Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer does not detect devices responding to "ALL OFF" "ALL ON" from RemoteLinc

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer does not detect devices responding to "ALL OFF" "ALL ON" from RemoteLinc

I Recently purchased a RemoteLinc 2440 for remote control of bedrooms lamps.
    I programmed the buttons #1 and #2 on the RemoteLinc to control lamps (LampLinc) on either side of the bed which seems to work great. But when I use the special "ALL ON" or "ALL OFF" buttons from the RemoteLinc, the lamps respond to these commands, but HomeSeer does not detect the lamps switching states.

I am not sure what I am missing to get HomeSeer to recognize the "ALL ON" and "ALL OFF" buttons on the RemoteLinc.

I am using HomeSeer Pro 2.3 and am using the included Insteon PLM plug-in.

please turn on detailed logging and post a few log entries of what is captured by hs when you press either button
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

These are the entries created in the HS log when I pressed "ALL OFF", then "ALL ON" from the RemoteLinc #2440. The corresponding LampLinc modules responds to these commands. But HS does not reflect the states of the LampLinc devices.

I think I am missing something fundamental here. Do I need to use Groups or program the devices differently?

=== Begin fragment of the event log ===
      12/22/2011 9:11:36 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 11 AC 0B 00 00 FF C7 14 00 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[11.AC.0B] Dst[--.--.--] {Grp Brdcst} Cmd1: Go OFF Fast Cmd2: 00
      12/22/2011 9:11:37 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec): Debouncing repeat.
      12/22/2011 9:12:44 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 11 AC 0B 00 00 FF C7 12 00 - Event: New msg for PLM, Src[11.AC.0B] Dst[--.--.--] {Grp Brdcst} Cmd1: Go ON fast Cmd2: 00
      12/22/2011 9:12:45 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec): Debouncing repeat.
      12/22/2011 9:12:45 PM Insteon PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec): Debouncing repeat.

=== End fragment of event log ===

Comment

thanks for posting the log.

I see what is happening. when you linked the remotelinc to the lamplinc (manually i guess), the remotelinc created a Group link (in the lamplincs) that corresponds to the all on/all off btns.

since hs isn't aware of this internal group, it ignores these msgs.

I'll have to do a little testing and see if i can get hs to mimic these internal groups.

I don't think a hs group will help at this point
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

so i added a 7th button to the remotelinc setup, called "All" so the plugin can track the use of the All On and All Off buttons.

I then manually linked an RL btn to a kpl. I then reread the links of the kpl and i don't see a link to the All btn in the kpl. I'm looking for a link from the RL to another device that uses group 255 (FF). I think this is how the RL controls 'all' the linked devices, but i'm not seeing the link in my test kpl.

can you post the link table from one device that you have linked to one of the btns on the RL. I would also like to see the link table for the RL.

thanks
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark, thanks for looking into this...

Here is the link table for my RemoteLink
            ==============================
            Link #1 Button 1 controls Master Lamp 1 (12.09.AC)
            Link #2 Button 2 controls Master Lamp 2 (12.05.F2)
            Link #3 Button 3 controls Master Ceiling Light (12.53.1C)
            Link #4 Button 1 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
            Link #5 Button 2 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
            Link #6 Button 3 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
            Link #7 Button 4 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
            Link #8 Button 5 has local control reporting to HomeSeer
            Link #9 Button 6 has local control reporting to HomeSeer

Here is the link table from the LampLinc V2 linked to Button 1
            =============================================

Link #1 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - Command: On
            Link #3 Outlet is controlled by HomeSeer using PLM Database Link #254 HomeSeer 'All Devices Group' - On Level 100%, Ramp Rate .1 Sec.
            Link #2 Outlet is controlled by House RemoteLinc Button 1 (11.AC.0B) using Insteon Link #1 - Command: On

Comment

thanks for the post. mine look similar.

I have an email into SH on this as well.

my goal would be to have the plugin update the status of any device linked to the RL when you press the All On/All Off, but i
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ok, so here is the skinny...

The all off/on btn uses group number 255 as a wildcard for turn all linked devices on/off

so i should be able to use the all on/off msg to update the linked devices

I'll add this to the next version
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark.
                  Looking forward to the update.

Comment

Working...
                  X