www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Plug-ins > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Discussion > AirplaySpeak

AirplaySpeak This plug-in is a Speak Proxy which allows Homeseer to route annoucements to AirPlay capable devices such as an AirPort Express

Old December 4th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Seer

OK, I copied the entire directory of /usr/lib/cli/avahi-sharp-1.0/ to the HomeSeer directory, and now it works!

There was a avahi-sharp.dll.config and avahi-sharp.dll.mdb file in there as well. Must have only copied a linker or something.

Anywhoo, we did it! So now what, leave it like that or does your plugin need updating to include the avahi-sharp directory?

I must be beta testing the zee s2 eh?

Cheers
Old December 4th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Seer

I tested it successfully over shairport to my laptop using Speak Something. Sweet plugin!
Old December 4th, 2016, 04:12 PM

I'm glad you got it to work.

I did tested it successfully on a Zee 2 without having to copy avahi-sharp directory, so not sure what's different on your system.
Old December 4th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Seer

Yeah, crazy eh? Must have had something to do with me removing mono runtime to install the cli library. Well its working as is, I'll just leave it. Got .11 installed so I can load sound files.

Thanks for being there for me
Old December 4th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Seer

Was looking at your imperihome plugin too. I'll try that out next. The HSTouch has got some quirks.
Old March 27th, 2017, 08:46 AM

FYI, version 3.0.0.12 now automatically install the needed avahi-sharp.dll, and I have updated the Linux installation guide
Old July 3rd, 2017, 11:23 PM
Seer

Awesome. Well I finally registered and upgraded the plug-in to .12, and ripped open my jbl airplay speakers (been in a box for about 5 months!). Everything still worked just as last time but on actual speakers! With the announcements to the speakers it's nice for my wife to know what the hell is actually happening. Is the 44100 limitation due to airplay protocol? Converting things to 44100 and finding a good site to make text to audio wave files was the only time consuming thing about it. This is an insanely useful plugin I'm really glad you made it. Cheers.