No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that this app is not a replacement for hstouch and does not use configs.

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
    I'd really like to see the app switch seamlessly between using the local LAN and MyHS. The Imperihome App does it great on my Android phone, so I never really have to worry about switching between LAN and WAN when I'm not home.

Also, a way to copy over configs between devices would be great. That way I can set things up and then copy them over to my wifes phone. Now, if there were a way to keep the config locally on the phone, but pull up an updated config from the HS server when there was one available, that would be awesome.

G
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
      Notifications and geo-fencing please

I've seen in a few places that these are road-mapped but will not be included in the initial release. I'm just commenting here to add my vote that these features be made a priority!

Not to be pedantic, but, PHLocation and Pushover?
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Not to be pedantic, but, PHLocation and Pushover?
        There's also Life360

Comment

Any idea of an estimated date of release?

Thanks
          Jim

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

Thanks

Jim

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
              Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
              Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

Thanks
                Jim
                Can't give you an ETA just yet but it's receiving 8 hours of dedicated work every week day. We will post when we're ready to roll out a beta this summer.
                Last edited by rjh; May 23, 2018, 04:21 AM.

Comment

I assume this will run on the HS Tabletop controllers?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Can't give you an ETA just yet but it's receiving 8 hours of dedicated work every week day. We will post when we're ready to roll out a beta this summer.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Hi,

One thing I would really like to see for this, is correct use of SSL encryption.

Placing the HS3 web GUI behind an SSL offload proxy has worked well for me and allows remote access without MyHS.

Doing the same for HSTouch hasn't worked out. HSTouch doesn't seem to use HTTP communications and won't allow itself to be proxied, or at least doesn't support SSL encryption.

Please ensure access to the HomeSeer Mobile backend can be wrappered by an SSL reverse proxy for those that don't wish to use MyHS.
                      Last edited by Fellhahn; May 25, 2018, 01:22 AM.

Comment

@rjh
                        ... adding something (** below) I dont think anyone has yet mentioned, interested in your thoughts.

I've used over a dozen mobile apps made for HA. Mid-2002 I created/shared HACT (screenshots attached); my own customizable web UI for HS 1.x.
                        In 2002 I was one of the few people in the world, literally, with a wireless Wifi 8" touchscreen, running Windows CE (Siemens SimPad SL4 - WinCE 4.1, 800x600 resistive touch screen)

** One thing no app has which can set Homeseer apart is 'Action State Questions'. There should be a way to take Action (make a decision to/not do something) based on a state of a device or event in HS.

Example:
                        Homeseer vDevice 'Home Geofence' changes from "not near" to "near" ... the mobile app should popup a questions asking you if you want to 'Unlock Front Door' or 'Open Garage 1' or 'Do Nothing'
                        -- Action State Questions should be configurable in HS, not the mobile app
                        -- user assigned to one or more devices (like Pushover does)

Other than the above, IMO this answer to what is needed for HS is simple... make a better version of Imperihome.

If you duplicate Imperihome's UI functionality (not other apps it supports) and improve ~10%, it would simply kill any app on the market.
                        With Imperihome, I can make a custom dashboard with 10 screens that does 98% of what I want to see status and control. I have 5 devices - 2 phones & 3 mounted tablets and can use different settings/configs (starting screens, passwords, etc). I can also do it 10x faster with Imperihome than with HSTouch.

Its really only needs more customization ability in dashboard layouts (placement of 'widgets', icon states, and a few other small things). Action Tiles does a better job with this.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Geofencing would be nice: although even just having the app push the location of connected devices and error rate to a Homeseer device would be great. Scripts could just run the Haversine formula to do the geofencing locally.
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                            Geofencing would be nice: although even just having the app push the location of connected devices and error rate to a Homeseer device would be great. Scripts could just run the Haversine formula to do the geofencing locally.

the free Yet Another Mobile App has Geofencing. YAMA is 100x better than the free HStouch app just for UI and navigation but I havent yet tried Geofencing with it.

HST could have simply licensed YAMA and expanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                              Hi,

One thing I would really like to see for this, is correct use of SSL encryption.

Placing the HS3 web GUI behind an SSL offload proxy has worked well for me and allows remote access without MyHS.

Doing the same for HSTouch hasn't worked out. HSTouch doesn't seem to use HTTP communications and won't allow itself to be proxied, or at least doesn't support SSL encryption.

Please ensure access to the HomeSeer Mobile backend can be wrappered by an SSL reverse proxy for those that don't wish to use MyHS.

I feel the same way.

Comment

I don't understand this request? Do you want the HS3 web server to support SSL? You can enable that on the Labs tab if you want to try it. There are many issues getting this to work related to certificates, so the average user would have problems with it.

Why not just use MyHS, its free and has been very reliable and uses SSL. We have added redundancy to it and will be adding even more servers.

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                                I feel the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X