Aeotec Smart Strip Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Smart Strip Help Needed

Got an Aeotec Z-Wave Smart Energy Strip, and for the most part it works very well. However I can not get the child devices created for it to update the watt usage properly.

The switches work fine, and the 3rd and 4th outlets do update wattage use properly, however the 1st and 2nd do not. None of them updated until I removed and re-added the device.

In addition I would have expected to see the root device to have a similar configuration settings (Home->Click on Device Name->Click on Configuration Button) as my Aeon Labs Smart Energy Switch, where I can set report rate timing of the groups for W, kWh, etc. However the only settings shown under configuration are for the All on/off setting.

Is there some way I can get it to be more like the Aeon Energy Switch so I can change the update interval per sensor type? Or even get it updating correct?

Try a Rescan under the ZWave tab of the root device. Make sure the device is somewhat close to your controller. Post any error messages from the HS log.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you for the response. Tried that earlier and do not recall any errors. Will try again and post the log just in case I missed something.

I am thinking it maybe just numbering them wrong? I am getting 3 values returned, but for the "root", inst 3, and inst 4. When it should be inst. 1-3 returning values. At first I thought the "root" watt device, that did not have an instance in the name, was a sum, however it does not add up right if it were. As soon as my movie is over and if still awake, will try turning them off one by one and watching for changes in reported watt usage. Will try a rescan after that if needed.

See screenshot of what I mean.
      Attached Files

Comment

It is numbered incorrectly, however it only gets watt usage on 3 out of the 4 outlets. I tried installing another Aeotec Smart Strip and it has the exact same issues. Not certain where to go from here.

Log from adding the 2nd smart strip looks pretty normal:
        6/11/2014 3:09:48 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~**********
        6/11/2014 3:09:48 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 12 Type GENERIC_TYPE_SWITCH_BINARY=10H **********
        6/11/2014 3:09:48 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~**********
        6/11/2014 3:09:48 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Contacting node 12 to get supported features
        6/11/2014 3:09:48 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Attempting to get manufacturer ID from device 12...
        6/11/2014 3:09:49 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Z-Wave manufacturer ID: 134=86H (Aeon Labs), Type: 3=3H, ID: 11=BH
        6/11/2014 3:09:49 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Device: Z-Wave Z-Wave Interface (Node 12) supports class(es): COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_BINARY, COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_ALL, COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION_V2, COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION, COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_INSTANCE
        6/11/2014 3:09:49 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Z-Wave device 12 version: Lib: 3.67 App: 1.1
        6/11/2014 3:09:49 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~Device supports 1 groups for associations
        6/11/2014 3:09:50 PM ~!~Z-Wave~!~********** Done with Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 12 **********

Here is how they are actually numbered in case it can help someone else. I can get usage from the first 3 outlets. 4th is not reporting at all as far as I can tell:
        Child X Electric Meter Watts is actually: Child X Inst 3
        Child X Electric Meter Watts Inst 4 is actually: Child X Inst 2
        Child X Electric Meter Watts Inst 3 is actually: Child X Inst 1
        Child X Electric Meter Watts Inst 2 is actually: Nothing
        Child X Electric Meter Watts Inst 1 is actually: Nothing

Comment

What version of HS2 are you using?

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Professional Edition 2.5.0.52

Comment

I would upgrade to 2.5.0.81 as support was added for quite a few z-wave devices. You can get it here: ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerU...RO2_5_0_81.exe. That version was very reliable for most users. I still have it running as well, although it's not doing much anymore as I'm 90% migrated to HS3.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Updated but still same issue.
                I also rescanned, then deleted the root device, and re-added.

Comment

Since it is a relatively new device, it may not be properly supported in HS2. You may have to live with the way it works until you move to HS3.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

I can live with it I guess. Just a bummer. I tried HS3 and thought it had a good feel, but am going to wait a while till some of the plugins I need work under it and it has some time under it's belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X