HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.
    I vote No.

Having app-level authentication after unlock would be cumbersome. The only apps I have on my phone that does this now are banking apps and samsung pay.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I vote No.

Having app-level authentication after unlock would be cumbersome. The only apps I have on my phone that does this now are banking apps and samsung pay.
      Ditto.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        I vote No.

I probably would not use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Since HomeSeer does not support HomeKit right now, this app will not support it. If at some point we add HomeKit support, then we could add it.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

My Wish List:

- Ability to easily limit devices/rooms/areas per client. ie. Easy way to make sure my kid's ipad only has access to her room, without having to design totally custom HStouch screens for her.

- I'm with the "No - don't do secondary authentication" crowd. I agree that most of my apps that deal with Home Automation and other such things don't require it - if I don't want someone to access my phone I lock the phone. The whole point of HA is to make things more convenient, and anything you do that slows down the time between opening your phone and the time you can fire off your HA event is just going to annoy most users. If you do choose to add this, please make sure it's optional.

- Definitely Siri support. P.S. to this, I'm a big wanter for proper HomeKit support in HS3, but the main reason I want HomeKit support is because with Homekit support I can use Siri - I use the (currently unavailable) Fraggel Homekit Bridge and use Siri to control almost everything. HOWEVER, if you're able to add Siri support directly without needing HomeKit, then my need for HomeKit evaporates, and configuration will hopefully become simpler, as I have to jump through a few hoops to get things working through HomeKit with Siri the way I desire.

- Direct client notifications - email-to-SMS is too unreliable for many people. I'm currently using Pushover to get direct notifications and that works reasonably well. Having built-in proper iOS notification support would be nice though

Thanks Rich!

Comment

Whilst I remember it some type of support for RGB / colour temperature style lighting that is vacant with the current versions of HSTouch

Comment

We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.
                I agree; secondary login is a really bad idea. No one wants to enter a password. Not everyone has Touch ID on their phone.

Steve Q
                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Since you asked, I am not interested in a secondary login. My phone locks quickly and quite nicely and I do not use any facial recognition to unlock.

Which prompts another requested "Feature" which is to allow for different login accounts as opposed to a common login account for all devices. Although some may want to use the same login for all devices, so don't block the ability either. And to make sure there is no confusion, I am not asking for multiple logins on a single device.
                  Karl S
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  1070 Devices
                  56 Z-Wave Nodes
                  104 Events
                  HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                  Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Just add Touch ID / Face ID as an option let the consumers decide if they want to use it or not. I thought about it further and would be using this option at least while traveling.

The code to make that work is minuscule...it's like three API calls in Swift.

Imperihome supports touch ID btw.

Comment

I understand why some people don't want secondary authentication, and frankly, neither do I.

However 1 feature I LOVE about ImperiHome is that I can lock down (protect) certain devices. I would love this feature to make it into the HomeSeer app as well. For instance I use this on the Lock devices in ImperiHome. Even is someone gets my phone and unlocks it, they would have to know a separate set of authentication to unlock my house. I also appreciate this because my kids can't inadvertently unlock the door (or turn off our auto lock system, which I also protect in ImperiHome).

Being able to tie this into the fingerprint reader (I have a Pixel 2XL) would be awesome as well.

I will post back as I think of other things.

Comment

Since HomeSeer does not support HomeKit right now, this app will not support it. If at some point we add HomeKit support, then we could add it.
                        Rather than reinvent a new app, I think the Fraggel plugin would provide pretty much everything that most iOS users want. This was an outstanding plugin. Surely it would be easier to get Apple approval for the Fraggel plugin than starting from scratch to create a new app which would also need Apple approval!

Steve Q
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

ok I second that, look down specific areas. Make non protected and protected views. If you do that you could more easier tie in widgets.

Comment

Yes, for sure, this app will be released in phases. The first phase probably won't have much that you are requesting here, but features will be added as we go along, this way we can get it out quickly.

Originally posted by kideon
                            For the sake of both our community and the advancement of the platform I would recommend keeping the scope as straight forward on the initial release then take into account the wants and needs as a planned roadmap. Based on the recent Smart Things outage and some other concerns that have arisen in the HA community, HS has the potential to reach a much broader audience. I'm glad you're looking at other apps to see how they are doing it, also look at the feedback on the subreddits related to the complaints from their users.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OH!!!! An Android Widget or two! THAT could be interesting... Especially when the phone comes on and someone pocket dials the lights or garage door!

Yes, I like my Widgets. But I would really have to think about one for home automation use.
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

With locks this is a good idea and we already do this with HSTouch.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                                I understand why some people don't want secondary authentication, and frankly, neither do I.

However 1 feature I LOVE about ImperiHome is that I can lock down (protect) certain devices. I would love this feature to make it into the HomeSeer app as well. For instance I use this on the Lock devices in ImperiHome. Even is someone gets my phone and unlocks it, they would have to know a separate set of authentication to unlock my house. I also appreciate this because my kids can't inadvertently unlock the door (or turn off our auto lock system, which I also protect in ImperiHome).

Being able to tie this into the fingerprint reader (I have a Pixel 2XL) would be awesome as well.

I will post back as I think of other things.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X