Kwikset lock not adding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kwikset lock not adding

**********8/27/2013 07:20:53 Z-Wave ********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 56 Type GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL=40H **********8/27/2013 07:20:53 Z-Wave **********8/27/2013 07:20:53 Z-Wave Contacting node 56 to get supported features8/27/2013 07:20:54 Z-Wave Negotiating SECURITY SCHEME for (56)8/27/2013 07:21:30 Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 568/27/2013 07:21:30 Z-Wave Failed to get SECURITY SCHEME from node 56. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer.8/27/2013 07:21:30 Z-Wave The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first)8/27/2013 07:21:30 Z-Wave Warning Failed to add new SECURE node 56 to the network securely - device will not operate properly.8/27/2013 07:21:30 Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface (Node 56) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_SECURITY

HomeSeer Version:Professional Edition 2.5.0.60HomeSeer:Is Registered HomeSeer Localization:English (United States)Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work StationOS Version:6.1.7601 Service Pack: 1.0

This lock used to work and when additional codes were attempted to be added the system could not "get the number of codes." attempts to remove and add have led to these results.

Any ideas?

I'm fighting the same battle. I can get mine to add if I do the procedure about 5 times but then communication is sketchy. The lock is sitting right next to my Z-Troller.

Comment

I just added a second one to my house and had the same issue you did until I added the lock using the HomeSeer interface. Some pointers:

- First, you have to remove the device from your Z-Wave controller within 2 feet of the device. To do this, I had to unscrew the controller box from the lock, unplug the keypad and take it to the basement where my Z-Wave controller is. Then I used HomeSeer's interface to delete it (Setup, Interfaces, Manage, Remove Node). If that doesn't work, you have to Erase the whole Z-Wave controller's memory and start again. Luckily, when adding back the deleted devices, HomeSeer remembers their old names.

- Don't add the device using the Z-Wave controller. In my case I have the Aeon stick and adding the lock by pushing the button on the lock and then on the Aeon stick DOES NOT WORK. When you import the devices from the stick to HomeSeer you do see a device, but not the four devices you need. You have to add the lock from within HomeSeer.

- To add the device: Open HomeSeer, navigate to Setup, Interfaces and click on Manage on the Z-Wave line (at least in the case of the Aeon Labs Stick). Then use the Add Node button after pressing the pairing button on the lock. For other types of controllers I'm not sure if it would be the same.

After adding the lock and moving it back to the door, I was unable to communicate with it again. I had to remove the batteries from the lock, shutdown my PC and power it all back on - once I did that it all worked.

I hope something I wrote above is useful someone... I know how frustrating this stuff can be

Sunil

Comment

Working...
      X