• Show
Clear All

IFTTT Plug-in - Beta Testing

Ha. Posts crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cheeryfool

Comment

I just purchased. The registration isn't working. I spoke to Tyler on the HelpDesk who escalated to engineering. Anyone else having the same problem, please reference my HelpDesk ticket: 446CBF

cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        I just purchased. The registration isn't working. I spoke to Tyler on the HelpDesk who escalated to engineering. Anyone else having the same problem, please reference my HelpDesk ticket: 446CBF
        I have emailed Rich about this issue, the problem has been identified, it should be fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I have emailed Rich about this issue, the problem has been identified, it should be fixed soon.

Problem now resolved thanks. I closed the HelpDesk ticket too.

cheeryfool

Comment

iftttconfig error

Hi Spud,

I tried installing your plugin. installation as described in the manual but when I click in IFTTT config page I only see the message: Error in the browser. When I check the hslog I see these errors:

I'm using the Linux version. Any idea what went wrong?

Mar-26 9:55:55 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            Mar-26 9:55:06 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            Mar-26 9:52:53 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            Mar-26 9:52:42 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
            Mar-26 9:52:41 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Comment

Originally posted by zigmund View Post
              Hi Spud,

I tried installing your plugin. installation as described in the manual but when I click in IFTTT config page I only see the message: Error in the browser. When I check the hslog I see these errors:

I'm using the Linux version. Any idea what went wrong?

Mar-26 9:55:55 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Mar-26 9:55:06 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Mar-26 9:52:53 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Mar-26 9:52:42 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              Mar-26 9:52:41 PM IFTTT ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object
              in IFTTT.ini in the Config folder add the following lines:

Code:
              [GENERAL]
              log_level=Debug
              then restart the plugin, wait a few seconds before going to the config page. Then please post all the logs.

also are you running version 3.0.0.1 or 3.0.0.0?

Comment

error message

Thanks for your quick reply. I installed version 3.0.0.1 using the installer.

this is the error message in the hslog

Code:
                Mar-26 10:30:33 PM	  	 IFTTT	 DEBUG at RestSharp.RestClient..ctor (System.String baseUrl) [0x00000] in {0x3C}filename unknown{0x3E}:0 {0xA} at DropNet.DropNetClient.LoadClient () [0x00000] in {0x3C}filename unknown{0x3E}:0 {0xA} at DropNet.DropNetClient..ctor (System.String apiKey, System.String appSecret, AuthenticationMethod authenticationMethod) [0x00000] in {0x3C}filename unknown{0x3E}:0 {0xA} at HSPI_IFTTT.IFTTTApp.{0x3C}Init{0x3E}b__2 () [0x00000] in {0x3C}filename unknown{0x3E}:0
                Mar-26 10:30:33 PM	  	 IFTTT	 ERROR A type load exception has occurred.

Comment

linux libraries?

I guess you are using some specific linux libraries ?
                  I use debian linux, only a minimal installation with the required packages for homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by zigmund View Post
                    I guess you are using some specific linux libraries ?
                    I use debian linux, only a minimal installation with the required packages for homeseer.
                    this plugin use DropNet.dll and RestSharp.dll which are installed by the updater in bin/IFTTT.
                    everything works for me on my Ubuntu machine, and another user has reported that it worked for him on Linux as well.

for you it seems to be a problem when loading RestSharp.dll

to get more detailed logs could you modify the HomeSeer go script like this:

Code:
                    export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
                    sudo MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug mono HSConsole.exe --log
                    then restart HS, then restart IFTTT plugin and post the logs written to the console.

Comment

iftttconfig page fixed!

Hi Spud,

I managed to fix the problem. checking the mono debug log (see attachment) I noticed
                      system.xml.linq was missing. After

sudo apt-get install libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil the problem was fixed!

Then I had some trouble authorizing dropbox. (see exeption error message) I opened the IFFT manage plugin page, clicked on authorize dropbox. After disabling and re-enabling the plugin, the authorization went succesfull.

The plugin is now reading the dropbox public folder. I will do some more tests but it is looking good. Thanks.

Code:
                      ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown.
                      3/27/2014 9:51:41 PM:[IFTTT]->DEBUG   at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetAccessToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        at HSPI_IFTTT.IFTTTApp.SaveDropboxAccessToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      DEBUG   at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetAccessToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                        at HSPI_IFTTT.IFTTTApp.SaveDropboxAccessToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
                      Attached Files

Comment

version 3.0.0.2

version 3.0.0.2 available in the first post of this thread
                        it implements long polling which eliminates the delay between the moment the file is created in dropbox and the moment the HS event is triggered

Comment

Not playing yet with your Plugin.

Wondering though if you are looking at Microsoft stuff.

Recently starting to switch over to Microsoft Mobile and signed up for 8.1 development plus have purchased now two MFGs Microsoft Mobile phones (well and Microsoft). (geez now at 3 MS Mobile phones to play with).

Done with Android (becoming done).

I am at the open state and next wanting to jaibreak the phones for side loading applications (not from the MS store).

Are you looking at anything mobile microsoft / Homeseer related today?
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Are you looking at anything mobile microsoft / Homeseer related today?
                            No, I don't own any Microsoft Mobile Phone.
                            I did receive the Windows Gailileo kit (http://ms-iot.github.io/content/), but I haven't played with it yet.

Do you have something in mind in particular?

Comment

HS2 version?

Hi Spud
                              I'm very interested in trying this but still running HS2. Any chance of an HS2 version (I have no clue if that is easy or hard).
                              I suppose I can try Jon00's HS2 HS3 connector if HS2 is not an option for IFTTT.
                              Jono

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                                Hi Spud
                                I'm very interested in trying this but still running HS2. Any chance of an HS2 version (I have no clue if that is easy or hard).
                                I suppose I can try Jon00's HS2 HS3 connector if HS2 is not an option for IFTTT.
                                Jono
                                sorry, I don't think I will make a HS2 version of this plugin unless there is a lot of demand, which I doubt.

Comment

Working...
                                X