• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willyha View Post
    In step 9:
    9) Edit c:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd:
    - Change the first "goto main" (line 11) to "goto main_logged"
    I am using with "goto main" because there is no "main_logged" in the cmd script, if I change I receive erros and the homebridge do not work.

In step 10:
    10) Add the following line to startup.vb (from your homeseer installation directory), just after "End Sub":
    The startup.vb is in the subdirectory "script", I added this line but I received this error in log:
    Hi Willy,

- Step 9 is not a big issue. The goto main is also fine, but then you have no logging to file.

- Step 10: The line should be added before the "End Sub", not after the "End Sub" (that's an error in my instructions). The last lines should read:
    Code:
        ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
        hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)
    End Sub
    Can you try that?

Edit: I just edited my previous instructions in post #250 (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=250)

Regards,

Erwin
    Last edited by ewillems; August 29, 2016, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
      Hi Willy,

- Step 9 is not a big issue. The goto main is also fine, but then you have no logging to file.

- Step 10: The line should be added before the "End Sub", not after the "End Sub" (that's an error in my instructions). The last lines should read:
      Code:
          ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
          hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)
      End Sub
      Can you try that?

Edit: I just edited my previous instructions in post #250 (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=250)

Regards,

Erwin
      Hi Erwin,
      worked very well.
      Two more question?
      Do we have take care about homebridge updates?
      It is easy to do it?

Thank you so much for your help and time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
        @freeon
        ...Do you have an Apple TV? I have two ... Anyone else had any luck with this??
        Originally posted by freeon View Post
        I do have an apple TV and I believe it does go to sleep. ...and also from what I remember I believe that feature is no longer available.
        Not sure what y'all have but:
        • Homekit only works with AppleTV 3rd gen or higher (get latest tvOS)
        • Need iOS 8 or higher on your iPhone (get latest iOS)
        • On your iPhone, go into Settings -> Homekit and enable, "Use iCloud", then touch your home listed just below that and enable, "Allow Remote Access" (need to be home and connected to your home WiFi to do these things)
        • Enable iCloud account on AppleTV (must be same account used on phone)
        • At this point, "your Apple TV should automatically begin functioning as an overseer of your smart home gear. "
        • BTW: I leave my AppleTV on all the time and never have it go to sleep. When I'm done watching something, I exit out of all apps and turn off my projector.

I have a 4th gen ATV working with a Hue Bridge, an August smart lock and a NEST thermostat via Homebridge. I had a few Homeseer X10 lights configured via the Homebridge-http plugin in Homebridge a day ago, but removed them. Having difficulty getting the Homebridge-homeseer plugin to work in my Raspberry Pi 3 HS installation (Homebridge is running on the same Rpi3). I can check the status of and control all devices at home remotely, over the Internet. I just asked Siri, "What is the status of my front door?" and she said, "The front door is locked." Can't wait until I have all of my Homeseer devices accessible to Siri so she could then say, "The front door is locked AND CLOSED" lol I said, "Hey Siri, turn the keyboard light on" and she said, "Ok, the keyboard light is on". Viewing HS remotely, I saw the keyboard Hue light turn on. (I'm using the JowiHue Homeseer plugin to control Philips Hue lights from Homeseer, not using a Homekit connection between Hue & HS.)
        Last edited by RandyInLA; September 1, 2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I got SIRI working yesterday... until in the evening my HS updated to 3.0.0.297. After the update I am getting "cannot connect to accessory" error messages

Does this mean an updated homeseer.js is needed?
          Thanks,
          jack

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpost View Post
            I got SIRI working yesterday... until in the evening my HS updated to 3.0.0.297. After the update I am getting "cannot connect to accessory" error messages

Thanks,
            jack
            I don't think so. I am running on 3.0.0.293, but if your homekit bridge is running without errors it must be another issue.
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks,
              jack
              Which version of homeseer.js do you have? I'm on HS 297 and everything is still working with homeseer.js for me.

