No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Mobile Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be happy to have second authorisation, but agree it should be optional.

I have an app that controls my house alarm, I have to sign into that and it is no hassle for me.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I vote No.

Having app-level authentication after unlock would be cumbersome. The only apps I have on my phone that does this now are banking apps and samsung pay.

Same. On Android if there is a specific app I want to lock I use Tasker.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        This is problematic, what if you want to connect to a vacation home, but you are in your current home, which system does it auto connect to? I guess a setup setting needs to be set to tell the app how to connect, like Auto (for the case where you only have one system), and a prompt so it prompts you for when you have multiple systems. There could be a mode for when it cannot get an Internet connection it then looks for a local system. Or an option so it always looks for a local system first. More settings to complicate users, something we are trying to get away from. Any setting like this will need to go under an "Advanced" setting area.
        Default the auto-sense and use an Advanced Options sounds like a good way to do this as I would suspect that, outside current HS users, someone with a second system is going to have had the first system installed and in use prior to the second. They would have been using the mobile app already as well.

I have a url for my system at home and don't use MyHS. I use this URL only and don't bother with internal and external connections. I still have to re-connect at time but don't get the "server not available" message popping up all the time.

I have been finding the comments about the visual interface interesting. "Modern" and "Outdated" are terms I personally find to be a result of following trends, which I find counter-productive. I applaud HS. Their web interface provides a lot of information in a concise, usable format. I struggle with providing end users a lot of information (which they are requesting) in a way that puts it all in front of them, is legible and useful, and doesn't distract the end user while trying to meet their varied needs. Many of them do not want a Task Based interface, but "want to see everything at one time." The HS Web interface has done a good job at showing us a lot of information. I do NOT see it as a daily interaction location. As has been stated in other ways the A in HA is for Automation. Not Alternative Interfaces (to analog wall switches for example). The web interface is to provide a means to set that up. So I hope the new mobile app does not take an approach of "What does a 'Modern Interface' look like and let's mirror that." but instead says "How can we set the trend of the next Interface?" or at least be innovative.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
          I have been finding the comments about the visual interface interesting. "Modern" and "Outdated" are terms I personally find to be a result of following trends, which I find counter-productive. I applaud HS. Their web interface provides a lot of information in a concise, usable format. I struggle with providing end users a lot of information (which they are requesting) in a way that puts it all in front of them, is legible and useful, and doesn't distract the end user while trying to meet their varied needs. Many of them do not want a Task Based interface, but "want to see everything at one time." The HS Web interface has done a good job at showing us a lot of information. I do NOT see it as a daily interaction location. As has been stated in other ways the A in HA is for Automation. Not Alternative Interfaces (to analog wall switches for example). The web interface is to provide a means to set that up. So I hope the new mobile app does not take an approach of "What does a 'Modern Interface' look like and let's mirror that." but instead says "How can we set the trend of the next Interface?" or at least be innovative.
          I couldn't agree more. Modern and visually appealing are very subjective. I first want functional and useful, I really don't care how it looks. Some "modern" interfaces are atrocious, while others proudly embrace a "retro" style and function quite well.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have needed HStouch this week. I only use the default project and it does everything I need. The vast majority of functions that HomeSeer controls are automatic. For those functions that cannot be launched automatically we use HS switch/dimmer scene controls or remotes. We don't use HSTouch (or HomeSeer) for surveillance camera viewing or AV control. The Sonos and camera apps are much more robust and functional than any HA client would be. Our media is controlled by Harmony remotes, which have far more appeal to users in my house than a phone or tablet app would.

