Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Jasco Z-Wave PLus In-Wall Smart Motion Dimmer (26933)-Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rmorton27 View Post
    Your suggestion worked for me, starting to like this switch.

-rbbbb
    Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
    I think so. I made my adjustments manually according to the manual.
    I'm really liking this dimmer. The pure "switch" version isn't available right now so I was wondering if I could adjust the parameters to disable the dimming function and get this working as a switch. Looked over the parameters in the PDF and not sure which combinations of settings would achieve this. Any thoughts? I see the ALL ON/OFF mentioned, but it's not clear and my skull is kind of thick. I have found I can do it programmatically, but need to get the physical toggle working the same

Comment

Now initiating palm to face sequence. It helps to step away and come back and looks at things again. For anybody interested in converting one of these dimmers into a switch. Set Parameter 16 to 1. This will prevent you from dimming the switch with a physical press and hold. With an event in HS you just set it to off or on to get switch function without dimming. After setting this parameter to 1 you can still set the device to dim via HS and it will dim.

Comment

So if I understand what's being said you can do the following.

Set the motion detector so that it won't control the dimmer at all.

Get event triggers from the motion detect so you can do your own control of the dimmer. This allows you to program the system any way one wants.

This way one should only need one of these devices even when the room has multiple lighting controlled by multiple dimmers.

When does the motion send triggers? Is it all the time there is motion or do you set the motion times.

This sounds great and just what I need for both the bed and bath rooms along with the garage. Currently they are on fixed time control that is reset when any device has it's setting changed. Now I just need to replace one dimmer with one of these.

Too bad they didn't all a humidity sensor to it. That would have been perfect for a bathroom.

I'll have to pick one up and try it out. Hum, wonder if Lowes has them?
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
          Not yet.

Comment

So if I understand what's being said you can do the following.

Set the motion detector so that it won't control the dimmer at all.

Get event triggers from the motion detect so you can do your own control of the dimmer. This allows you to program the system any way one wants.

This way one should only need one of these devices even when the room has multiple lighting controlled by multiple dimmers.
            Yes to all of the above. I am using one motion sensor to control multiple switches in some instances. In others I am using multiple motion sensors to control a single switch. Have 16 of these installed with 3 on the shelf waiting to install.
            When does the motion send triggers? Is it all the time there is motion or do you set the motion times.
            Motion device changes status upon motion and stays that way while there is motion. Status changes again once motion stops.
            Haven't seen them at my Lowe's. I buy all mine from Amazon

Comment

Thanks Cyborg for the info.

I assume like other GE Z-Wave Plus devices it does Instant Status.

How many devices do they present? Could you post an image of the Devices page for it?

I think in my case since I want to use the HS dimmers as much as possible I'll use the switch version and put it where the ventilation fan is located. That way I can not only use the switch to control the fan but the motion for everything.

I only wish the switches looks more like the Lutron ones. They match the HomeSeer ones better but I can totally live with these.

Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

Those lutron devices are nice. I'm guessing there will be more devices with motion sensors incorporated overtime since they are great to have.

3 devices, here are a couple of mine. I'm not sure what you mean by instant status, but they are very fast at reporting their status change. A little too fast in my opinion. I have a bit of a problem with the devices reporting their status before they reach the final brightness. As you can see in the image I get reports from 68-70% dimming on lights that are actually turned on fully. When I was using these in SmartThings we could adjust the device type handler to delay the poll time so the status showed the final on state instead of polling and reporting the dimming state while the device was still ramping up. I could make adjustments to the ramp rate so they turn on much quicker and report an on state, but my wife and I like the gradual ramp rate so I have left them. If anybody knows how to adjust the status reporting in HS I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyborg View Post
                  Those lutron devices are nice. I'm guessing there will be more devices with motion sensors incorporated overtime since they are great to have.
                  I'm hoping to see some with not only motion but with humidity, which would make them great for bathrooms. Light detect may be another addition however with the celestial clock in HS3 I could live without it.

3 devices, here are a couple of mine. I'm not sure what you mean by instant status, but they are very fast at reporting their status change. A little too fast in my opinion. I have a bit of a problem with the devices reporting their status before they reach the final brightness. As you can see in the image I get reports from 68-70% dimming on lights that are actually turned on fully. When I was using these in SmartThings we could adjust the device type handler to delay the poll time so the status showed the final on state instead of polling and reporting the dimming state while the device was still ramping up. I could make adjustments to the ramp rate so they turn on much quicker and report an on state, but my wife and I like the gradual ramp rate so I have left them. If anybody knows how to adjust the status reporting in HS I'm all ears.