I'm running:
              - node v6.5.0
              - npm v3.10.3
              - HomeBridge 0.3.4 (running on the same Rpi3 as HomeSeer)
              - - - homebridge-nest shim created 12/15/15
              - - - homebridge-homeseer shim v0.10 2015/10/29
              - iPhone 6s iOS 9.3.5 running Home v1.6.6(93)
              - AppleTV 4th gen tvOS 9.2.2 (13Y825)

I upgraded to HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297 (Linux) running on a Rpi3 this morning and spent the rest of the day populating my config.json file. Just finished and everything is working great! Am able to see/control/get statuses of: (3)X10 lights, (9)X10 MS13A Motion Sensors, (2)doors/(5)windows/(2)contact sensors via MS13A dusk/dawn magnetic switch hack, (4)virtual devices configured as "Switch" in config.json.

I don't see an exact version number in the HomeSeer.js file I installed from the homebridge-legacy-plugins via npm, but the last version listed in the release notes at the top of it is "// V0.10 - 2015/10/29"

Comment

Thought homebridge-homeseer shim & JsonConfigForHomekit plugin were the same thing!

Gotta say, I am SO glad I found this thread! For some reason, I thought homebridge-homeseer shim was part of the JsonConfigForHomekit HS plugin... it is NOT! Do yourself a favor and don't install that plugin while first trying to get HomeKit to work with HomeSeer. Get HK->HS working first, and then try the plugin, if you think you need it. (it's purpose is to edit the config.json file for you based on settings you choose on a device's settings page) The biggest hassle I had to overcome was that I was trying to get both working at the same time!! Talk about chasing gremlins and ghosts while troubleshooting! Once I got a single light to work with Siri via homeseer.js using the 'HomeSeer' platform instead of the 'HTTP' one, I decided to buy the plugin...you know, thinking it was the plugin that enabled everything to work, even though the tab for the plugin NEVER showed up on any device page and the path to config.json was hard-coded as "\config.json" (That needs to be changed!!! more below...). About an hour later, it occurred to me I may not need the JsonConfigForHomekit plugin at all... so I disabled it in HS. The light still was controllable via Siri. DOH!

For those who may try the JsonConfigForHomekit plugin that advertises it works on windows AND linux and are able to see the plugin's tab on each device's detail page... On Linux, homebridge wants to see the config.json file in a hidden dir in the user's home dir. So for me, it was, "/home/pi/.homebridge". HS log file threw errors stating that, "/home/pi/.homebridge\config.json file can't be found". The red backslash is not a valid dir delimiter, the file system thinks it's part of the file name. In order to trick the plugin into finding the config file, I added an extra dummy dir name to the plugin path: "/home/pi/.homebridge/config" which made the plugin look for "/home/pi/.homebridge/config\config.json". So I made a symlink with the wrong file name that pointed to the correct file. (don't forget the quotes!)
                Code:
                ~/.homebridge $ ln -s config.json "config\config.json"
                Which resulted in:
                Code:
                pi@homeseer:~/.homebridge $ ls -al
                lrwxrwxrwx  1 pi pi   11 Sep  3 19:05 config\config.json -> config.json
                -rw-r--r--  1 pi pi 3110 Sep  3 14:35 config.json
                If I had simply named the config file "config\config.json", the plugin would find it, but homebridge would not, and vice versa! This was the only way to get homebridge to start without errors AND HS to start without errors. Even though I bought the thing, I have disabled the JsonConfigForHomekit plugin and will remove it before the day is done because the tab for it never shows up in a device's settings page... that, and I have gotten pretty comfortable editing the config.json file directly.

Comment

My homebridge-homeseer shim setup

Huge thank you to Stipus for the homeseer.js homebridge shim and to Askme for starting this thread! Thank you's to everyone who has contributed in various ways! So much great information in these 32 pages leading to so much amazing interaction/control of Siri & Homeseer!!

