Fault Finding - Refresh Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fault Finding - Refresh Issues

I cannot get my tiles to refresh when a device status changes but a manual refresh updates correctly. I've searched through the majority of the 46 page thread and found some things to try but have still not resolved the issue, so I thought I'd start a separate thread to make it easier to try and find trouble shooting for this issue for others as well.

I've tried the following and successfully get output showing in the windows:

1. Telnet to <ip address of your HomeSeer Server> <Port you want the UI to listen on>

2. Open CMD prompt and navigate to your HSMetro folder
    Then type:
    node proxy.js <ip address of your HomeSeer Server> <Port you want the UI to listen on> (Mine is port 6512)
    You should start seeing the same output that you did from your telnet session.[/I]

Any idea as to what I not done right?

I've just noticed multiple entries in the HS log of the following:

Feb-03 18:37:33 Warning ASCII command rejected, IP 192.168.0.10 not authorized

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
      I've just noticed multiple entries in the HS log of the following:

Feb-03 18:37:33 Warning ASCII command rejected, IP 192.168.0.10 not authorized
      I'm assuming you have node and the proxy running on the same server as your HS install. If you've successfully created the service, you need to make sure it's running as an admin account. Some other users had issues getting the proxy to start until they explicitly set it up to run as an admin user.

Also, make sure your firewall is not blocking. The majority of the issues with the proxy have been on regular computers where people installed HS vs buying a hometroller that was already configured to run HS.

If you've not gotten to the part where you install the proxy as a service, but you know that the proxy is running from the command line, then you need to make sure you've configured the require.config.js file to match your ports. The very first post in the main thread should have all the info you need to get you up and running.

Comment

Finally found out what my problem was, I'd got the 11000 port number in require.config.js instead of 6512. I'm sure I double checked that last night and today!

Looking good, thanks for your help

Comment

Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue, one thing you need to check is the firewall settings for node.exe.

If you update nodejs to a later version just re-check the firewall settings.

Hope this helps.

Marty.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I updated node.js and forgot to update the proxy service. As a consequence the tiles were not updating again.

For reference:

I fixed the problem by stopping the proxy service (admin command prompt in the HSMetro directory: "nssm stop hsproxyservice" ). Then "nssm edit hsproxy serivce". Check that the file paths are pointing to the correct version of node.exe and the HSMetro folder, and that arguments are "proxy.js xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port" where xxx is the IP address of the host machine and port is 6512. The Then "nssm start hsproxyservice".

M
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Working...
            X