Aqua connect wireless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aqua connect wireless

Is there any chance the plugin can be made to work with the Aqua connect wireless controller AQCOHOMENET?

Thanks

Great question. Unfortunately, multiple attempts to contact Hayward and offer to adapt my plugin for HomeSeer to cover their wireless product if they allow me access to their TCP/IP API have went unanswered. Someone with the proper equipment could reverse engineer the API (less than ideal), but since I do not have the AQCOHOMENET, I have not attempted it. So, unless something changes, for now the answer is no.

Comment

Any movement on the AqcohomeNET? I have the Serial and it works fine, however, i am trying to go all IP based and get rid of the Serial connections.

Comment

I gave up trying to get a response. If someone here has connections with Hayward and can get something moving, I would be happy to try and work on it.

Depending on what you are trying to do, you may be able to use Global Cache ip to serial or wifi to serial products. I used the ip to serial with my setup.

Regards,

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I did just purchase the Aquaconnect and it works fine and i could expose it to the Internet for access outside the home, however there is no security; its wide open. So, i think that will be a no-go, however, Mister2t if you would like my home IP address i can place the unit on a specific port if you would like to see the interface or craft an IP redirect into your plugin. I am curious, which Global Cache unit are you using and is there a link on setup with your Plug-in?

Comment

You could avoid exposing the Aquaconnect to the internet and instead connect to your local subnet using a VPN connection. That way you could connect to it after connecting to your router's vpn.

I used IP2SL (https://www.globalcache.com/products/itach/ip2slspecs/). I think they sell a wireless version as well. I also used a virtual serial port software program (http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html) which I used to connect the computer to the IP2SL while simulating a serial port connection.

Comment

I am trying you suggested Global Cache setup. Bought the IP2SL and download the eterlogic software and i am stumped with the setup. I looks like the serial device uses port 9131 and i tried creating the TCP Client device but no go. Is that the correct one to use? Need some expert assistance please.

Comment

Wait, i did more googling..... Found this and it worked!! Thanks for the suggestion as your serial interface works better than Haywards Pay-as-you-go setup.
                https://globalcache.zendesk.com/hc/e...tual-COM-port-

Comment

Wohoo!!! Happy to hear you got it working! Glad you posted the instructions you found...will be a good reference for others who have the same question in the future!

You may want to test how you can have the virtual com port software automatically load upon reboot. If I recall, I just added the VSP configuration file to my windows startup folder and it worked like a champ.

Comment

I bought the Aqua Connect interface and I have a HomeTroller-SEL. Would I be able to use an IP2SL interface with the HomeTroller?

Comment

You would have to find a virtual serial port software program that runs on linux in order to communicate with the IP2SL as if it was a serial port on the HomeTroller.

This page has a good overview of what you would need. It is called a virtual serial port client for linux. http://www.bh-automation.com/Resourc...rial-port.html

This makes reference to a linux command "socat" which sounds like it might do what is needed. Here is an example usage I found with google.
                      socat pty,link=/dev/virtualcom0,raw tcp:192.168.254.254:8080&

socat creates TCP connection to 192.168.254.254:8080, so that everything, that will be written to /dev/virtualcom0 will be forwarded to 192.168.254.254:8080 and vice versa.

I have not tried this myself. But in theory would could just adjust the example above to connect the the tcp address and port of your IP2SL (example something like "192.168.1.x:4999") You would also have to setup the plugin to use the virtual serial port created by the socat command above.

No guarantees, but I hope this is enough to get you pointed in the right direction. If anyone else out there has already tackled this scenario...please jump in with your experience.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. Upon thinking about further, I may be able to just use the home Cat5e network cable near my PL-PS-8 as a direct RS-485 cable to the Aqua Connect that would sit next to my HomeTroller. The Cat5e cable run is probably about 125 feet, which is more than the Aqua Connect manual calls for, but hopefully will work. The HomeTroller-SEL doesn't have a RS-232 for the connection from the Aqua Connect to the HomeTroller, but I'd just use a RS-232 to USB converter cable. Thoughts?

Comment

Sounds like good plan to me. Can't hurt to give it a shot. Fingers crossed...Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Using the Cat5e as the RS-485 cable as well as the USB to serial converter worked! The drivers for the Trendnet TU-S9 USB to Serial converter are already installed in the HomeTroller-SEL. Nice plug-in - thanks!

Comment

Glad it worked out...enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X