All that being said, I look forward to
          Originally posted by rjh
          a new "from the ground up" mobile app that will allow you to control and manage your entire system, including event management
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is problematic, what if you want to connect to a vacation home, but you are in your current home, which system does it auto connect to? I guess a setup setting needs to be set to tell the app how to connect, like Auto (for the case where you only have one system), and a prompt so it prompts you for when you have multiple systems. There could be a mode for when it cannot get an Internet connection it then looks for a local system. Or an option so it always looks for a local system first. More settings to complicate users, something we are trying to get away from. Any setting like this will need to go under an "Advanced" setting area.
            The way that ImperiHome solves this is by using the SSID you are connected to. It's not just when I'm connected to Wifi, but only when I'm connected to TheThompsonHauntedManor SSID.

This is set up in the app and is set up separate for each "system" in Imperihome. It's not all that complicated and it asks you when you set up the "system" if the current SSID is the "Home" SSID.

I also believe they have a global setting for this but allow you to override it for each "System".

This allows you to use items from multiple systems on 1 dashboard and ImperiHome will use the correct URL based on the "system" the device belongs to.

In your example of a vacation home, on a dashboard, I could have controls for my "Home", but also show sensor data for my "vacation home".

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721
              This!
              Definitely Export/Import
              cheeryfool

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  I couldn't agree more. Modern and visually appealing are very subjective. I first want functional and useful, I really don't care how it looks. Some "modern" interfaces are atrocious, while others proudly embrace a "retro" style and function quite well.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have needed HStouch this week. I only use the default project and it does everything I need. The vast majority of functions that HomeSeer controls are automatic. For those functions that cannot be launched automatically we use HS switch/dimmer scene controls or remotes. We don't use HSTouch (or HomeSeer) for surveillance camera viewing or AV control. The Sonos and camera apps are much more robust and functional than any HA client would be. Our media is controlled by Harmony remotes, which have far more appeal to users in my house than a phone or tablet app would.

All that being said, I look forward to
                  Plugin's:

Comment

For me, HSTouch is my primary way to interface to my home. I never use the default project and constantly tweak the HST project to fit our desires at the moment. I have blue iris but use HST to view and control the cameras. I have Ecobee and Rachio but almost never use their aps. I have tailored HSTouch to be the singular interface to everything that HS can communicate with. I use the web interface only when I have no other choice.

- Robert

Comment

Not sure about the hstouch myhs support. On HSTouch, if you log in with your primary MyHS credentials, the app will display a dialog displaying all of your systems. You can then select the system you want.

Do you mean that you want it offer all your MyHS connected systems, and also offer any local system? Note that if you select a MyHS system that is also local, it will connect to the system using the IP, not through the server.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Less eye candy and more functionality will do me nicely. Users these days are obsessed with fancy bells and whistles in favour of true functionality. I don't care what colour the buttons are on my screen are as long as they do what they are supposed to.

Comment

Not sure about the hstouch myhs support. On HSTouch, if you log in with your primary MyHS credentials, the app will display a dialog displaying all of your systems. You can then select the system you want.

Do you mean that you want it offer all your MyHS connected systems, and also offer any local system? Note that if you select a MyHS system that is also local, it will connect to the system using the IP, not through the server.
                          Plugin's:

Comment

Ok, yes, this is an issue and has been brought to our attention before. Our plan is to allow you to specify a project per system in your MyHS account. Then when you connect to that system it automatically switches the correct project. This is something we want to add soon to the current HSTouch app. We have some commercial users who need this as they have multiple sites they need to connect to.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We have looked at many HA apps, and while there isn't a standard, I did not find one that forced a login. I would say if you want security, make sure your phone auto locks.

But that being said, I would like to hear feedback from others. Would you want a secondary login to get into this app? I would never use it as my phone locks automatically and I don't want the extra step. If there is interest, we could make this an option.
                              Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 (Alarm app) forces login. It offers Touch ID if the device supports it.

This isn't a make-or-break requirement for me since I lock the phone. However, since the alarm can be disarmed thru HomeSeer, the two are comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                                Ability to easily limit devices/rooms/areas per client. ie. Easy way to make sure my kid's ipad only has access to her room, without having to design totally custom HStouch screens for her.

- Definitely Siri support.
                                These are at the top of my list, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X