I see how it's displayed which is what I expected.

Instant status basically sends the command when you manually operate the device. It works the same on the HomeSeer devices and I don't know of any way to have it delayed.

BTW, All of the manufactures keep leaving out a feature on all of the new switches. They need to have a minimum level the LED lights will work with plus the minimum level they need to start. You need both since the minimum level may be lower than the start level. So if you turn on the light from off and the level is below the start level then the lights goes to the start level for a few cycles then returns to the requested level. If the level is below minimum then it get set to minimum.

Comment

BTW, All of the manufactures keep leaving out a feature on all of the new switches. They need to have a minimum level the LED lights will work with plus the minimum level they need to start. You need both since the minimum level may be lower than the start level. So if you turn on the light from off and the level is below the start level then the lights goes to the start level for a few cycles then returns to the requested level. If the level is below minimum then it get set to minimum.
                    Interesting, wasn't aware of this, I have a lot to learn, still on my way up for air after jumping into the deep end of home automation

Comment

I think I am going to have to get a few of these for my bathrooms!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its fun except when you have a crash.
                        For some reason I lost my entire Z-Wave configuration. I'm getting errors that the internal z-wave interface has no devices but the logs show the base controller seems to be working.
                        It happened after a full optimization.
                        This is going to set me back to my last backup on the 25th.
                        Just about ready to do a new backup of the updated configuration. (Murphy's at it again.)
                        The problem is that I've added 6 new HS dimmers and changed a lot of my events. Which there was a way to only restore the Z-Wave Config.
                        I did a backup of the bad system so I can restore it if needed.
                        Now to find out just what's required to do a restore restore. NO FUN!!!
                        Not sure if I want to wait till tomorrow and pay HS for a support call or just wing it.

Comment

Sounds miserable. You just convinced me to remote in and do a backup of my system. I always make a ton of changes on the weekend that I would hate to lose. At least we have the option of restore though. This is what caused me to jump ship from SmartThings and move to HS. Hope the restore goes okay.

Comment

Sounds miserable. You just convinced me to remote in and do a backup of my system. I always make a ton of changes on the weekend that I would hate to lose. At least we have the option of restore though. This is what caused me to jump ship from SmartThings and move to HS. Hope the restore goes okay.
                            More info to follow when I start a thread on this. You'll want to read it.

Comment

Hi folks - wonderful thread. I'm building a house so planning on buying about 10 of these in addition to the other switches I need. Some questions:

1. If I want the motion sensor to appear and be functional in homeseer, do I HAVE to disable it from controlling the load?

2. Clearly the light must have a luminescence sensor since it has the light sensing mode. Is there any way to use that with homeseer? (seems especially useful if the answer to question #1 above is yes)

3. To clarify when/how it sends signals for no motion. If I walk into the room (it will fire motion) and then I immediately stop moving. Will it A) wait some amount of time before reporting no motion or B) immediately report no motion?

4. It was fascinating to see the setting of parameters as declared by z wave alliance. Just to triple confirm my understanding - these are parameters you're setting one time for each switch using the HS UI. Not something you can set via events? (The line of thinking that generated the question was me thinking about whether I just leave all functionality with the switch, but I want to be able to programmatically switch when the light is in occupancy vs. vacancy mode. I could do that by recreating all events in homeseer, but that's a lot of events (potentially without luminescence) that would naturally be handled by the switch itself.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                                I stumbled across something interesting. Under the Jasco Switch Multilevel master node controller, go to Z-wave and associations. Delete the existing associations with Homeseer and then add an association with Homeseer with NO destination endpoint. Now you'll note that the motion sensor is displayed properly in Homeseer. Then I changed the occupancy mode to manual. Now the motion sensor does not control and I can program Homeseer as if I had a separate motion detector and dimmer switch.
                                If followed these directions and successfully got everything working with my first 26933. So I bought a second 26933 but for the life of me I can't get the motion on this one to work. Did all the same steps, fixed the associations, set parameter 3 to 1, did a rescan of the node.. still no motion. Tired removing the node, a factory reset (press top switch 10 times), re-added the node, etc.. still no luck. I can control the light remotely no problem but get no motion.

Firmware on the 26933 is the same as my previous unit, 5.27. Only thing I've changed since I added the first unit is I updated my Z-Wave plug-in to the latest beta .184. I was running the production version .130 when I added the first 26933.

Any ideas what I can try next? It should not be this hard to add a device...

Comment

Working...
                                X