Since I haven't seen anyone mention MS13A motion sensors, using the motion sensor's dusk-dawn on/off as a door-window open/closed sensor or virtual devices recognized and acted upon in Homekit, below is my current config.json file. NOTE: Though it's been said a few times in this thread, some people didn't notice and still think multiple devices can't have the same name. Notice all the uuid_base names in my config.json file... this allows all of my motion sensors to be named "Motion" and my doors/windows to be named "Door" or "Window" without the Unique UUID homebridge error. I chose to use a camelcasing of the HS room/device name as a unique identifier so I know what it is when I read through the config file. Once I move a Window device into a room called "Living Room" in a HomeKit app, I can say, "Hey Siri, what's the status of the living room window?" and she says, "Your window is closed".
                  Code:
                  {
                      "bridge": {
                          "name":     "HomebridgePi",
                          "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
                          "port":     51926,
                          "pin":      "xxx-xx-xxx"
                      },
                      "platforms": [
                          {
                              "platform": "Nest",
                              "token": "[I]<some_long_assed_token_key_from_nest.com>[/I]"
                  	},
                          {
                              "platform": "HomeSeer",
                              "name":     "HomeSeer",
                              "host":     "[COLOR="red"]http://[/COLOR]<name>[COLOR="Red"]:[/COLOR]<pass>[COLOR="red"]@[/COLOR]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",
                              "accessories": [{"ref":101, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"LivingRoomReclinerLight"},
                                              {"ref":102, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"LivingRoomClosetLight"},
                                              {"ref":103, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"KitchenCabinetLight"},
                                              {"ref":89,  "type":"Door",         "uuid_base":"EntranceDoor"},
                                              {"ref":94,  "type":"Door",         "uuid_base":"BathRoomDoor"},
                                              {"ref":87,  "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"KitchenRefrigeratorDoor"},
                                              {"ref":120, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"LivingRoomWindow"},
                                              {"ref":99,  "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"BathRoomWindow"},
                                              {"ref":109, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"BedRoomWindow"},
                                              {"ref":104, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"WorkAreaWindow"},
                                              {"ref":91,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"EntranceMotion"},
                                              {"ref":96,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"BathRoomMotion"},
                                              {"ref":93,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"ClosetMotion"},
                                              {"ref":90,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"KitchenMotion"},
                                              {"ref":119, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"OutsideFireEscapeMotion"},
                                              {"ref":110, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"ComputerMotion"},
                                              {"ref":107, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"OfficeMotion"},
                                              {"ref":105, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"BedRoomMotion"},
                                              {"ref":100, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"WorkAreaMotion"},
                                              {"ref":108, "type":"ContactSensor","uuid_base":"BedRoomBottomStep"},
                                              {"ref":106, "type":"ContactSensor","uuid_base":"BedRoomTopStep"},
                                              {"ref":23,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"RandyConsciousness", "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"},
                                              {"ref":4,   "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"RandyLocation",      "onValue":"1", "offValue":"2"},
                                              {"ref":19,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"HomeSpeakers",       "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"},
                                              {"ref":27,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"OutsideVisibility",  "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"}
                              ]
                          }
                      ]
                  }
                  For sanity reasons, if you use the uuid_base unique identifier so you can have multiple devices with the same name, enter them one at a time in your config.json file, save, restart homebridge, go into your HomeKit app on your phone and move the device into the appropriate HomeKit room. Go back to config.json, enter another device and repeat. Since they will all have the same name, that's the only way to decipher which device is which from inside a HomeKit app.

The Door HomeKit type isn't right for a door sensor, the way I'm using it. My doors report a status of Open, even when the admin page in HS shows them as closed. I will probably change it to a Switch or Window soon. For whatever reason, the Window HK type works perfect. I DO like how the Door type icon looks in the Home app!

HS Virtual Devices / HS Events / HK Scenes / HK Triggers:
                  The HS virtual device, "RandyConsciousness" shows up in HomeKit as a Switch named, "Consciousness" that I leave in the default HomeKit "home" which I named, "Apartment" in HomeKit. It's not moved into a specific room. I did this because since the home is called "Apartment", it's the first group at the top of my Services list in Home. So now all of my virtual devices are the first thing I see on the Services page. In HS, Consciousness keeps track if I'm Sleeping or Awake. If asleep and doors/windows/certain motion go off, then an HS event can sound an alarm and turn on lights etc. For using the built-in HomeKit scene named, "Good Night", I don't have to say, "Hey Siri, Good Night". I can say a variety of phrases like, "Hey Siri, I'm going to bed" or "Hey Siri, I'm going to sleep" which somehow resolves in Siri to "Good Night" and calls the scene. Using the Home app on my iPhone, I added a single action to that scene that changes the HK Consciousness Switch power state to 'off' (sends value 0, "Asleep" in HS), which HS then notices and runs an event to turn off lights, turn off media players, turn off the projector and mute my speakers. I don't have direct control of my August lock from within HS (will add a virtual device in HS just to allow Siri to store the changed state soon), but since it is connected directly to HomeKit via bluetooth on my AppleTV, when the "Good Night" scene changes Consciousness to a power state of "off", I added a trigger in Home that looks for Consciousness to change from on to off that triggers another HomeKit scene I created called, "Lock The Door" that only changes the August lock to Secured. It fires and my front door locks, separate from any HS events, but still happens at the same time.

