No announcement yet.

Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy I found this email address, don't know if this is what you used or not.

rtlsales@remotec.com.hk <rtlsales@remotec.com.hk>;

Also here is a page I found with some info on the product itself. May be useful.

https://www.remotec.com.hk/wp-conten...6_20151228.pdf

Comment

Two emails and still no response from Remotec. While I like the idea of these remotes, these are going back. It is time to look elsewhere.

EDIT: I just got a reply from Remotec. As usual, the finger pointing begins.

“Sorry for late reply. We have checked your video, and see it acts without issue on the remote, the remote sent correct command but gateway does not trigger scenes, so it is related to gateway setup or implementation, could you please ask for homeseer for correct setup?”.

I really do not feel this answer is correct, since Z-Wave command logging clearly shows only a battery report is sent on the initial press. Since I am unable to know where the problems lie, it is still time to move on.
      Last edited by randy; October 17, 2017, 12:11 PM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

@rprade - Interesting, because I happened to buy an entirely different device https://www.amazon.com/Topvico-Detec...e+water+sensor and all it would report was the battery level when tested.

I did pair it with an Aeotec Z-stick and Domoticz and got more info besides battery level when tested but I gave up on it because it ate batteries overnight. It didn't matter if it worked with one controller and not another at that point.

Maybe there is something weird in HS3. Just throwing it out there.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
          @rprade - Interesting, because I happened to buy an entirely different device https://www.amazon.com/Topvico-Detec...e+water+sensor and all it would report was the battery level when tested.

I did pair it with an Aeotec Z-stick and Domoticz and got more info besides battery level when tested but I gave up on it because it ate batteries overnight. It didn't matter if it worked with one controller and not another at that point.

Maybe there is something weird in HS3. Just throwing it out there.
          It could be. But when both parties point a finger at the other, I feel like I am in the middle of a circular firing squad. I don't have the ability, desire or patience to continue diagnos this. If they get sorted in the future, I will consider buying one again, because the device would be perfect in our living and media rooms.

Comment

Randy, do you have a homeseer smartstick+? If so maybe trying to include this with it connected as a controller may or may not make a difference. I have this controller and as you already know mine works. So I don't know but it is possible that it could make a difference. It might be worth a try.

Racerfern mentioned he tried the z-stick and had better luck. Not sure what all he got to come in, he did not say.

But all I know is it works with the smartstick+ if that is worth anything to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              Randy, do you have a homeseer smartstick+? If so maybe trying to include this with it connected as a controller may or may not make a difference. I have this controller and as you already know mine works. So I don't know but it is possible that it could make a difference. It might be worth a try.

Racerfern mentioned he tried the z-stick and had better luck. Not sure what all he got to come in, he did not say.

But all I know is it works with the SmartStick + if that is worth anything to you.
              I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have a SmartStick + and I no longer have the remote. I doubt one controller would work differently than another since they are all using the same Sigma chips. Even if it works with a SmartStick +, that wouldn't help as I have 3 Z-Nets deployed in a very reliable network. I have no desire to mess with a stable network.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I appreciate the suggestion, but I don't have a SmartStick + and I no longer have the remote. I doubt one controller would work differently than another since they are all using the same Sigma chips. Even if it works with a SmartStick +, that wouldn't help as I have 3 Z-Nets deployed in a very reliable network. I have no desire to mess with a stable network.
                I understand, just one last stab at it. I hate defeat. We can put it to rest for now but I hope we can resolve this in the future.

Comment

I just took delivery of one of these and it added as a Remotec. First I did a reset per instructions and info in this thread, then I added the unit. It appears it is FAD since I am getting logs such as scene set to 4000 or 8003.

I'm curious if users are adding it as a secondary controller or if they are writing events based on the key presses. I know a little about events and absolutely nothing about scenes other than events and linking appear to be more popular that setting scenes, I think.

Current Date/Time: 10/28/2017 19:31:20
                  HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                  System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 26 Minutes 21 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.1.177
                  Number of Devices: 288
                  Number of Events: 75
                  Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  2.0.53.0: BLOnkyo
                  3.0.0.11: CM15A
                  3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
                  1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                  3.0.0.28: MediaController
                  3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                  1.0.0.5: Restart
                  3.0.5.2: SDJ-Health
                  3.0.0.77: weatherXML
                  3.0.1.152: Z-Wave

Comment

I just took delivery of one of these and it added as a Remotec. First I did a reset per instructions and info in this thread, then I added the unit. It appears it is FAD since I am getting logs such as scene set to 4000 or 8003.

