a solution, so not a whole lot of time, but everything I found pointed to PRTG requiring port 80.
                          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/697...ort-connection

I'm using a SSL connection over a completely different port.

Comment

Has anyone else had issues with Event Log entries from scripts coming out in the wrong order? This started happening to me after I upgraded to 435 and it makes it very difficult ehen trying to debug script issues.

I searched bugzilla and couldn't find a logged ticket for the issue and nothing from forum searches (at least not less than 10 years ago!). Just checking if it's a known issue before I raise a bugzilla ticket.

Thanks

Comment

.435 - not communicating to devices

I don't seem to have posted this to the end of the thread - sorry, all.
                                I just updated to .435 from .368. The update ran smoothly but HS3 cannot communicate to any devices. Below is sample from the log. Note that I'm getting notifications from some devices (such as the UPS's Kw Hours) but I can't communicate to any device. Reboots don't help.

In the release notes, there is an instruction "For all controllers, go into Setup, click the Update button." I go to the Setup page (Tools > Setup) but don't find Update button. I also tried under Plugins > Zwave > Controller Management with no luck.

Thanks in advance: I hope I'm missing something.

Jun-09 07:05:10 Z-Wave Warning No response before timeout to Get Switch Multilevel/Switch Binary Level for 1 Foyer Chandelier Switch (8)
                                Jun-09 07:05:10 Z-Wave Device: 1 Office kW Hours - UPS Set to 8.962 (8.962 kW Hours)
                                Jun-09 07:05:05 Z-Wave Warning No response before timeout to Get Sensor Multilevel Level for 1 Foyer Power - Chandelier (8)
                                Jun-09 07:04:54 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: 1 Foyer Chandelier Switch

Current Date/Time: 6/9/2018 7:07:32 AM
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                                System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 4 Minutes 39 Seconds
                                IP Address: 192.168.1.10
                                Number of Devices: 130
                                Number of Events: 30
                                Available Threads: 1023
                                HSTouch Enabled: True
                                Event Threads: 0
                                Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                                Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                                Device Exec Queue: 0
                                HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                                Email Send Queue: 0
                                Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender Norton Security

Enabled Plug-Ins
                                2.0.56.0: BLBackup
                                1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
                                2.0.24.0: BLUPS
                                3.0.0.87: weatherXML
                                3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
                                Last edited by KandB; June 9, 2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X