If I get up in the middle of the night, the top rung of my bed's ladder has a pressure switch that changes my consciousness to Awake. If it's the middle of the night when that happens, I can have HS turn on a few lights as dim as possible so I don't stub my toe on the way to the bathroom. On the way back to bed, I can have HS check that the bottom rung pressure was triggered, then the top rung, and automatically set consciousness back to Sleeping in 1 minute, which re-arms the apartment.

"RandyLocation" is actually the Home/Away device the NEST plugin for Homeseer added to HS. On the HS device settings page, I moved it into a room called Randy, named it Location and changed it's device type to "Status" in the Advanced tab. "Home" value = 1, "Away" value = 2. It has "Unknown" and "Auto-Away" values, but I don't use them. In HomeKit, it shows up as a Switch named "Location" that I leave in the "Apartment". When I leave my apartment, I can say, "Hey Siri, I'm leaving" and that triggers the built-in HomeKit scene named, "I'm Leaving" (not sure if this scene is really a HomeKit default or if it appeared when I connected the August smart lock or not, but I can't delete it). I added a single action in that scene to change Location's power state to "Off". In HS, that triggers an HS event to do stuff (mute speakers, turn off lights, set motion alert on Foscam cameras etc.). In HK, a trigger notices Location changed to 'off' and fires the HK scene, "Lock The Door". When I arrive back home, I say, "Hey Siri, I'm home" and the reverse happens. HK scene, "I'm Home" changes Location's power state to 'on', which an HK trigger notices and fires the "Unlock The Door" scene. In HS, I disable motion alarms... motion and door opening in the entrance turns on the entrance light and (eventually) will run the Text To Speech, "Welcome home" out of the entrance speaker.

Here's a screenshot of the top of my Services page in the Home HomeKit app and the same devices in the HS admin page:

As much money, time and effort that I've put into getting hardware, installing updates, configuring, hacking, troubleshooting this system, I just now feel like I'm getting started I love the Siri integration, but have a few XAP800 audio matrices & a fistful of mics to setup and I recently got the ivona.com Text To Speech working with HS. Can't wait to configure my "J.A.R.V.I.S." interaction. If my location is Away, then all HS TTS could be forwarded as an attachment to a WhatsApp sort of thing on the phone. HS & Jarvis (and Siri) control would be everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyInLA View Post
                    Huge thank you to Stipus for the homeseer.js homebridge shim and to Askme for starting this thread! Thank you's to everyone who has contributed in various ways! So much great information in these 32 pages leading to so much amazing interaction/control of Siri & Homeseer!!