I'm curious if users are adding it as a secondary controller or if they are writing events based on the key presses. I know a little about events and absolutely nothing about scenes other than events and linking appear to be more popular that setting scenes, I think.

Current Date/Time: 10/28/2017 19:31:20
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 0 Days 3 Hours 26 Minutes 21 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.1.177
                    Number of Devices: 288
                    Number of Events: 75
                    Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.53.0: BLOnkyo
                    3.0.0.11: CM15A
                    3.0.0.40: EasyTrigger
                    1.1.12.0: Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
                    3.0.0.28: MediaController
                    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                    1.0.0.5: Restart
                    3.0.5.2: SDJ-Health
                    3.0.0.77: weatherXML
                    3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
                    I use events for mine. See pic in post #54. The device list in the UI looks like the pic in post #48.

Comment

Cool. My display looks like yours.

I understand one press and two press, but I don't see how key released would work as you eventually have to let go of a key.

Also key press and hold and eventually release seems to yield two codes. This has potential but is also a bit confusing. Do you see this, @cowinger?

It also seems there are four functions for each key making 32 possibilities.

Comment

I understand one press and two press, but I don't see how key released would work as you eventually have to let go of a key.

Also key press and hold and eventually release seems to yield two codes. This has potential but is also a bit confusing. Do you see this, @cowinger?

While I was never able to get mine working without pressing a key to wake it up, the function of all 8 keys is similar to a HomeSeer switch.

Press once or twice and you will get the appropriate scenes. Key released is only after a press and hold. Another unique aspect of the press and hold is it is the only scene that is active only when you are holding the key, when it is released it will change to key released. Single press and double press scenes will remain until another scene is triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          While I was never able to get mine working without pressing a key to wake it up, the function of all 8 keys is similar to a HomeSeer switch.

Press once or twice and you will get the appropriate scenes. Key released is only after a press and hold. Another unique aspect of the press and hold is it is the only scene that is active only when you are holding the key, when it is released it will change to key released. Single press and double press scenes will remain until another scene is triggered.
                          I guess I should have searched and read before buying one of these. I have been watching to get one cheaper and finally did. . .

I added it like I have with minimotes for years. . .and I got the two devices, but no device status changes like the minimote. I see the changes in the log, but not in the device status itself. . .I saw this get officially listed in the ZWave release notes, so I thought it would be good now. . .

Comment

@Randy, Thanks.

Oct-29 05:34:33 Z-Wave Device: Node 17 Z-Wave Central Scene Set to 7003 press button 7 twice
                            Oct-29 05:34:27 Z-Wave Device: Node 17 Z-Wave Central Scene Set to 7000 press button 7 one time
                            Oct-29 05:34:12 Z-Wave Device: Node 17 Z-Wave Central Scene Set to 7001 release button 7
                            Oct-29 05:33:53 Z-Wave Device: Node 17 Z-Wave Central Scene Set to 7002 hold button 7

I do get four different codes although at this point there appears to be a four or five second delay from the moment of key press until it registers in the log, though that may be of the hops required. I'll keep playing with it. Another forum mentioned a delay possibly because the unit is waiting to see if you press a button the second time but according to the manual that should only be about a one second delay.

So if you need temporary activation, press and hold, then release to deactivate, got it. If you're at 50% on a light, pressing and holding could either dim up or down. You would have to release and press/hold again depending on what you are trying to accomplish. That's like my old X10 dimmers where only half the paddle actually did anything. I don't care for that, oh well.

Comment

@cowinger - I've attached events to some buttons and all is well.

I can actually have one button control both on and off functions (open/close garage door) via just one button press and two events.

However, to execute a scene it appears I would have to add the ZRC as a secondary controller. Would I then lose my buttons that execute events?

Does anyone have this setup for scenes? or better yet scenes and events?

One more note: If for example I press key 5 once and then I press it again, it does not register the second time even though I have the "Do not update ..." box unchecked.

Does anyone know of parameters that can be set?
                              Last edited by racerfern; October 29, 2017, 10:13 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I see in mine. I agree the key released is weird along with press and hold. But is does yield 32 key possibilities as you said.

The only other thing that I noticed is that you will only get a battery report if and when you press a key.

Comment

Working...
                                X