Odd message in log ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd message in log ...

1st. sorry to hear that the people over at RFXCOM gave you a hassle about adding there stuff to your plugin.. I don't think they thought it tough correctly other software means more hardware sales (Money !!) .. Competition increases sales and creativity.. On HS2 I am using one solution for three RF inputs and it is working well now it appears as I go over to HS3 I am going to need two solutions, just stinks..
    Any way I am seeing this message in my log a lot "SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: 1 ON" it's not a problem just thought I would note it.. is this cause by some devices only send number codes after the 1st. transmission ?? I thought only that
    PLC devices did that,, don't the RF devices always send house code and number codes as pairs ???

Thanks

Thanks for your understand about the lack of RFXCOM support. I thought about releasing it despite their objections, but even though I thought they had no legal grounds to stop me - why bother? I don't want to waste my time defending against (IMO) frivolous lawsuits. Life is too short for that nonsense.

About the other issue with the house codes. That had me stumped for a bit because I was reviewing my code for the W800 receiver and it isn't possible with that receiver. Once I realized you had the MR26A receiver (which I use too, awesome little thing) it became clear. Due to the differences between the two receivers they use slightly different logic to perform the same goal. For the MR26A receiver I use a lookup table to determine the housecode based on the received data.

It was likely an oversight on my part that still fired an event if the data received didn't match a known house code. I might have had a reason for doing so, but if I did I forgot that reason :P

Most likely the signal you received from the receiver was corrupted before it received it. Could have been a number of reasons: interference, failing device sending the signal, device too far away, etc. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start noticing problems with an RF device.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me ,, I didn't think it was an issue. I'm still on there wire antenna I know it will be just fine when i mod. the antenna..

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X