Since I haven't seen anyone mention MS13A motion sensors, using the motion sensor's dusk-dawn on/off as a door-window open/closed sensor or virtual devices recognized and acted upon in Homekit, below is my current config.json file. NOTE: Though it's been said a few times in this thread, some people didn't notice and still think multiple devices can't have the same name. Notice all the uuid_base names in my config.json file... this allows all of my motion sensors to be named "Motion" and my doors/windows to be named "Door" or "Window" without the Unique UUID homebridge error. I chose to use a camelcasing of the HS room/device name as a unique identifier so I know what it is when I read through the config file. Once I move a Window device into a room called "Living Room" in a HomeKit app, I can say, "Hey Siri, what's the status of the living room window?" and she says, "Your window is closed".
                    Code:
                    {
                        "bridge": {
                            "name":     "HomebridgePi",
                            "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
                            "port":     51926,
                            "pin":      "xxx-xx-xxx"
                        },
                        "platforms": [
                            {
                                "platform": "Nest",
                                "token": "[I]<some_long_assed_token_key_from_nest.com>[/I]"
                    },
                            {
                                "platform": "HomeSeer",
                                "name":     "HomeSeer",
                                "host":     "[COLOR="red"]http://[/COLOR]<name>[COLOR="Red"]:[/COLOR]<pass>[COLOR="red"]@[/COLOR]xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",
                                "accessories": [{"ref":101, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"LivingRoomReclinerLight"},
                                                {"ref":102, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"LivingRoomClosetLight"},
                                                {"ref":103, "type":"Lightbulb",    "uuid_base":"KitchenCabinetLight"},
                                                {"ref":89,  "type":"Door",         "uuid_base":"EntranceDoor"},
                                                {"ref":94,  "type":"Door",         "uuid_base":"BathRoomDoor"},
                                                {"ref":87,  "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"KitchenRefrigeratorDoor"},
                                                {"ref":120, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"LivingRoomWindow"},
                                                {"ref":99,  "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"BathRoomWindow"},
                                                {"ref":109, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"BedRoomWindow"},
                                                {"ref":104, "type":"Window",       "uuid_base":"WorkAreaWindow"},
                                                {"ref":91,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"EntranceMotion"},
                                                {"ref":96,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"BathRoomMotion"},
                                                {"ref":93,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"ClosetMotion"},
                                                {"ref":90,  "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"KitchenMotion"},
                                                {"ref":119, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"OutsideFireEscapeMotion"},
                                                {"ref":110, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"ComputerMotion"},
                                                {"ref":107, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"OfficeMotion"},
                                                {"ref":105, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"BedRoomMotion"},
                                                {"ref":100, "type":"MotionSensor", "uuid_base":"WorkAreaMotion"},
                                                {"ref":108, "type":"ContactSensor","uuid_base":"BedRoomBottomStep"},
                                                {"ref":106, "type":"ContactSensor","uuid_base":"BedRoomTopStep"},
                                                {"ref":23,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"RandyConsciousness", "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"},
                                                {"ref":4,   "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"RandyLocation",      "onValue":"1", "offValue":"2"},
                                                {"ref":19,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"HomeSpeakers",       "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"},
                                                {"ref":27,  "type":"Switch",       "uuid_base":"OutsideVisibility",  "onValue":"1", "offValue":"0"}
                                ]
                            }
                        ]
                    }
                    For sanity reasons, if you use the uuid_base unique identifier so you can have multiple devices with the same name, enter them one at a time in your config.json file, save, restart homebridge, go into your HomeKit app on your phone and move the device into the appropriate HomeKit room. Go back to config.json, enter another device and repeat. Since they will all have the same name, that's the only way to decipher which device is which from inside a HomeKit app.

The Door HomeKit type isn't right for a door sensor, the way I'm using it. My doors report a status of Open, even when the admin page in HS shows them as closed. I will probably change it to a Switch or Window soon. For whatever reason, the Window HK type works perfect. I DO like how the Door type icon looks in the Home app!

HS Virtual Devices / HS Events / HK Scenes / HK Triggers:
                    The HS virtual device, "RandyConsciousness" shows up in HomeKit as a Switch named, "Consciousness" that I leave in the default HomeKit "home" which I named, "Apartment" in HomeKit. It's not moved into a specific room. I did this because since the home is called "Apartment", it's the first group at the top of my Services list in Home. So now all of my virtual devices are the first thing I see on the Services page. In HS, Consciousness keeps track if I'm Sleeping or Awake. If asleep and doors/windows/certain motion go off, then an HS event can sound an alarm and turn on lights etc. For using the built-in HomeKit scene named, "Good Night", I don't have to say, "Hey Siri, Good Night". I can say a variety of phrases like, "Hey Siri, I'm going to bed" or "Hey Siri, I'm going to sleep" which somehow resolves in Siri to "Good Night" and calls the scene. Using the Home app on my iPhone, I added a single action to that scene that changes the HK Consciousness Switch power state to 'off' (sends value 0, "Asleep" in HS), which HS then notices and runs an event to turn off lights, turn off media players, turn off the projector and mute my speakers. I don't have direct control of my August lock from within HS (will add a virtual device in HS just to allow Siri to store the changed state soon), but since it is connected directly to HomeKit via bluetooth on my AppleTV, when the "Good Night" scene changes Consciousness to a power state of "off", I added a trigger in Home that looks for Consciousness to change from on to off that triggers another HomeKit scene I created called, "Lock The Door" that only changes the August lock to Secured. It fires and my front door locks, separate from any HS events, but still happens at the same time.

