InitIO not being called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InitIO not being called

Im running into a strange problem on the latest (435) build of HS. At reboot time all of my plugins (and other plugins) load properly. However if I stop a plugin and restart it many times it sits with a status of "INFO: Plugin start is pending". If I kill a plugin (remote and disconnect it from HS) and try to restart it, the connection to HS is made. Name and AccessLevel is called, but InitIO is never called. If I reboot then InitIO is called again normally. This is on Linux and has made debugging horrific (have to reboot the entire system after any change). Lately one plugin always says "INFO: Plugin start is pending". Ive code reviewed it, I can find no difference in the startup logic vs other plugins, but the system always reports this.

Any pointers on tracking down what might be going on?

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    Im running into a strange problem on the latest (435) build of HS. At reboot time all of my plugins (and other plugins) load properly. However if I stop a plugin and restart it many times it sits with a status of "INFO: Plugin start is pending". If I kill a plugin (remote and disconnect it from HS) and try to restart it, the connection to HS is made. Name and AccessLevel is called, but InitIO is never called. If I reboot then InitIO is called again normally. This is on Linux and has made debugging horrific (have to reboot the entire system after any change). Lately one plugin always says "INFO: Plugin start is pending". Ive code reviewed it, I can find no difference in the startup logic vs other plugins, but the system always reports this.

Any pointers on tracking down what might be going on?
    Sounds like during your debugging you're starting multiple instances of the plugin and one of them is hanging up the other causing the pending state and the other one not to complete InitIO. If you're doing this on Linux there's no need to reboot the system. Look at the process table and see if your plugin is running and how many of them and kill them both off and launch again.

Comment

Nope, the other process has definitely ended. In most cases this is a remote plugin (for testing). Once a plugin starts and dies, HS is connecting and doing its initial probes but still no longer calls InitIO. This change is new with 435.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
        Nope, the other process has definitely ended. In most cases this is a remote plugin (for testing). Once a plugin starts and dies, HS is connecting and doing its initial probes but still no longer calls InitIO. This change is new with 435.
        Dunno. Post about it in the HS3 Update thread. It's still ongoing. I didn't run into this myself.

Comment

Working...
        X