If I get up in the middle of the night, the top rung of my bed's ladder has a pressure switch that changes my consciousness to Awake. If it's the middle of the night when that happens, I can have HS turn on a few lights as dim as possible so I don't stub my toe on the way to the bathroom. On the way back to bed, I can have HS check that the bottom rung pressure was triggered, then the top rung, and automatically set consciousness back to Sleeping in 1 minute, which re-arms the apartment.

"RandyLocation" is actually the Home/Away device the NEST plugin for Homeseer added to HS. On the HS device settings page, I moved it into a room called Randy, named it Location and changed it's device type to "Status" in the Advanced tab. "Home" value = 1, "Away" value = 2. It has "Unknown" and "Auto-Away" values, but I don't use them. In HomeKit, it shows up as a Switch named "Location" that I leave in the "Apartment". When I leave my apartment, I can say, "Hey Siri, I'm leaving" and that triggers the built-in HomeKit scene named, "I'm Leaving" (not sure if this scene is really a HomeKit default or if it appeared when I connected the August smart lock or not, but I can't delete it). I added a single action in that scene to change Location's power state to "Off". In HS, that triggers an HS event to do stuff (mute speakers, turn off lights, set motion alert on Foscam cameras etc.). In HK, a trigger notices Location changed to 'off' and fires the HK scene, "Lock The Door". When I arrive back home, I say, "Hey Siri, I'm home" and the reverse happens. HK scene, "I'm Home" changes Location's power state to 'on', which an HK trigger notices and fires the "Unlock The Door" scene. In HS, I disable motion alarms... motion and door opening in the entrance turns on the entrance light and (eventually) will run the Text To Speech, "Welcome home" out of the entrance speaker.

Here's a screenshot of the top of my Services page in the Home HomeKit app and the same devices in the HS admin page:

As much money, time and effort that I've put into getting hardware, installing updates, configuring, hacking, troubleshooting this system, I just now feel like I'm getting started I love the Siri integration, but have a few XAP800 audio matrices & a fistful of mics to setup and I recently got the ivona.com Text To Speech working with HS. Can't wait to configure my "J.A.R.V.I.S." interaction. If my location is Away, then all HS TTS could be forwarded as an attachment to a WhatsApp sort of thing on the phone. HS & Jarvis (and Siri) control would be everywhere!

I'm currently using Ivona text to speech with an app called Zello.
                    I fed the speaker output of the HS server back into the microphone input and played with the levels. Then I added the Zello app to my phone. So now I get TTS wheareaver I am. It announces things like "someone is at the front door" just like J.A.R.V.I.S when the doorbell button is pushed. I also use it to announce when the security system gets armed or disarmed or alarms come in.

Zello has a VOX mode on the pc app so it just sends the voice to the mobile app on my phone as soon as sound comes out of the output. The mobile app is like a Nextel phone. So it just starts broadcasting whatever the TTS is speaking. Pretty cool in my opinion.
                    Here's the link.

https://zello.com/app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks,
                      jack
                      Hi Jack,
                      Same problem after the upgrade. I did not find a solution yet. Anybody found a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
                        I'm currently using Ivona text to speech with an app called Zello.
                        I fed the speaker output of the HS server back into the microphone input and played with the levels. Then I added the Zello app to my phone. So now I get TTS wheareaver I am. It announces things like "someone is at the front door" just like J.A.R.V.I.S when the doorbell button is pushed. I also use it to announce when the security system gets armed or disarmed or alarms come in.

Zello has a VOX mode on the pc app so it just sends the voice to the mobile app on my phone as soon as sound comes out of the output. The mobile app is like a Nextel phone. So it just starts broadcasting whatever the TTS is speaking. Pretty cool in my opinion.
                        Here's the link.

https://zello.com/app
                        Very cool. Thanks for the info, Tommy. I used to use a Motorola push-to-talk radio years ago. Sounds like Zello could be perfect for a Jarvis-type remote interface.

Last night, when I said, "Hey Siri, I'm going to sleep" and then this morning when I said, "Hey Siri, I'm awake", she gave Homekit-related responses I've never heard before. She said something along the lines of, "...your home is tucked in for a good night's sleep" and "...your home is ready to face the day." Total paraphrasing, but that was the gist of her replies.

I setup one of the Gentner XAP 800 audio matrices today and am spending the rest of Labor Day weekend concentrating on downloading the software and getting familiar with it. I've renamed my "Location" status to be "Presence" and it's values are still just "Home" or "Away", since it's linked to the NEST. This is still great for simple, "execute this script only if I am home" or "execute this script if I am home and this other script if I am away" logic. I then created a new status named "Location" that will track which room I am in at home, based on the output of the XAP 800, which knows where I am based on which microphone I speak into. It will also redirect all audio from HS to the speakers at my current location. In the future, I'd like to expand Location to include knowing when I'm in my car or at work etc. I don't think Siri on macOS Sierra will be Homekit enabled at first, but when it is, then I could route Siri's voice alongside Ivona's.

I finally created a HS virtual device to control the motion alert of my Foscam fi9831p cam. Got tired of being tied to a cam schedule that doesn't know when I get off work early or have a sick day. When I walk outside my apartment, I feel silly giving Siri a command via voice in my hallway, so I added two Home scenes to my phone's lock screen: "I'm Leaving" & "I'm Home." As soon as the door closes, I touch the I'm Leaving scene which locks the door & changes the HS Presence status to "Away". HS senses the Presence change and executes a CGI command to the Foscam, enabling motion detection & sets the Speakers status to Muted (will check the Speakers status whenever I route audio through the XAP 800).

I hope Homekit comes up with some new item types soon. Like, more generic containers for various forms of data. When trying to map my Location status to HK, Lightbulb or Fan might allow for multiple values, but I dislike that they are now viewed as a light or fan and could be grouped with "all lights" commands. The Switch seems more neutral to the type of thing I am tracking, but it is limited to two values. I have an Apple dev account so might go looking for inside info re:Homekit.

Might be fun to see if I can get an Ivona voice to execute a command to Siri. Don't want to duplicate what she already does via Homebridge-homeseer. "Jarvis, ask Siri to lock the door"

Comment

Originally posted by willyha View Post
                          Hi Jack,
                          Same problem after the upgrade. I did not find a solution yet. Anybody found a solution?
                          Hi Willyha,

I got my HS to work with SIRI again after performing a restore Homekit configuration (in general settings IPad) and then re-configured MyTouchHome on my iPad...at least I assume this is what did the trick after trying so much things...

Hope this helps you anyway to get your SIRI back on track as this plugin provides amazing capabilities, can't wait till Wednesday as I think time has arrived to get me an Iwatch.

Thanks to all who supported

jack

Comment

Hi Willyha,

I got my HS to work with SIRI again after performing a restore Homekit configuration (in general settings IPad) and then re-configured MyTouchHome on my iPad...at least I assume this is what did the trick after trying so much things...

Hope this helps you anyway to get your SIRI back on track as this plugin provides amazing capabilities, can't wait till Wednesday as I think time has arrived to get me an Iwatch.

Thanks to all who supported

jack
                            HI Jack,
                            your suggestion worked for me to. I delete the homekit config, then reconfig and worked. Thanks for your suggestion.
                            It is working very well again.

Comment

Hi Stipus,

Do you have time and is it possible to add the new supported iOS 10 accessories to the HomeKit bridge?

Like there is now:
                              - Camera support
                              - Doorbell support
                              - Air conditioners
                              - Air purifiers
                              Attached Files
                              Regards,

Rien du Pre
                              The Netherlands
                              Using:
                              Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                              Plugin's:
                              RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Should I be able to see device status changes?

I spent a couple of hours reading every post in this thread and spent this morning getting the homebridge up and running with a single device. I can "sort of" control a lamp. It's a Z-Wave PD-100 module and I had to add "onValue":"99" and "offValue":"0" to get HS to turn it on and off but "Brightness" seemed to work from the get go.

I've noticed that when I turn the lamp on the brightness remains at 0%. If the device is off and I slide the brightness from 0% to 100% the lamp turns on but the status still says "OFF". Also, when the lamp is controlled from some other controller the status change isn't reflected on my iPad. I'm using Elgato Eve on the iPad in case that's important.

Please let me know if additional info is needed?

Thanks,
                                Ken
                                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                                X